• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

I hate it when they take away your favorite item. I'm still mourning the loss of the griddled greek cheese

For me, it is the Grouper from Islands of the Caribbean that I will miss.

I started to panic when I saw that Craft Beers didn't have Piggy Wings. Fortunately, they just moved them to a new booth.

Does anyone have past experience or menu from prior yachtsman signature lunch. I have a dinner scheduled there and am thinking about replacing it with the lunch event.

For me, it is the Grouper from Islands of the Caribbean that I will miss.

I started to panic when I saw that Craft Beers didn't have Piggy Wings. Fortunately, they just moved them to a new booth.

LOL! I am relieved that they kept the piggy wings too! I just hope that they will be using the Odyssey site for Craft Beers or something this year. The setting was a nice air-conditioned place to sit and enjoy some brews.

I got nervous when I didn't see the Verlasso salmon in Patagonia, but it's at a booth called Active Eats this year. That salmon dish and the pork belly in Brazil (also back--yay!) were tied for being my favorite dish at the 2016 Festival. :)

LOL! I am relieved that they kept the piggy wings too! I just hope that they will be using the Odyssey site for Craft Beers or something this year. The setting was a nice air-conditioned place to sit and enjoy some brews.

I got nervous when I didn't see the Verlasso salmon in Patagonia, but it's at a booth called Active Eats this year. That salmon dish and the pork belly in Brazil (also back--yay!) were tied for being my favorite dish at the 2016 Festival. :)

Yes, I love that pork belly too!

I still miss the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee from France. I think that's been gone for several years now. I love creme brulee and I don't remember that they have any this year. Last year they had some creme brulee that was good, but not as good as the milk chocolate creme brulee.

I still miss the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee from France. I think that's been gone for several years now. I love creme brulee and I don't remember that they have any this year. Last year they had some creme brulee that was good, but not as good as the milk chocolate creme brulee.
Agreed, that was amazing!!!!
I also miss the Chilaquiles, I think in Spain, dh and I would usually get a few of those on each trip.

Chilaquiles was Mexico. Years ago they had a Russia booth. It had beef stroganoff. Been gone for awhile and I missed it. There is going to be some form of stroganoff this year though (finally).

Last year was caramel and chocolate. I didn't have it--I just looked it up.

This year, it says that it is with homemade raspberry jam. IDK if that means jam is underneath the custard or the shell. Or served on the side.

I am a creme brûlée purist. I like mine plain with a rich vanilla flavor. I love the one that Chefs de France serves. It's my favorite out of anywhere else I've it.

Mine tasted like Jello pudding. I didn't get the hype!

Chilaquiles was Mexico. Years ago they had a Russia booth. It had beef stroganoff. Been gone for awhile and I missed it. There is going to be some form of stroganoff this year though (finally).

I loved the Chilaqiules... :(

For those who have done Party for the Senses, how exactly do you get in? Do they send physical tickets? Or do they just check if you're on the party list lol

For those who have done Party for the Senses, how exactly do you get in? Do they send physical tickets? Or do they just check if you're on the party list lol

Once you're inside there are people with a printed list of names. You show your ID for verification and then they give you an armband

Once you're inside there are people with a printed list of names. You show your ID for verification and then they give you an armband
Ah got it, thanks! And did you have to specify the names of everyone in your reservation before the event, or did they just verify the number of people in your group?

I’m wondering because they didn’t ask for names, just the number of tickets.

The way it's worked in the past is there is a cast member outside the venue (it's been near where the Ireland booth is) with a list of names. The list is organized as Jones, party of 3, and the cast member checks of parties and issues wrist bands. Wine View Lounge guests were given something to identify them as WVL. I think we had pins one year that cast members checked for once inside the venue.

-So a review I read on PFTS mentioned receiving a plate and wine glass on entry, do you spend the night rinsing these out all time? The pictures looked like the food was plated before you pick it up so I'm a bit confused.
-Past attendees, what are your top tips for making the most of PFTS?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter