2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I got my 9 in this morning. I actually don't mind running in the cold, it's the ice and snow that are a problem for me. I am entirely too clumsy for that!

@DIS-OH sorry to hear about your troubles. Ear/sinus infections are the worst. At least you should have time to clear it up before the race.

@DIS-OH sorry to hear about your troubles. Ear/sinus infections are the worst. At least you should have time to clear it up before the race.

That's what I keep telling myself! Better now than the week of the race! Can't imagine flying like this!

Ran 5 miles and 11 miles last weekend at a great pace, so I'm not too worried about missing this weekend.

Now hoping DH doesn't fall victim to it...

Ha! 20's, 30's....you won't see me outside until at least 50 and no wind. I'm a real wimp.

Ditto big time. I won't go out until the mid 40s and heaven help me if it's windy. I have gotten even worse about wind since leaving Edwards California. Better get used to that again. And don't even get me started on my feeling on hills...anyone else already hearing the green toy army man yelling to "get up my hill" around mile 10? Lol. Not to scare the newbies...it more funny motivation than anything else...and could be a funny photo op to drop and do push ups military style. But darn that hill, it just keeps going and going and going...

THE GREEN ARMY GUY!
Most either love or hate him. I can't stand him and make sure I am on the opposite side of the road. Through out the years, characters have come and gone or changed places but He is the one character that has been on that uphill onramp EVERY year!

What does he do? :confused3

He yells at the runners! Stuff like get up that hill, keep it going and I have hear him taunt, I guess like one would hear at boot camp. Remember he is just past mile ten (a distance many have trained to) and it is on a long swooping onramp that is banked, one of the hardest parts of the cours, in my opinion.
It is fine, but I would much rather hear a kind voice telling me I am doing fine and it's just a 5k in now.

Does anyone know the best place to look for information for the spectators? Any detailed info I find, like locations, is for those that pay extra for the cheer squads. I've already told my posse to not worry about the 10k but they want to view the half and be at the end. Now that we know corrals I have an idea of when I'll be finishing (I'm thinking 8:45at the earliest -9:15, maybe later depending on stops or problems) I just want to be able to tell them where to go, my mom stresses about things worse than I do :blush:

Just got back from my 9 mile long run - longest distance I've EVER run! Thankfully it is beautiful, sunny and nearly 50 today so it was a joy to get to do it outside. I don't mind cold at ALL but we've had lots of snow and cold, so the roads haven't been clear enough for me to feel comfortable on anything but short jaunts now and then. Thank goodness for the weather today because I'm not sure I could've done 9 on the treadmill. Next week is 11 and then the taper!

I'm new here. Running my first half in a few weeks. Can't wait. I'm just praying to finish at this point. Sprained my ankle a few months back pretty bad and I just haven't been the same since. Anyone have a recommendation of a good ankle brace? I've just been wrapping it when I run, but I think I need something better.

Also, I saw in another post we now know of corral placement. How do we find out about this? I've been watching my email but I haven't seen anything yet.

Does anyone know the best place to look for information for the spectators? Any detailed info I find, like locations, is for those that pay extra for the cheer squads. I've already told my posse to not worry about the 10k but they want to view the half and be at the end. Now that we know corrals I have an idea of when I'll be finishing (I'm thinking 8:45at the earliest -9:15, maybe later depending on stops or problems) I just want to be able to tell them where to go, my mom stresses about things worse than I do :blush:
I spectate the Princess Half in 2014 without the ChEAR squad. We went to the Magic Kingdom first (you can take official race Transportation to Epcot and then monorail to MK - make sure to be sharp on official transportation hours) and waited on Main Street. Then monorail back to Epcot and saw our BFF on the course twice near Spaceship Earth (needed a park ticket for this).

Texting with her helped a lot to know where she was. We were all very familiar with the course and WDW transportation, which helped a lot. For more info, check page 31 of the event guide.

I'm new here. Running my first half in a few weeks. Can't wait. I'm just praying to finish at this point. Sprained my ankle a few months back pretty bad and I just haven't been the same since. Anyone have a recommendation of a good ankle brace? I've just been wrapping it when I run, but I think I need something better.

Also, I saw in another post we now know of corral placement. How do we find out about this? I've been watching my email but I haven't seen anything yet.
Go to https://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/runner-info/

Download your waiver to get your bib number and check that against the corral list.

Sorry about your ankle! Have you tried KT tape? They have a booth at the expo and will tape you if you buy a roll there. Line can get long though.

Go to https://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/runner-info/

Download your waiver to get your bib number and check that against the corral list.

Sorry about your ankle! Have you tried KT tape? They have a booth at the expo and will tape you if you buy a roll there. Line can get long though.

Awesome. It looks like we got corral O. I guess it could be worse though.

I haven't tried the tape. I looked at it but it looks so complicated . I will definitely look at it a bit more though. And maybe I can get them to wrap me up before. That's good to know.

Awesome. It looks like we got corral O. I guess it could be worse though.

I haven't tried the tape. I looked at it but it looks so complicated . I will definitely look at it a bit more though. And maybe I can get them to wrap me up before. That's good to know.

Sorry about your ankle!

If you haven't already gone, it might be worth it to find a local PT or chiropractor who can do the taping for your ankle locally. The tape can stay on for several days, even in the shower, and they can show you how to re-apply it on yourself for when it does come off. They might also be able to do some things to speed along your recovery like Graston technique and give you advice for how to re-strengthen it. Your local running store probably has people that they'd recommend who are particularly good with runner-specific issues.

I don't know how much support your ankle needs, but a compression sock might help too if you aren't already using them.

Sorry about your ankle!

If you haven't already gone, it might be worth it to find a local PT or chiropractor who can do the taping for your ankle locally. The tape can stay on for several days, even in the shower, and they can show you how to re-apply it on yourself for when it does come off. They might also be able to do some things to speed along your recovery like Graston technique and give you advice for how to re-strengthen it. Your local running store probably has people that they'd recommend who are particularly good with runner-specific issues.

I don't know how much support your ankle needs, but a compression sock might help too if you aren't already using them.

I've got a copper compression sock I wear and it does help somewhat I think I need something a little stronger though. Im super paranoid it's going to happen again. I will definitely look into our running store here in town. Hopefully they can pint me in the right direction.

Does anyone know how long it is between corrals? I'm trying to figure out approximate start time for our family to watch.

I'm doing the 5k and the GSC...at the expo, do I go to the Field House for bib and gear bag pick-up? Does the GSC bag include both 10k and 1/2 marathon shirts and stuff or do I also have to go to the J Center to pick up the 10k and 1/2 marathon gear bag?
@Ariel484 Thank you for letting me know that I can still get the GSC medal even if I'm off my pace! That eased my mind since I thought I had to do both within the 16min/mile pace. I may now be able to get in a pic or two!

Ok...disregard my question! I found the answer several pages further in the race info. I just have to go to the Field House!

Last edited:
I spectate the Princess Half in 2014 without the ChEAR squad. We went to the Magic Kingdom first (you can take official race Transportation to Epcot and then monorail to MK - make sure to be sharp on official transportation hours) and waited on Main Street. Then monorail back to Epcot and saw our BFF on the course twice near Spaceship Earth (needed a park ticket for this).

Texting with her helped a lot to know where she was. We were all very familiar with the course and WDW transportation, which helped a lot. For more info, check page 31 of the event guide.

What time did Epcot open on the morning of the half? My DH is in corral B, so I think he will finish well before the park would usually open for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter