2018 Princess Half Marathon

Do you think it is okay to wear your race shirts to a sig restaurant? It will match the medal around my neck.... (hopefully)
YES! Totally OK!!! I probably wouldn't go in my full race gear stinky straight after a race, but I think it's completely fine to wear the shirt itself with nice shorts, pants, or skirt.

It won't. It'll screw with you mentally but if you've done all of the work up to this point, missing a run or two won't undo everything you have done over the past few weeks/months to get ready. :)

Thank you! Just want I needed to hear. :)

Missing a run or two this week won’t derail you at this point!

It’s hot here in central FL. The weatherman on the radio said it’s the warmest February on record! I ran at 6:30am this morning and the humidity was killing me. At least these high temps mean awesome weather for hanging out at the Beach Club pool!

Missing a run or two this week won’t derail you at this point!

It’s hot here in central FL. The weatherman on the radio said it’s the warmest February on record! I ran at 6:30am this morning and the humidity was killing me. At least these high temps mean awesome weather for hanging out at the Beach Club pool!

Yes, there is always an up-side! I packed a bathing suit too! A nice cool soak after the race will feel amazing. :)

Somebody tell me that if I don't get two runs in this week it won't ruin my entire training plan......
At this point, it won't ruin anything if you absolutely must skip them. You should have hit your peak fitness level about 3 weeks ago, and between that time and this weekend you are just trying to maintain that level. Some rest may even be good.

Last training run is in the books. 3 miles today in the sweltering hot (64, lol). I'm having some serious doubts about my ability to finish the challenge, but I'm determined. I'm not injured and not in pain, so it's really mind over matter for me at this point. I've taken my running intervals down to 3 minutes from 6 and have no other goal than to finish and get my bling! Hopefully that will take the pressure off and I can just enjoy. 24 hours til I'm on the plane!!!!

Guys, it's projected to be 90% humidity while we're on the course Sunday. It won't matter the temperature because that much humidity will make everything feel terrible. Make sure you hydrate properly!!!

Guys, it's projected to be 90% humidity while we're on the course Sunday. It won't matter the temperature because that much humidity will make everything feel terrible. Make sure you hydrate properly!!!

Sounds like the 5th Anniversary year, 2013, 99% humidity and 70 to start in the morning. I had run the full that year. When I got to the MK during the half, I told my husband, he was spectating, that I felt I had already run a half and the second half of the race was going to be much slower.

Sounds like the 5th Anniversary year, 2013, 99% humidity and 70 to start in the morning. I had run the full that year. When I got to the MK during the half, I told my husband, he was spectating, that I felt I had already run a half and the second half of the race was going to be much slower.
In 2014 it was nearly 70 at the start and 100% humidity. It was so thick it felt like running thru a mist. I had to quote you because of your comment about your hubby. I saw mine around the Polynesian and I was SO happy. I got to him and wiped my face all over his shirt bc mine was drenched already. It was yuck. It did eventually burn off a little. AND I did finish. You guys can do this! Just slow your pace. And make sure to replace electrolytes in addition to water or Powerade.

This Floridian is looooooooving the forecast! :duck:We've had the same kind of weather for a few weeks now and it's been amazing: able to run in a tank and skirt, no layering, no shivering, but nothing like summer, either... bliss!

For those coming from colder climes, remember that the previous night's low is race day's start temp. The highs come in late afternoon.

I live in FL too. I generally don't mind the heat, but combined with humidity in the 90's it can be downright disgusting to run in. It's going to be a shock to a lot of people that are not used to this type of weather. I'm bringing a hand towel or washcloth for the half because I won't be able stand the amount of sweat and moisture that will be running down my face.

I live in FL too. I generally don't mind the heat, but combined with humidity in the 90's it can be downright disgusting to run in. It's going to be a shock to a lot of people that are not used to this type of weather. I'm bringing a hand towel or washcloth for the half because I won't be able stand the amount of sweat and moisture that will be running down my face.
My thoughts exactly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter