2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we booked before the Free Dining promotion came out. This way we could book all of our reservations. When the promotion came out we just switched out booking to the Free Dining. It did not change any of our dining reservations. We were able to get a few hard to get reservations by doing this.

That's what I am thinking I should do this month or next for sure. Then when the deal came out did you have to call in to switch? That's my only issue is I have heard calling is hard to get the deal since they are so busy? Thanks.

I was there Sept 18-29 with free dining, I asked to book a bounce back while I was there and they said I didn't have a bounce back!

When we called 8844 from the room (we were there on Sept 29), they said that they did not have a "bounce back" but they had a "future stay offer"

You may of just gotten a cranky cast member

I was just there during free dining and totally forgot to call about the bounceback. There was nothing in the room, but others on this board said there was a free dining bounceback. Arghhh, can't believe I forgot to call while I was there!

We had an offer in the room from spring when we got there on Sep 29, they clearly are not keeping up with the switching of the info.

Hoping for first week in December, is that generally a week where they offer it with Pop Warner in house? Just curious.

Side Note: I remember when we did the very first year they rolled out free dining, deal of a lifetime! That's when the DDP included everything, appetizer, entree, dessert & gratuity! Miss that!

Hoping for first week in December, is that generally a week where they offer it with Pop Warner in house? Just curious.

Side Note: I remember when we did the very first year they rolled out free dining, deal of a lifetime! That's when the DDP included everything, appetizer, entree, dessert & gratuity! Miss that!

If it is Pop Warner week, then no, it will not be offered for that week. If you can arrive on the last day of the offer before that week begins (if it is offered at all), then you would still have it for the entire week. But you have to check in on a date free dining is offered.

That's what I am thinking I should do this month or next for sure. Then when the deal came out did you have to call in to switch? That's my only issue is I have heard calling is hard to get the deal since they are so busy? Thanks.

We went through a travel agent. She is a friend of my from high school. I was not able to switch it because of using a travel agent. On the page from last year many others did this. Some called and some just made a new reservation and then called another day (when things died down) to cancel the first one. Both ways seemed to be rough the day the deal went live. The website kept crashing and the phones were busy.

Booked bounce back for September 2016 for 2,weeks Caribbean beach which was sold out last year along with port orleans

We were at CBR from 8/28 thru 9/7 in 2015. We booked a bounceback for 2016. There was no literature in the room but I just called the extension all the diser's said to call. I was able to book for 2016 without a problem. Personally, I think they are going to reduce the free dining even more this year then it was in 2015. Hopefully I am wrong, but the fall months have been very busy at Disney and they don't need to offer free dining. Our family makes out great with free dining. We pay around $185/night for CBR and get $260/night worth of free dining. I don't know if Disney losses money on us but they don't make as much as they could if free dining wasn't offered.

Looking out for Free Dining 2016! I got it last year and am, hoping, to get it again when I go November 12th-19th. Last year, the dates were announced in late April, early May, so, hopefully around the same time this year!

So I've read that some have booked FD BB for Sept. 2016, what MOD resorts were available?

So I've read that some have booked FD BB for Sept. 2016, what MOD resorts were available?

If I remember correctly they were all values except Little Mermaid room, All mods except POFQ and I don't remember the Deluxes. It was pretty much the same ones that have been offered.

first week of December has been excluded the last few years:

2015:

August 28-October 2
October 25-31
November 8-19
December 15-21
Excluded Resorts:
All Star Movies (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans French Quarter (excluded after August 30)
Port Orleans Riverside (excluded after October 2)
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard View Rooms, campsites and 3-bedroom villas all excluded
Requirements:
Addition of Park Hopper or Water Park & More

2014:

August 31 – October 3, 2014
October 26 – November 1, 2014
November 9 – 20, 2014
December 12 – 23, 2014

2013:
September 29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013
November 11 – 23, 2013
December 12 – 22, 2013

Thanks, We have been adding PH the last few trips and now are used to the extra expense and have really enjoyed the PH option.
Hoping that since we are wanting to book Sept. 10-18 that maybe we will have a chance to book POR.
We will just go down the list of available MODs until we get a room package. We've stayed at all of the MODS and AKL.
We really love POR, it's our favorite MOD but we stayed at CBR last trip and it was very nice, just very large.
Here's some Pixie Dust, that we all get FD~~:tink:

We are crossing out fingers for FD in September. Looks like fall 2015 FD was announced in April 2015. Does that sound right?

I found the bounce back offer buried in the in-room info packet....I'm kicking myself for not booking than!

We are looking for free dining dates in 2016, as well. Didn't get to go in 2015 but hoping we can plan a trip for 2016. We love going in early spring or fall; so, we'll stay on the lookout for free dining during those times. Maybe Disney Visa will offer something prior to it going public.

The beginning of the end?

My first thought exactly. Last year when the number of rooms was so limited for Free Dining I thought the wean had begun and maybe we'd see nothing this fall. But this, what a clever way to drop expectations.

The beginning of the end?
The date range which goes up to 8/13, gives me hope that they will have something similar, if not better starting on 8/14 since new promotions tend to start once existing ones end. Fingers crossed for something for 8/20 - 8/28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter