2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

So you think Chase paid for the glasses in the past?

I think Chase paid for other things in the festival which allowed there to be a budget for WDW to pay for the glasses. As WDW is footing more of the bill - their budget priorities may change.

I am curious to know how many hear use a disney gift card to pay with or does anyone here buy the food and wine card and find it easier to leave it on your wrist and pay that way.

I have done both but tend to prefer the wristlet F&W card so I don't have to go digging in my purse/wallet. But I always make sure to have some cash regardless in case of systems issues, which are rarer but still happened even last year.

I am curious to know how many hear use a disney gift card to pay with or does anyone here buy the food and wine card and find it easier to leave it on your wrist and pay that way.
I had $400+ in gift cards last year and bought the wrist one and transferred everything over to it. I will once again have $400+ in gift cards this year, but I'm splitting them up and only putting about $200 on the wrist. Locations outside of Epcot do not have barcode scanners and the wrist cards lack a magnetic strip. Had a ton of problems trying to pay with it outside of the festival.

I had $400+ in gift cards last year and bought the wrist one and transferred everything over to it. I will once again have $400+ in gift cards this year, but I'm splitting them up and only putting about $200 on the wrist. Locations outside of Epcot do not have barcode scanners and the wrist cards lack a magnetic strip. Had a ton of problems trying to pay with it outside of the festival.

I have also just hole punched a corner of my "standard" gift cards and added it to the loop thingy on the special wrist card bungee strap. It's a little bigger but it still didn't annoy me, and I didn't have to fool with transferring the balance on the fly. I also usually wear a pin lanyard and I will keep my ID and a credit card in the plastic pocket on my lanyard. I recycled the plastic pouch from a convention lanyard that holds more stuff but you can also get a zip style for extra security.

At F&G in the spring I used my Disney Visa rewards card (so pretty much a gift card) for all my snacks and drinks etc. I loved the option of something on my wrist but like PP didn't want to mess with a transfer.

I've used my gift card to purchase the wristband (effectively transferring one to the other) and had no problems. Much prefer the wristband key tag. Used my magicband for all other purchases.

Can I use the wristband to buy merchandise as well?

If you are talking about the gift card on the bungy thing, yes, it is just like any Disney gift card. I do like others have mentioned and transfer all of mine to the wrist one and just use it. I do carry some cash and a credit card as well since I try to use the gift card just for booths or smaller merchandise purchases. It just makes it easier for me to hold up my wrist instead of digging for a gift card. I don't charge anything to my MB, since I have to carry my AP card, and my ID, it's just as easy to carry a cc as well, I also tend to stay at Swan/Dolphin a lot and you can't charge to MB if you stay there.

Has anyone done a Cheese Tasting? And could you give feedback on how it was and whether it was worth the $ price tag?

Has anyone done a Cheese Tasting? And could you give feedback on how it was and whether it was worth the $ price tag?

I did one last year, it was English cheese and beer, which was a little odd at 9 in the morning but turned out to be fun. I thought it was worth the price, we got full pours of the beer, the cheese guy was a little long winded and you couldn't actually buy any of the cheeses we tasted because they were from small dairies in England that only sold there but I had a good time and would gladly do one again if I were going to be there on a Sat.
Cheese plate:
oNgRtcAILo2ARdLFYt432kmvtxx9pyzsCf1Huf2t0vm51kVSorVRJmOAuGgvWP1ycJEBfrvGKFpLWzSOiwx08WGSWsyKxCByUNNIkex_J_AD2gRIbvvL_0oVWp3fp8ISkdVIX-5U3EXT7T0nNefpEoLW8ehVzxv6hKytwc9orDhcFTxvX2udmPpBrA9jUqLDoKozLJ0dHHNg7D7cIVg-dMCDPoy4D191Z07Qtv5nMhBIv-rUJL9_KVRd6gxt6tV8Z4VcIfurnKoxQ1kn6MwS14n_nXXn0pwukxq1jlkV5oqUtu6NxtrsO7grw5_M23qBMDCV2MPz3YnKEOdh19wknhTUv7Zs1Hqx3jLFJJ_cludkR_CbepRDI4ji0126iZNsbO2BiPj9rNgu7UUKY1CSCb6U56yEtAvm-Cp5QXT5csNOFPKm8SpPjF-0pQXYyfCaiETqTpjgKp5zyzPlIZE5NjRloGDbBLwLYr3r-ZeCJtRsepD2I9tyGwotShg7ZmhrB0U4aWig5MK87kaE6lUkk_tiQlHhNFX4dnw3AbunwoYPugx8r5_fiAJDzMNXX5P7k85d8RbcwqOaltnKW19Od9AedX3TUlT9jofiru4RjRqCh_73gXLhyR-a=w1134-h638-no

Two of the 3 beer pours
4JpoVG7TawHfTOgK5ntBA3_B6YIf6cEjDpAQNy-qvVBxZETuuar920l0gRqjiPLT9HH7A4DL-8FWDROZLwP2olhNiWMkhmf7WLjmNtorcfZC4roTggRQYfxMAJMu18F7YKnC5RW57F5I0ChaAmqEiANYMXyHpIMb2XD_80fILFkNFFFuOYOXFAl8n40jVZZJckwpG21Iddt4uLyXGC56AnWh8K3o4z1AGatz9PaQJjPC9ik2EEmgibUK-QCCI1sPV8qcZocQpUbTHXwh6LpOZoDZvnGhE7BzGBO-mtWxVYdmk3DfLb3pRkjEt1NL5QCb1wvlAmKxOoFruh77SUl3etulZPapibCz6hhcLMgFoX4wlLyJoV5SzNeDi0W4i2BsRlqcPFhG_t-yhAF80hGQvAFDsq6zlf6mYC7VZG6aMY0DTIHnYPeWo2lb2pBNM3I1Swy6bVbdSWj8-ueNdn13HqOZt77PaFvBY-S_vMxVNITrLO3fCL_CxIHbD4y0Kb3fBqQuOrTGFEhhanqDGaU-FLAsRK5SCwIk5MPAjWvb25d3O2lC1MDVXU1aKoQJfm-_3a1aHm8VgM08zemwNy70NcE6ol7w-y6oN5I4Jo-gVR6tkwI3w3XEJwV2=w1134-h638-no

I did one last year, it was English cheese and beer, which was a little odd at 9 in the morning but turned out to be fun. I thought it was worth the price, we got full pours of the beer, the cheese guy was a little long winded and you couldn't actually buy any of the cheeses we tasted because they were from small dairies in England that only sold there but I had a good time and would gladly do one again if I were going to be there on a Sat.

Thank you - this was very helpful

Is there a way to buy any bottles of the wines that are served in the booths? Also, does Italy sell any bottles of wine that are served in its restaurants? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter