2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

We also planned to get FD at Pop for Nov. 24-Dec.2 but I only got November 24-29. I want to book November 29-Dec. 2 as rooms only but it says no available but if I try November 24-December 2, there are still rooms available. So what I did was i booked November 24-Dec. 2 as rooms only then called to just make it November 29-December 2..

You can do this too for your folks. Try booking from November 28-December 1 for room only then call to cancel November 28-30.
Thank you so much for this. I just checked this, and my TA is trying to get this done! Now, the next thing we need to do is keep checking for FD openings for them and for my family in AoA Cars suite so that our split stay is only 2 way and not 3 way.

I’m staying similar dates (11/25 - 12/4) and also had to change to All Star Sports from Pop. I still look most days for Pop, but I don’t think it is going to open up. It’s been showing as booked for those dates since before free dining even started.

See you at Sports! I hope we both have great stays.

I am holding on to POP 11/26-12/5 for as long as I can in case free dining opens up. I think the only way that will happen is whenever the Pop Warner have to make their final decisions. If that fails, I will cancel and go with the free dining at All Star Music.

II''l be coming home with 15 of them!!
I've given mine away to Good Will home furnishing drives. The items are sold at the local Value Village with profits to the sponsoring charity. No doubt some littles in my community have had a lot of joy from these mugs even as pencil cups for their desks. Always a way to pass on some WDW cheer.

I believe you have to show the card and use it at the restaurant to get the discount, so you'd have to carry it for those days, but you could double check on the site. Just an FYI, the dining discount is only good at certain restaurants, in case you weren't aware: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/. This way you know where you can use it before making ADRs for those days.

Thank you very much. Very helpful!

Off topic from FD, but just a reminder that you can also get the merchandise discount at certain stores - totally forgot about in Nov. when we were buying ornaments at the Christmas store in Disney Springs. Luckily, the cashier asked if we had any discounts, and initially I said no, thinking no AP or DVC, but then she mentioned the Visa. It was our departure day, so I was not charging back to the room anyway, which I would normally do. I always use it at the local Disney store, when I spend over $50, so don't know why I didn't think about it. It was a pleasant surprise for my wallet!

What are the chances of getting free dining at this point? I've never done free dining before so I really don't know how it works. We're already booked at FW from 11/25-11/30 and my TA tried all day for free dining to no avail. :( I'm sooo bummed.

What are the chances of getting free dining at this point? I've never done free dining before so I really don't know how it works. We're already booked at FW from 11/25-11/30 and my TA tried all day for free dining to no avail. :( I'm sooo bummed.
. Many of us found the late November dates much more challenging to get even when FD dropped. If your dates are flexible you have a higher chance of getting FD I believe.

As anticipated, this offer went quickly!!

I just tried because we had to get a Disney Visa to get the dates we needed. The cast member was not super helpful but it appeared that unless we want to pay several thousand dollars more, there is noting available. I'm bummed with you! We have always been able to get free dining, this stinks! DH is already grumbling! Good Luck!

I just tried because we had to get a Disney Visa to get the dates we needed. The cast member was not super helpful but it appeared that unless we want to pay several thousand dollars more, there is noting available. I'm bummed with you! We have always been able to get free dining, this stinks! DH is already grumbling! Good Luck!

Maybe we'll meet you over on the DVC purchasing forum! :laughing:

Sorry it didn't work out but do keep checking. Whenever things are in super high demand, a lot of people grab them "just in case" and will cancel later. The hunt is fun, too. :) Good luck!

Saw some rooms available at AS Music this morning for your dates.

Saw some rooms available at AS Music this morning for your dates.

Thanks! We have a family of 6 so I don't think there are any rooms available for big families at AS Music (but maybe I'm wrong), but I could check into the cost of 2 rooms.

Thanks! We have a family of 6 so I don't think there are any rooms available for big families at AS Music (but maybe I'm wrong), but I could check into the cost of 2 rooms.
I booked a trip for my cousin and his family last week. They are a family of 6. It was less expensive to 2 get 2 value rooms rather than 1 value suite. I had to book 2 separate reservations.

Just swapped over from Sports to Music and managed to get free dining for our whole trip now instead of the split stay we were going to have to do.

It definitely pays to keep checking!
So glad that worked out for you! I much prefer not having to do a split stay either as it makes it so much easier for Dining credits, FPs and well as you don't have to concern yourself with the possibility of changing rooms.

Congrats!

Saw a family suite that sleeps 6 available this morning. Should work for your family?

Saw a family suite that sleeps 6 available this morning. Should work for your family?

It would! What website are people looking at to see room availabilities? I've been going through my travel agent but I feel like I'm annoying her lol. She checked yesterday to see if anything was open at AS Music and nothing was there so I feel like a pain asking her to check again.

It would! What website are people looking at to see room availabilities? I've been going through my travel agent but I feel like I'm annoying her lol. She checked yesterday to see if anything was open at AS Music and nothing was there so I feel like a pain asking her to check again.

You would have to go through Disney's site to see it, but if your TA made your reservation, YOU can't change it. You could make a new reservation, ask her to cancel the old one, and transfer the new one to them.

Has anyone found a fix for the change reservation button?? I am trying to upgrade our QS to DxDP and it keeps looping back to
my reservations page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter