2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

FGM looks like mile 12.5ish
Mickey is at the finish. They don't really like people stopping at the finish but I sure as hell will is Prince Mickey is waiting for me!!

Oh that's so tough! I just know I won't stop when I'm so close to the finish line, but looove (prince?) Mickey.

Oh wow! I was googling for some princess themed visors for the 1/2 marathon and a link to Autism Speaks popped up. They hold fundraising events for most of the Disney races. This is something near and dear to my heart since my son has autism. Fundraising amounts aren't too bad either. I may go this route for next year's PHM.

Mickey is at finish sometimes....they rotate so it could be Goofy or Donald. Just depends who's out when you finish.
I have never seen any character at the finish line but I am slow and I am usually catatonic, hot, and in need of ice and the all-important snack box.
But first, the bling!

Oh wow! I was googling for some princess themed visors for the 1/2 marathon and a link to Autism Speaks popped up. They hold fundraising events for most of the Disney races. This is something near and dear to my heart since my son has autism. Fundraising amounts aren't too bad either. I may go this route for next year's PHM.

Every Princess race I've run has been with a charity - Girl Power 2 Cure. I love running races that way!

2 weeks from right now my plane should be taking off! Crossing fingers for no cancellations like I had a few years ago!

Help!!
I am planning on eating breakfast at the resort after the half and then heading to Epcot. I couldn't decide at the time, so I currently have the following reservations: 3:25p Via Napoli, 5:10p Coral Reef, and 6:30p San Angel Inn. Which one should I keep? My thought was I can either snack before a 5:10/6:30pm reservation or after a 3:25pm meal. Thoughts?

Only you can decide that. I don't make any reservations for race day, because I never know how I'm going to feel. I do quick service all day, so my schedule is open and then make ADRs for the next day.

Re: Early entry to the expo for race retreat participants. My mother has Platinum ChEAR squad with race retreat access. Will she also be allowed early entry to the expo?

Help!!
I am planning on eating breakfast at the resort after the half and then heading to Epcot. I couldn't decide at the time, so I currently have the following reservations: 3:25p Via Napoli, 5:10p Coral Reef, and 6:30p San Angel Inn. Which one should I keep? My thought was I can either snack before a 5:10/6:30pm reservation or after a 3:25pm meal. Thoughts?

Tough choice! I'd go Via Napoli or San Angel (though if you aren't a big drinker, then maybe the margaritas that are swaying me wouldn't be as big a draw?).

We've got a reservation at Flying Fish for post race, and are doing Via Napoli the night before the half.

so greetings from the wonderful weather wasteland that is New England. Yesterday we had 4 inches of snow.. then freezing rain......today its in the 60s....and tomorrow we're supposed to get 8-10 inches..... I'm gonna see if I can sneak in a 6 mile run tonight while its nice and warm.

@HockeyMomNH you getting any of this wonderful weather where you are?

We are in the 10-15 zone for tomorrow - so I got a run in today after that terrible black ice melted. I need to run on Friday and again over the weekend and I'm worried my streak of avoiding the treadmill might be broken :(

Oh yes, we got the weather yesterday and last night too. It's 47 here right now, feels like summer! We are not supposed to get as much here tomorrow as you are. 3-6 inches, I think. It's fine as long as we don't get any bad weather on 2/22 when we fly out. Then I can snow all it wants! haha!

Are you right in Boston? My DD17 just got accepted to Berklee School of Music, so it looks like I might be spending more time in the city

Congrats to your DD!! That's an amazing accomplishment! She'll love Boston (We are ~19 miles outside the city)!

I remember hearing that last year the expo was like something from the Hunger Games - can anyone who was there confirm (or even better - deny) that?

LOL. We got there at some point after the fights but before the police left the building. And people were reaching past the people in front of clothing racks to grab things (one lady grabbed what I was reaching for, from behind me, and ran off).

I'll be alone with a 10-month old and a 4-year old.

Just know that strollers aren't allowed inside the main expo building. Wear the baby and have a backpack harness for the 4 year old, is my advice.

I have never seen any character at the finish line but I am slow and I am usually catatonic, hot, and in need of ice and the all-important snack box.
But first, the bling!

I've never seen a character at the finish either.

I just got a call from Disney. My mom and I were scheduled for POR. The CM said "Because of an error in our inventory system, would you be willing to switch to AKL?"

Um, I'm not sure I could a handle such a terrible downgrade. :rotfl2:

So, it's not the CL that I think @courtneybeth got, but I never thought I'd get to stay in a Deluxe! Very excited! Of course now I have to reschedule everything, since Boma is right there tempting me with breakfast...:banana:

We were scheduled for POR and had the same thing happen this week except they offered Boardwalk or the Poly. Staying at the Poly has been a dream of mine since I was little, so I'm pretty much freaking out too!

I'm afraid I'm just going to end up joyful sobbing randomly all weekend between running the race I've wanted to do for years and staying at the Poly. My poor DH is going to be so confused. LOL!

Rawthreads has expo pickup but I think they have two day shipping. I was looking there a few days ago at stuff. Sparkle skirts is at the expo too.

I decided not to buy anything to dress up. I have an Athleta clearance obsession. I decided to spend money on a new dress to wear for a picture with all of my medals in front of the castle.

ETA: I do have a little tiara I will wear though.

+1 on the Athleta clearance obsession. I LOVE their dresses. They are so comfortable.

Re: Early entry to the expo for race retreat participants. My mother has Platinum ChEAR squad with race retreat access. Will she also be allowed early entry to the expo?

Nope. Only runners and you have to show ID in order to get in.

*Exclusive early access to the runDisney Health & Fitness expo is only offered to Race Retreat Guests; Guests who purchased Platinum ChEAR Squad will not have early access to the runDisney Health & Fitness expo. Exclusive early access is only offered from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. in Jostens Center (Official runDisney Merchandise and Exhibitors) and 9:00am – 9:30am in the HP Fieldhouse (Packet Pick Up) on February 23, 2017. Guests will need to bring a photo I.D. and check in at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Any Guest arriving after 9:30 a.m. will not be granted early access and will be directed to the general expo queue lines.

I just made a reservation for the ROL dining package at Tusker House for Sunday after the half. We are really looking forward to seeing the new show.

ETA: Fastpasses are available now too!

Thanks for the heads up! I just made a Fastpass for it. Was planning on Magic Kingdom after the 1/2, but I'd rather see ROL!!! Off to make a dining reservation at Tiffins!

I just made a reservation for the ROL dining package at Tusker House for Sunday after the half. We are really looking forward to seeing the new show.

ETA: Fastpasses are available now too!

Fun!! We might try to sneak this in sometime during our trip - unfortunately I don't think the dining package works for any of our days though. Maybe I'll look for a 4th fastpass one night...

Hmm. I'm trying to grab a RoL FP+ for our Animal Kingdom day and it just says "FP+ service unavailable." What does that mean? :scratchin

EDIT: Figured it out - no RoL on our Animal Kingdom day. I guess it runs every other night and not every night.

This is one of this times I wish you could make FP in different parks on the same day - the day I'm looking at for ROL is an Epcot day and I'm wasting a FP on Figment, just to use up my 3rd and try for a 4th. Would love to use that 3rd FP for ROL!

I just changed my plans all around LOL!!

Thursday - Tiffins & ROL FP+
Friday - Hollywood Studios or Epcot & Flying Fish for dinner
Saturday - Resort Day & Citricos for dinner
Sunday - MK & BOG for dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter