2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never stayed at CS, so I can't help you there. CBR is a beautiful and quiet resort that we LOVE, but the pirate rooms are really far from everything!

I know! That's why we keep going back and forth. Such a bummer they put more expensive rooms way out there. I think we are sticking to it for now since the UoC lasts awhile. Our son was excited at the pirate beds too (even though I've read they aren't that comfy, why disney, why!)

Yes, I left the page up and kept refreshing like once an hour! I can help too. What are the dates? Hotels?

Her dates are 9/30 - 10/9 at CBR or POR or (worst case) 2 values. They are a family of 5 and her kids will be 8,7, and 6 I believe. I've been looking at dates that covers most of her dates (like 9/30 - 10/6, 9/30 - 10/7/, 10/1 - 10/6, etc.) thinking maybe she could get RO for the other dates.

I know! That's why we keep going back and forth. Such a bummer they put more expensive rooms way out there. I think we are sticking to it for now since the UoC lasts awhile. Our son was excited at the pirate beds too (even though I've read they aren't that comfy, why disney, why!)
We never had any problems with buses there (except to DS) and the internal bus was never that long of a wait! The walk is very pretty and my kids loved all of the lizards that dart across the paths.:)

Her dates are 9/30 - 10/9 at CBR or POR or (worst case) 2 values. They are a family of 5 and her kids will be 8,7, and 6 I believe. I've been looking at dates that covers most of her dates (like 9/30 - 10/6, 9/30 - 10/7/, 10/1 - 10/6, etc.) thinking maybe she could get RO for the other dates.
Ok I'll keep my eye out! Those dates are very limited. My backup dates were in that range and they had hardly anything on Monday! Hopefully we can find something!

From what I gather, that's correct. You'd be paying for his tickets to be 10+ but that's like $20 difference for greater flexibility.
I just called and CM said I CAN do this so asked her run the number$ for me. I'm staying at a Moderate 9days/8nights with FD but I upgraded to deluxe dining. It would be about $40/night more for my DD(8) to be "aged up" to adult status. That's a little more than I expected so I passed on it.

CM also pointed out to me that because I'm on deluxe dining we get app./entree/dessert at each meal. I didn't know about the addition of app. on the deluxe plan. They're gonna have to roll my onto the plane when I leave Orlando!

I just called and CM said I CAN do this so asked her run the number$ for me. I'm staying at a Moderate 9days/8nights with FD but I upgraded to deluxe dining. It would be about $40/night more for my DD(8) to be "aged up" to adult status. That's a little more than I expected so I passed on it.

CM also pointed out to me that because I'm on deluxe dining we get app./entree/dessert at each meal. I didn't know about the addition of app. on the deluxe plan. They're gonna have to roll my onto the plane when I leave Orlando!

Oh nevermind, on a deluxe the kid credits are the same as adults, thanks for checking in!

I need reassurance once again.

Last night while doing obsessive searching, for no reason really (we have our reservations now for CBR and Boardwalk for our split stay honeymoon with FD), I found a Poly standard room at the back to school savings rate of $420 a night. I convinced my fiance that we NEED to stay at the Poly because I've always wanted to, and I added it to my cart and tried to check out. And then I clicked check out. And then it loaded back to the same page. Again. And again. And again. Then I tried a new browser, went through the same process, same results. So I left it in my cart, came back this morning, and, shocker, the room is gone and now only club level is available at the discount. GAH. :sad:

Is it worth me calling and complaining? Will anyone be able to do anything to get me the discounted price on a regular price room?

This happened to us last night, we are trying to modify from All Star Music to POP and when we called they said they had nothing available even though it was still showing up for us, we just couldn't check out.

I am worried that it's gonna be expensive mainly bc of the extra hours thing. If people are paying $150 for that?!?! So I'll take 10% for sure!

I'm gonna keep looking. Unfortunately cutting the first weekend off ours isnt an option bc the FD offer ends on that Saturday (10/1)

Me too! 9/30-10/9!

Yes!!!
I'm going 9/28-10/4 I need some pixie dust

I got the UOC this morning. Waited 40 minutes on hold to find out that the only rooms available at CBR for my dates (11/4-12) are pirate rooms. No FD or room discount for me :(

Oh nevermind, on a deluxe the kid credits are the same as adults, thanks for checking in!
Kid credits are the as adult credits on deluxe? That's even better news!!

Hmmm...I wonder what she was talking about when she said it would be $40 more per night to book my 8y.o. As an adult on deluxe dining.

Last edited:
Well if you want a little bit more.

Some may have received them, but there are at least two sets of PIN codes going. One is up to 30% off lodging May 30-Aug 25. The other is for Stay-Play-Dine May 1–26 and May 30–June 28, 2016.

Also, the consensus regarding MNSSHP pricing is around a 10% raise from last year's price.

Not really much to speak of...

Would that price increase be the same for MVMCP?

Is this true? I am tempted to book a second RO discounted reservation at a value resort until we can figure out if we can truly swing the package we booked. The cast member was so rude to me and told me if we have two packages booked under my name in MDE, that Disney will automatically cancel ALL my reservations. I don't see how they could do this, but he told me something about them setting parameters in the computer and it can weed out who is hoarding reservations.. Is it any different than if you needed to book two resorts if you had other family joining you?

I've had 2 reservations in the past and they never automatically cancelled one, I had to. This was before MDE. Put one in your husband's name or who ever else is going with you.

Kid credits are the as adult credits on deluxe? That's ecven better news!!

Hmmm...I wonder what she was talking about when she said it would be $40 more per night to book my 8y.o. As an adult on deluxe dining.

That's what I've gathered from reading, some experts would be able to explain it better. It's that they are interchangable. I would consult one of the FAQs for more details.

Since we're all bargain hunters in here and friends don't let friends pay full price I wanted to let you know that JCpenneys is having a sale! Just went to the mall and bought 2 Disney tank tops for our trip for $4 total!!! They were buy one get one free and I had a $10 coupon! Hakuna Matata!
How.? penny's always blocks Disney from coupons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter