2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Did 6.2 miles today and will try to do 13.1 tomorrow as a dry run for the glass slipper, but boy was it cold out today for my run. I was feeling good but it was so hard because I stopped being able to feel my legs

You are in Boston, yes? I'm in NH, it is so cold out there! Good for you getting outside.

My husband is out for the GSC, he tore his meniscus (stretching of all things) and had to have 60% of it removed last week. 3rd Princess but first time solo. More bummed that he can't join me than losing the race fees to be quite honest.

Question for those that may have done it before- can you swap t-shirt sizes at the expo???

Training is going ok over here; I think I'm ready but I still won't have run 13 miles by race day and that makes me nervous. Next week is my longest run at 12 miles and I think I'll feel better once that's done.

My husband is out for the GSC, he tore his meniscus (stretching of all things) and had to have 60% of it removed last week. 3rd Princess but first time solo. More bummed that he can't join me than losing the race fees to be quite honest.

Question for those that may have done it before- can you swap t-shirt sizes at the expo???

Oh your poor husband!!!

Yes they have a dynamic and good shirt size exchange at the expo.

Hey Fellow Runners,

I'm in Corral M for the Glass Slipper Challenge -- what time would you reccomend I arrive if I don't necessarily care about being near the front of the pack at my corral? This is my first race at Disney World, but I've done two at Disneyland. The two that I did at DL, the times were staggered by roughly 5 minutes with each corral, so when I was in I for the Inifinity Gauntlet Challenge in November, I came in around 6:15am with about 5 minutes to spare before we were up. Since I'm anticipating very little sleep during this trip, I'd like to take advantage of whatever opportunities I can to "sleep in" :p

Unfortunately, races at WDW are a whole different thing. There is no sleeping in or quick trip to the start line. There are bus lines, there is traffic

Sounds like you have a good plan going! I have been doing all of my runs inside this winter. We have had a lot of snow and the roads are just not safe. I'm hoping that it is not impacting my training too much. I'm getting in the miles, but its not the same as being outside.

I'm about a week away from weather obsessing. 14 days out, is my tradition. haha

I've run inside a lot too. I did a 5 mile run the other day outside and didn't get shin splints, so I think I'll be okay!

I live in ORLANDO. My bands traveled from Davenport to Illinois to Georgia and are now allegedly back in Central FL. We have about 800 bands from being AP so they are not necessary, but ***? I could have picked them up same day with less hassle.

Maybe it's that carrier they're using, and it has to go to some kind of a hub. That's all I can think of, because it seems like this type of thing is happening to everyone.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! :( I hope his recovery is going okay.

Yep, there is a shirt swap area at the expo. It'll be clearly marked and it's easy to swap as long as they have your size available! :)

Training is going well - I swapped this weekend and last weekend, because I traveled to the U.K. And couldn't manage a long run over the weekend. I did get 6 miles of a sightseeing run in while I was there though.

Heading out in a few minutes to do 10 miles - 24 degrees right now. I'm just glad it hasn't been a snowy winter here in MA - I think training would have been sooo much harder if it had been!

Can I say all you ladies deserve a huge pat on the back. I love the empathy, championing, and selflessness I have seen on this entire feed. We all love this weekend but know that it can be complicated, especially for a first time Disney world runner. All of the advice is really helping more people than you could ever know (coming from a long time lurker). I have experienced a good bit of "mean girling" from a good friend/my princess running partner lately and it is so refreshing to see all of your posts. I feel re-energized for the best race weekend!

I will be mrs potts (running skirt, white crystal top, and one yellow/one white arm sleeves) for the 10k and poke ball princess (Pokémon inspired Mickey ears) for the half...Gotta catch 'em (glass slippers) all. I will be available for cheering if needed so come say hi! And again bless each and every one of y'all.

It is 20F (2F "real feel") right now in MN and I am heading out for HOPEFULLY 11 miles. Have never gone that far before. I got new shoes yesterday which I am excited about, but will throw an older pair in the car in case it doesn't work out. I am looking forward to the weekend, but feeling a bit like I would be perfectly happy to give running up forever after this...

It is 20F (2F "real feel") right now in MN and I am heading out for HOPEFULLY 11 miles. Have never gone that far before. I got new shoes yesterday which I am excited about, but will throw an older pair in the car in case it doesn't work out. I am looking forward to the weekend, but feeling a bit like I would be perfectly happy to give running up forever after this...
Very normal to feel that way. Good luck on your run today!!

Training is going ok over here; I think I'm ready but I still won't have run 13 miles by race day and that makes me nervous. Next week is my longest run at 12 miles and I think I'll feel better once that's done.

The training plan that I have used for several races only calls for a longest training run of 12 miles, and it's always worked out fine, if that helps. : ) Enjoy your taper after the 12 mile!

We are getting near the end of training. How is everyone doing? Hang in there, the finish is in sight!

I just did a 4 miler and I have a 9 miler scheduled tomorrow for my birthday. :-) This training session has me topping out at 5/10 miles next weekend. I haven't missed a run since before Christmas, so I'm feeling pretty good.

When I started out on my 12 mile yesterday, it was cold (about 14 degrees), but not too bad for WI. At mile 10.5, I hit some crazy wind. I almost got blown off of my feet waiting for a stoplight. I was trying to visualize where I'd be on the course through most of the run, but I couldn't even begin to picture what EPCOT would look like fighting that kind of wind chill. Anyone have some great tips for warming up after coming in from a run like that??? I wanted to stretch and foam roll, but I was just SO cold.

PS- Happy birthday!!!!

Last edited:
Corral M here, which isn't great but could be worse right? I didn't have a time to submit and I've only been running less than a year and had no clue what I might pace at now in Feb when I registered. My bib number is 26k something. Are there really that many runners? For some reason I had around 20k runners in my head total but I have no clue where I got that from.

No training run for me this weekend...just back from Urgent Care.

I have the worst double ear infection the Nurse Practioner had ever seen! And, as a bonus, a sinus infection too!

Left with prescriptions for antibiotics and a steroid nasal spray.

And, yes, I did consider going out to run later today but DH told me that would not be very smart.

You northern girls are tough!!!!! I can barely drag myself out the door when we hit the 40s. We're in the upper 60s today. We have had a very mild winter. There have been a few blasts of arctic air that have taken us around freezing for a few days sandwiched between temps in the 60s and 70s.

Many plans don't run 13 until race day. I never have. I use John Bingham's plans and they top out at 10 miles. His weekday runs are longer than Galloway's, but the longs runs are shorter. You will be fine with 12!

Ha! 20's, 30's....you won't see me outside until at least 50 and no wind. I'm a real wimp. I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule and a TM at home. And as far as distance, many plans only go to 10 miles and that is all I have done for several including this year. I think the higher miles are for those that want to finish strong and are a bit faster. Last year I trained harder and longer than any other year. I was at 10 miles in December and did two 12 mile runs. My goal was to break the two hour mark and it payed off, but it was hard and I knew all the stars would have to align...no sickness, injury and good temperatures on race day.

I have been on the Princess thread the last nine years and I think this has been one of the most encouraging years with many dedicated to doing their best, and other helping the newbie through the unknown.

We are almost there...finish strong and be proud of your accomplishments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter