2018 Princess Half Marathon

Can someone help me out with the Expo? I was planning on arriving on 2/23 (Friday) and I am running the 10k and 1/2. I need to pick up my race packet from the expo correct? I believe the expo closes at 7pm on Friday. The flight I wanted to take gets in at 5pm, so I am not hopeful that I can get to the expo by 7pm. Is my only option to take an earlier flight or is there some way to pick it up that I dont know about?

Every year they have same day pickup for emergencies.

And every year ahead of time they say they've had it but don't guarantee it and to get your packet at the expo.

Just take an earlier flight. It's not worth the worry.

And you have to go to the expo anyway to get your shirts, so you might as well go ahead of time.

I got up early this morning to make my dining reservations. I got them done super easily. Of course then I realized that in my tired state I made reservations for tonight! Oopsies! So I had to call to get those canceled and as always spoke to the most helpful lady. Gotta love Disney customer service. After that was all cleared up, I finally got reservations for ohana and beaches and cream for Sunday after the half. Can't wait!

My travel/running buddy woke up yesterday to get our ADRs!

We've got Crystal Palace breakfast, Royal Table breakfast, BoG dinner, Rose & Crown Pub dinner & Trattoria breakfast! Anything else will be bonus. Our most important were CRT, Crystal Palace, and Rose & Crown. The rest are bonus! We might also do a Beaches & Cream one day. Still deciding. :)

I just looked at my ADRs and realized it's very Boardwalk-heavy the days around the race! We are there for a week before the race and will be branching out more then ;)

Right now I have Bon Voyage breakfast after the 10K, Flying Fish dinner Saturday night and Cape May breakfast after the half although I'm not sold on that one. DD loved that meal last year but DH doesn't like character meals so maybe we'll just skip breakfast and go for margaritas in Epcot instead :) We have dinner at Via Napoli that night.

I'm having a hard time deciding where to eat Friday night before the 10K. 4 of us will be running it, including my 10 & 12 year old DDs so I want to make sure we can get to bed early so I was thinking Trattoria al Forno (we are staying at Boardwalk) since everyone likes Italian but I'm not overly excited looking at their menu so I don't know. Decisions, decisions.

We are doing Bon voyage brfst after 10k also

And every year ahead of time they say they've had it but don't guarantee it and to get your packet at the expo.

And you have to go to the expo anyway to get your shirts, so you might as well go ahead of time.

Agreed. You can never have a guarantee of that. Can you imagine the mess if they let everyone pick up packets the morning of? Plus, that's not a stress I want, even if they did do it. I need to be as prepared as possible on race day.

We are doing Bon voyage brfst after 10k also

Nice! I wonder if we will be there at the same time? Our reservation is at 10:00. Hoping that is enough time to go back to the room and take a quick nap after the race! I generally try to power through but my kids will be a wreck if I don't let them nap at some point I'm sure.

Can someone help me out with the Expo? I was planning on arriving on 2/23 (Friday) and I am running the 10k and 1/2. I need to pick up my race packet from the expo correct? I believe the expo closes at 7pm on Friday. The flight I wanted to take gets in at 5pm, so I am not hopeful that I can get to the expo by 7pm. Is my only option to take an earlier flight or is there some way to pick it up that I dont know about?
I actually missed the timeframe for packet pick up this year and called to find out my options..... They had the runner information booth right after you go through security and before you go to the corral to get your bib. They actually shipped the shirts to me BUT being you could go Saturday, you can always stop in after the race when they open to get your shirts. Similar to packet pick up, just take your waiver and id with you :)
That said, try to plan to be there a little earlier just in case there are many in the same boat as you. I had about a 10 min wait and got there late due to construction... I got to the start line after my corral started so I just hopped into a corral.

I actually missed the timeframe for packet pick up this year and called to find out my options.....

You are extremely lucky that you got any sort of straight answer. Especially by calling, since the phone reps answering rd phones aren't actually rundisney.

hey actually shipped the shirts to me

Extremely lucky. Only person I've ever heard of that got them shipped. A few people were told they would be sent their shirts but they weren't.

It's 100% against their written info to have them sent, and I hope no one ever expects that to happen.

Extremely lucky. Only person I've ever heard of that got them shipped. A few people were told they would be sent their shirts but they weren't.

It's 100% against their written info to have them sent, and I hope no one ever expects that to happen.[/QUOTE]

My flight was delayed due to weather in 2015 and I missed the expo. I received a shirt in the mail afterwards but it was a men's shirt small versus the women's medium. I was surprised to receive anything at all.
I flew in a day earlier in 2016 lol

It's 100% against their written info to have them sent, and I hope no one ever expects that to happen.

My flight was delayed due to weather in 2015 and I missed the expo. I received a shirt in the mail afterwards but it was a men's shirt small versus the women's medium. I was surprised to receive anything at all.
I flew in a day earlier in 2016 lol[/QUOTE]
I was less concerned about the shirts than I was about getting my bib! I do agree, my shirt sizes were all correct BUT my 7 year old ended up with an adult small. That said, I go back to, I was able to race and that was the main thing :)
As for calling..... The guy I got was hands down amazing. I know things seemingly have changed since February with communication but during that call, I was on hold less than 5 minutes and ended up with an informative person! :) I am sure with the lack on communication regarding LS and Tink, the recent calls they are receiving from valid frustrated runners has burned out some of these people.... and them being the middle man in the situation, I do not envy their job during this time!

This is the first time I've made ADRs without having a reservation booked already, so having to do this day-for-day instead of 180+10 is making me so nervous! (We utilized the military Armed Forces Salute room discount for our stay, and the 2018 AFS discount won't be released till this Fall). So far, I've gotten all of the ADRs I want, but they're for pretty easy restaurants, so I would have been surprised if they had already been all booked up - with the exception of Cali Grill brunch. These are the ADRs I already have booked:

-Feb. 22nd @ 7pm: Kona Cafe (arrival dinner)
-Feb. 23rd @ 12:50pm: Lunch at Sanaa
-Feb. 24th @ 11:25am: Lunch at Sci-Fi
-Feb. 25th @ 12:30 pm: Brunch at Cali Grill
-Feb. 25th @ 7:15pm: Dinner at Raglan Road

Still need to book:
-Feb. 26th dinner at San Angell Inn
-Feb. 27th dinner at Biergarten
-Feb. 28th dinner at 1900 Park Fare
-March 1st dinner at BOG (this one will be the most challenging to book since that's also our FP+ day for W&D weekend lol)

These are the ADRs I already have booked:

-Feb. 22nd @ 7pm: Kona Cafe (arrival dinner)
-Feb. 23rd @ 12:50pm: Lunch at Sanaa
-Feb. 24th @ 11:25am: Lunch at Sci-Fi
-Feb. 25th @ 12:30 pm: Brunch at Cali Grill
-Feb. 25th @ 7:15pm: Dinner at Raglan Road

We're doing Brunch at Cali Grill too! I booked us in at 11:30... hopefully that's enough time to go back to our room and freshen up before brunch. Princess weekend is my birthday weekend and we're splurging on a 2 nights at the Contemporary, so at least there won't be too much travel time getting to our ressie.

So far we've booked Skipper Canteen for dinner on our arrival day, late lunch at Via Napoli on the 24th, Cali Grill Brunch on the 25th, Homecomin' on the 26th, Sci-Fi on the 27th, Tusker House breakfast (right before the lunch changeover) on the 28th, and BOG lunch on March 3. We don't do the dining plan, so I feel like this is going to be way too much TS for us, but I wanted to at least have the reservations so we have options.

We don't do the dining plan, so I feel like this is going to be way too much TS for us, but I wanted to at least have the reservations so we have options.

FWIW we never have the dining plan, but we do one TS per day and it works out well.

Thank you! I wouldn't want to pick it up right before the race anyway...I don't know where I'd put it. What is in the packet? I never need my arm twisted to go to Disney a day early 8o) Just need to adjust my hotel reservation!

Thank you! I wouldn't want to pick it up right before the race anyway...I don't know where I'd put it. What is in the packet? I never need my arm twisted to go to Disney a day early 8o) Just need to adjust my hotel reservation!

Your bib(s).

Then you take that to another area and get your shirt(s).

And any other preorder items you might have gotten.

Ugghh I've woken up every morning at 5:55, logged on to disney to book BOG dinner, 180 days out from each day, I Litterally watch the number turn clickable. And I have 0 luck, but everyone on here seems to be having such an easy time with their ADRs. Is it me? Or is anyone else having this struggle. I'm a week deep and no BOG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter