2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

This is one of this times I wish you could make FP in different parks on the same day - the day I'm looking at for ROL is an Epcot day and I'm wasting a FP on Figment, just to use up my 3rd and try for a 4th. Would love to use that 3rd FP for ROL!
here how you do it. use your 2 fp you want to use in epcot than cancel/change

Hey there Princesses! I have an expo question for y'all.

I remember hearing that last year the expo was like something from the Hunger Games - can anyone who was there confirm (or even better - deny) that? The only time I can get to the expo with enough time to get everything and do some shopping is right when it opens on Thursday, but I'll be alone with a 10-month old and a 4-year old. The kids are troopers and won't mind hanging out, but I don't want them getting trampled. If it's really a nightmare, I'll go another time and just grab my bib as quick as I can without any shopping :sad:

Every account I've heard about "first thing-first day" crowds at the Expo has been Arena-style madness. We got to the Expo last year around 1:30 on Thursday and the raging hordes had moved on- getting the bibs was a breeze by that point- that part of the process was pretty empty. The Expo was busy but the die-hards had already pillaged and moved on. Lots of people shopping, but nothing horrid. Honestly if we didn't HAVE to be there on Thursday because we had a lil'one racing on Friday, we probably would have waited and not gone the first day at all. I heard talk last year about some sort of service they were gonna start offering where for a fee you get your bib sent to your hotel? Did that happen, anyone use it?

Mickey is at finish sometimes....they rotate so it could be Goofy or Donald. Just depends who's out when you finish.

Yup- I had Goofy at the finish,but my best friend was 15 minutes behind and she had Mickey. Of course, since, in a marvel of coordination I managed to accidentally toss my headphones over my head while waving at family and then had to turn around and run away from the line to go fetch them, I did get finish line photos with a character because Goofy came over to help me get them and point me in the right direction.

Last edited:
OK so upon reflection, I won't be taking the two kids to the expo in case I get punched in the face. Good to know!

I'll try to swing by quickly Thursday afternoon and grab what I need then instead.

OK so upon reflection, I won't be taking the two kids to the expo in case I get punched in the face. Good to know!

I'll try to swing by quickly Thursday afternoon and grab what I need then instead.
I had my DD6 at the expo last year when it opened. I told her to grab my leg and not let go. I got what I wanted and got out. I heard wine glasses breaking... I would have liked one and they were going to get more but not worth it... I bet the ornaments will be the new wine glass....

So glad I decided to keep my MK night after the 1/2 marathon. Wishes is being replaced with a new fireworks show in May. Wishes is my favorite and even though I have seen it 3929843783 times it still makes me teary eyed.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ectacular-to-replace-wishes-beginning-may-12/

JAW on floor. No more "Wishes"? My heart is breaking.
I'm sure the new show will be great (the Star Wars fireworks at Hollywood Studios give me the chills they are so cool) but...it's "Wishes"!

So glad I decided to keep my MK night after the 1/2 marathon. Wishes is being replaced with a new fireworks show in May. Wishes is my favorite and even though I have seen it 3929843783 times it still makes me teary eyed.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ectacular-to-replace-wishes-beginning-may-12/

:sad: I'll miss you Wishes! But I gotta admit, the new show looks pretty good. And if there's one thing I've never found the need to complain about when it comes to Disney, it's fireworks shows. :figment:

I just made a reservation for the ROL dining package at Tusker House for Sunday after the half. We are really looking forward to seeing the new show.

ETA: Fastpasses are available now too!
Thanks for the heads up! I was able to grab a FastPass for Sunday evening!

Finally decided I should figure out a place to stay for Princess. Ha! Luckily it seems that all of my neighbors growing up have moved down to Orlando and live within spitting distance of Disney! So now I've got flights, a car, and a place to stay. I feel like I'm forgetting something - oh right - gotta stop slacking off in the training! Oops. :joker:

I heard wine glasses breaking... .

Oh noooooo....its like losing "Big Joe" all over again (CougarTown reference). Not the wine glasses!
latest

Oh noooooo....its like losing "Big Joe" all over again (CougarTown reference). Not the wine glasses!
latest

:)

Hopefully, for the princess expo experience, it was the "every mile is magic" rundisney wine glasses and not the big adorable (paint chipped off with the first washing for some) Princess glasses.

Every account I've heard about "first thing-first day" crowds at the Expo has been Arena-style madness. We got to the Expo last year around 1:30 on Thursday and the raging hordes had moved on- getting the bibs was a breeze by that point- that part of the process was pretty empty. The Expo was busy but the die-hards had already pillaged and moved on. Lots of people shopping, but nothing horrid. Honestly if we didn't HAVE to be there on Thursday because we had a lil'one racing on Friday, we probably would have waited and not gone the first day at all. I heard talk last year about some sort of service they were gonna start offering where for a fee you get your bib sent to your hotel? Did that happen, anyone use it?

I've said this before, and I apologize if I've said it here... I did not have this experience. Maybe it's because I'm a Black Friday shopper and I know how to focus up and get through crowds, or maybe I was just in a happy sparkly princess bubble. I got there shortly after it opened on the first day. It was crowded and it was loud, but I saw none of the fighting or glass breaking.

If shoes are hurting my feet while sitting around, they are no good, right? Right.

I'm never going to find shoes...

I think you answered your own question. They shouldn't hurt your feet ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter