2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, considering this summer deal isn't something normally offered during the time frame, maybe it could be a slight improvement to a time that doesn't see this type of discount. We have a possible trip for Oct '16 so I'm watching to see what happens.

I didn't read all the fine print, so is this still a full price room and ticket package. How many days tickets needed and what type?

I didn't read all the fine print, so is this still a full price room and ticket package. How many days tickets needed and what type?

• 4-night/5-day room and ticket package at a value resort
  • Minimum 2-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket
  • Most stays from May 29 – June 30, 2016 and July 5 – August 13, 2016
  • Book from January 19 – February 29, 2016
Excluded resorts are the Little Mermaid rooms and the campsites.

As others, the first thing I thought was also this is probably what is going to happen with the fall. I hope not, we love full free dining. I'm so glad we got the FD Bounceback for this year as this would have really stressed me out. I'm always wondering about when they are going to totally pull the plug on it, and now I'm wondering if it will be a weaning down process instead.

I could see Free Dining slowly dissolving as a general public booking and maybe just be offered as a Bounceback. It would get guests to commit to their Disney vacation a year in advance before they start considering their other options. Some will cancel but many won't because they won't want to lose the FD.

I could see Free Dining slowly dissolving as a general public booking and maybe just be offered as a Bounceback. It would get guests to commit to their Disney vacation a year in advance before they start considering their other options. Some will cancel but many won't because they won't want to lose the FD.

That's a good idea. Stinks for the general public, but that would be a good way for Disney to do it yet still give a perk to their best (i.e., return) customer.

That's a good idea. Stinks for the general public, but that would be a good way for Disney to do it yet still give a perk to their best (i.e., return) customer.

And it might get guests to come at a time when they weren't planning to just to book the Free Dining, so now they got you twice.

Years ago (going back to 2006) I remember talk each year that you might only get it Bounceback. People would post they went down for a shorter trip just so they could book it.

We upgrade to DxDDP, but it's nice to get part of it free! I tried to talk DH into doing a room only discount this fall and paying OOP. I love the DxDDP, but our family doesn't really need 6 apps at every meal! He's all "Deluxe or I don't go", but I think we will have to see what the fall offer brings. If it's anything like this one...we have some serious talking to do!

I'm surprised they offer any Summer Discounts at all!! I don't think they have problems filling the rooms during that time. So this discount is a surprise to me.

I like this offer because its a more reasonable amount of food. We've had DP and QSDP and its just too much food for our family of 3. On QSDP last fall we brought home 5 extra sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich with our leftover credits. Delicious but unnecessary.

My first thought exactly. Last year when the number of rooms was so limited for Free Dining I thought the wean had begun and maybe we'd see nothing this fall. But this, what a clever way to drop expectations.
Oh say it ain't so!!!!:sad2: Honestly the only way my family can stay on-site is with FD. DH and the kids insist on the DDP, but if there isn't a discount, then our much anticipated trip in November may not happen.:sad:

Oh say it ain't so!!!!:sad2: Honestly the only way my family can stay on-site is with FD. DH and the kids insist on the DDP, but if there isn't a discount, then our much anticipated trip in November may not happen.:sad:

No one knows anything, we are all just projecting based on little bits of info. Don't worry just yet! :goodvibes Positive thoughts.

BUT .... have a back up plan. Would the kids really not want to go to Disney unless they can have DDP?

No one knows anything, we are all just projecting based on little bits of info. Don't worry just yet! :goodvibes Positive thoughts.

BUT .... have a back up plan. Would the kids really not want to go to Disney unless they can have DDP?

Thanks for your reply.:). No of course they would still want to go, but really a lot of our great memories/experiences/traditions in going to WDW revolve around our favorite TS meals. Having to rein my older ones in on what they eat, don't get a dessert or the most expensive thing on the menu, etc, will be a different experience than we are used to. The ease of the DDP credits have spoiled us. I know that if we are paying OOP for all food and drink, I will be miserable and watching costs like a hawk.

But like you said, nothing's set in stone yet, so positive thoughts:flower3:. Just like the ones that helped me win the powerball...:rolleyes:

I'm surprised they offer any Summer Discounts at all!! I don't think they have problems filling the rooms during that time. So this discount is a surprise to me.

My guess is they're doing it to see if people will take it. They don't NEED to offer it, but it is a good time to test this newer version to see if anyone will take the carrot.

I like this offer because its a more reasonable amount of food. We've had DP and QSDP and its just too much food for our family of 3. On QSDP last fall we brought home 5 extra sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich with our leftover credits. Delicious but unnecessary.

But are you willing to pay full price for room and tickets for just one free meal?

You get a better deal from orbitz for room only discount and pay oop for food.

When I run the numbers its not a terrible discount for my family. For our 6 night stay, that's 18 meals paid up front.

Last edited:
I currently have the dining plan as part of my packaged we booked. If I called would I be able to get this offer applied and receive an additional QS meal each day?

I currently have the dining plan as part of my packaged we booked. If I called would I be able to get this offer applied and receive an additional QS meal each day?

That's a great question! Since this is new, no one knows. Why don't you call and see if you can and then report back. If you can pay for one dining plan AND get this one for free, I suggest you start a new thread with the news. Remember, this promotion means you pay full rack rate for room and tickets, so if you have any discount on your current package, you'll forfeit that.

I'm thinking you can't get the free QS meal plus buy the dining plan. When you book this promotion it will give you the option to upgrade your dining plan.

qspromo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter