2017 Fall Planning

Checking in! Is there a minimum number of nights to get the free dining?
Someone posted on the FD thread this morning that they saw the number of nights might only be 3, but the rumor had been 4. We won't know anything for sure until the offer actually drops.

Joining in! We will be staying (barring a necessary change to get FD) at ASSp Sept 5-14. Will be me, my DH and DSis!

Hi all!

I understand this is a fall planning thread for all of you, but certainly feel free to also come join the October thread if you want! I received an alert mentioning my name in this thread and a post stating it was was hard to find. It's right on the first page, the one with October in the title! ;)

We will be at Disney 10/25-11/3! :) Sadly no free dining for us, but maybe a room discount! Happy planning! :)

I'm super excited. I've really wanted to stay at the Poly and we got a great deal so we are planning to be there September 23-29. This is also the most days we've ever spent in DW and the first time in the fall. I'm a little worried about the weather this time of year but we are planning a much more relaxed touring approach to accommodate the expected heat and humidity.

I am in. We are staying at *** 11/24-12/2 did a split stay so we would have an arrival date of 11/25. :mickeyjum

From what I saw the minimum nights is three, and changing the number of nights will either increase OR decrease your chance of getting free dining based on the hotel you are staying at. One poster said they could not get FD if they booked a five day at the Contemporary but COULD if they made the trip two days shorter (to three days). I could NOT get the room at AKL I wanted if I stayed five days, but got it if I made my trip a four night stay instead of a five day trip. It's all about the dates and the inventory at the hotel that is eligible (a lot of the deluxe resorts ONLY had Club level rooms available last I checked).

New dates of 12/12-18 with two ressies booked. Hoping to be able to modify our CBR w/ GCs to standard. Otherwise we'll be at Sports again.

So I was able to grab a FD in a regular River View room at POR! I'm so excited, because before I could only find Royal Rooms, which were too expensive. I'm still searching for a standard or even garden though. And I also have the POFQ RO booking with full price DDP.

So I told my sister to look at both resorts. The agreement is I am paying room and my stuff, she is paying her tickets and food. What she has not realized, and I don't want to tell her until she looks at both, is there is a significant price difference between the two options for her.
1) POR with upgrade to DDP - she has to pay upgrade of $21 for 9 nights ($189). I would probably ask her to pay tips for TS as well.
2) POFQ with room discount - she has to pay full DDP price ($567).

I keep going back and forth in my head as to which resort I prefer. When I first started booking last september, I liked POFQ, but didn't get it because it likely wouldn't be available for free dining. So I went with POR, and have had it in my head for the past 6 months that where we will be staying. Then last night, it seemed more likely we'd go with POFQ with the room discount. So I started psyching myself up for that. So now, which do I go with? HELP!

the info I got this morning say-
Ticket Requirements

• Minimum 2-day Magic Your Way ticket with Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus Option

so make sure you read the small print. remember everyone wants you to buy more so you spend more but if a 2day ticket works for your family. It looks like it is available.

So I got ASMu suite- only 600 more (with paying for the upgraded dining) then what my TA got me at Pop paying for full dining.. But the suite might be worth it. its Monday 27-dec 6th with Music suite or 28th-7th with pop.

Some got our free dining and plan on upgrading but how does one do that? Is there a specific time frame it needs to be done by before we sign up for ADRs?

Got FD at Pop, standard room this am right when it went live. We (my bff and me, NO KIDS, just two 50 year old women!) will be there 9/6-9/13. I went with my family twice, and we had major health issues, spent more time in the room and the hospital than at the parks. My friend went once with young kids, stayed offsite, so this is our big MEEEEEEEEE FIRST trip! She wants autographs and souvenirs, I want to FINALLY meet sorcerer Micky and go to the animation class (walking distance now to AoA!) MNSSHP will be our second day there, not getting a park ticket for that day. No BOG for dinner (planned to get soup and meet Beast) but I was able to book breakfast one day of our trip. Hope everyone has a wonderful time, look forward to planning with you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter