2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

Disney has been moving the start date earlier over the last several years. I believe it was the 2018 Festival when the start date was moved to late August.

In the early years of the Festival, the event was only held on weekends in October. Then it expanded to the entire month of October, then dates in November were added, and now most of September is included.

In the inaugural year of the Festival (1996), the price of most menu items was $1 to $3 and the cost of Epcot admission was $42. Julia Child was one of guest presenters. There have been just a few changes since inaugural festival! :eek:
@crazy4wdw F&W is supposed to open in 11 days....and not one mention of a booth or menu? Any rumors as to when....or do you think heads are still spinning and they don't know which way is up?

@crazy4wdw F&W is supposed to open in 11 days....and not one mention of a booth or menu? Any rumors as to when....or do you think heads are still spinning and they don't know which way is up?

They have named 3 of the 20 booths, but that's it as far as I've seen. The 3 confirmed to return are Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean. Listed further below are the menus from last year. Hawaii and Hops & Barley don't seem to change too much from year to year - the pork slider and lobster roll have been on the menu for as long as I can remember - so I'd guess they'll continue this year.

Doing a little sleuthing from the announcement on the Parks Blog. The description for the second photo is as follows and would likely be from Mexico, I'd guess. But who knows, they may just have used the photo without intention to offer it - you have to "dig" to find the description. Unfortunately there isn't a description of the dish in the first photo.

"Pork Tostada: Fried Corn Tortilla topped with Chipotle Black Beans, Roasted Pork, Fresh Salsa Verde, Onions, and Cilantro"

Otherwise, I think we may just have to wait and get reports from people on the 15th. Putting on the festival is a big task every year but couple it with restarting all park operations after 4 months off and it must be crazy. Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting news although I have to say I'm currently "on the fence" about visiting personally - at least in the near-term.

Hawaii - 2019
Traverse the Pacific for tropical flavors and island faves—sweet or savory, these mouthwatering morsels scream aloha!
Food:
  • Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet-and-Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and spicy Mayonnaise (KA)
  • Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream inspired by AULANI Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina Hawai’i
  • Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and spicy Mayonnaise
  • Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (KA) (GF) (V)
Beverages:
  • Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
  • Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
  • AULANI Sunrise: Vodka, DOLE® Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine
Hops & Barley - 2019
Stay stateside for all-American craft beer, wines and the hottest tastes from coast-to-coast!
Food:
  • New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
  • New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
  • Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA
  • 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
  • Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD
  • Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
  • Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
  • Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Beer Flight also available
Islands of the Caribbean - 2019
Journey to the islands of the Caribbean, where the fusion of food and cultures create a melody in your mouth!
Food:
  • Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)
  • Jerk-spiced Chicken with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt (GF)
  • Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Red Stripe Lager
  • Caribbean White Sangria
  • Frozen Mojito

They have named 3 of the 20 booths, but that's it as far as I've seen. The 3 confirmed to return are Hawaii, Hops & Barley, and Islands of the Caribbean. Listed further below are the menus from last year. Hawaii and Hops & Barley don't seem to change too much from year to year - the pork slider and lobster roll have been on the menu for as long as I can remember - so I'd guess they'll continue this year.

Doing a little sleuthing from the announcement on the Parks Blog. The description for the second photo is as follows and would likely be from Mexico, I'd guess. But who knows, they may just have used the photo without intention to offer it - you have to "dig" to find the description. Unfortunately there isn't a description of the dish in the first photo.

"Pork Tostada: Fried Corn Tortilla topped with Chipotle Black Beans, Roasted Pork, Fresh Salsa Verde, Onions, and Cilantro"

Otherwise, I think we may just have to wait and get reports from people on the 15th. Putting on the festival is a big task every year but couple it with restarting all park operations after 4 months off and it must be crazy. Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting news although I have to say I'm currently "on the fence" about visiting personally - at least in the near-term.

Hawaii - 2019
Traverse the Pacific for tropical flavors and island faves—sweet or savory, these mouthwatering morsels scream aloha!
Food:
  • Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet-and-Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and spicy Mayonnaise (KA)
  • Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad, Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream inspired by AULANI Disney Vacation Club® Villas, Ko Olina Hawai’i
  • Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and spicy Mayonnaise
  • Passion Fruit Cheesecake with Toasted Macadamia Nuts (KA) (GF) (V)
Beverages:
  • Maui Brewing Company Bikini Blonde Lager
  • Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
  • AULANI Sunrise: Vodka, DOLE® Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine
Hops & Barley - 2019
Stay stateside for all-American craft beer, wines and the hottest tastes from coast-to-coast!
Food:
  • New England Lobster Roll: Warm Lobster with Fresh Herb Mayonnaise and Griddled Roll
  • New Brunswick Slider: Slow-braised Beef Brisket “Pot Roast Style” with Horseradish Cream and Crispy Fried Onions on a Potato Roll with Pickled Vegetables on the side
  • Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • North Coast Bewing Co. Blue Star Wheat, Fort Bragg, CA
  • 3 Daughters Brewing A Wake Coffee Blonde Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
  • Heavy Seas AmeriCannon APA, Baltimore, MD
  • Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
  • Mer Soleil Reserve Chardonnay, Santa Lucia Highlands
  • Broadside Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles
  • Beer Flight also available
Islands of the Caribbean - 2019
Journey to the islands of the Caribbean, where the fusion of food and cultures create a melody in your mouth!
Food:
  • Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli (KA)
  • Jerk-spiced Chicken with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt (GF)
  • Quesito: Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce (V) (KA)
Beverages:
  • Red Stripe Lager
  • Caribbean White Sangria
  • Frozen Mojito
@2excited2sleep Hey....I still owe ya for that Passport!!!LOL When's your next trip???

Hey....I still owe ya for that Passport!!!LOL When's your next trip???

I was happy to send it. You don't owe me anything. :) My next on-property stay isn't until October but I might try some day trips before then. I'm going to wait and see how things go. I'm certainly anxious to go back and soak up some of the magic (and F&W is my favorite!) but need a little more info in terms of how the crowd levels will be, how strictly they'll enforce mask-wearing etc. before I'm personally comfortable going back. And speaking of comfort, it is also hot and humid as heck here right now so that's factoring into my plans as well. :scared:

I was happy to send it. You don't owe me anything. :) My next on-property stay isn't until October but I might try some day trips before then. I'm going to wait and see how things go. I'm certainly anxious to go back and soak up some of the magic (and F&W is my favorite!) but need a little more info in terms of how the crowd levels will be, how strictly they'll enforce mask-wearing etc. before I'm personally comfortable going back. And speaking of comfort, it is also hot and humid as heck here right now so that's factoring into my plans as well. :scared:
We're headed back (fingers crossed) 9/8-9/14 My son was supposed to do the DCP from May to Jan.....and that meant multiple trips for me;( Yeah....this mask thing in 90+ heat will be a issue!!!!! I hope they have something unique for F&W!!!!

I've been trying to look closely at the drone shots by bioreconstruct (Twitter) to see what booths are up.. it looks like there are all of the ones from flower and Garden, plus one in the India location on the bridge between China and the Outpost.

Flavors from Fire NEEDS TO BE THERE!! I want my steakhouse blended burger....🤩

I've been trying to look closely at the drone shots by bioreconstruct (Twitter) to see what booths are up.. it looks like there are all of the ones from flower and Garden, plus one in the India location on the bridge between China and the Outpost.

Flavors from Fire NEEDS TO BE THERE!! I want my steakhouse blended burger....🤩
That was my favorite last fall. It was listed as coming back this fall. I think it was an ESPN set up... so here's hoping!!

Well, I guess it’s time to prepare myself for the amount of money I’m going to spend in Epcot. 😂

Sooo many fewer desserts this year 🥺

Not just desserts. Most of the booths have only two dishes listed. Many of these in the past had three.

Glad to see a return of the fisherman's pie.

But the menus in the paired down state help add to the feeling that cancelling my trip was the correct choice given issues other than just the reduced festival and COVID.

Menus aren't doing much for me.

No special events.

Sorry Disney this is just an attempt to "sell stuff" IMHO the "festival" part is missing.

Plus of course I have to buy a ticket and then hope I can get a reservation for Epcot and once there I am surrounded by people who won't be wearing a mask as they walk around eating and drinking... Yeah right now after not missing a year in decades it's time to skip Food and Wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter