2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

Kind of crazy how Marco and Laura have basically switched landfall positions at this moment

Waiting for the 11am est tracking update for Marco, but now NHC has Laura making landfall at Texas/LA border

Update: Looks like Marco's track is almost the same or maybe a tick west than it was before.

Last edited:
The biggest news is that Laura has good potential to be Cat 2 at landfall. Maybe strong Cat 2.

They are talking a lot about 5" of rain in New Orleans and surrounding areas, but we could see some real strain by a second storm adding just 2 days later. Laura is bigger so it will also drop a lot of rain in New Orleans and vicinity if it stays on track to the TX/LA border.

It's a weak, small storm so it steers around high pressure ridges. It was blocked and forced into that curve just as it makes landfall.

There saying Laura could become a very large dangerous major hurricane once it gets into open gulf waters. Predicting Laura to be Cat 3 by landfall but possibly stronger. Not good at all especially coming in rite behind Marco.

Marco did nothing. It caused more rain in the FL panhandle than Louisiana.

Ya was about to say, my friends and parents were saying how much rain they got in the FL Panhandle, and looked like Louisiana wasn't getting much.

Doesn't mean they won't get flooding and damage, but it seems it won't be because of Marco

Ya was about to say, my friends and parents were saying how much rain they got in the FL Panhandle, and looked like Louisiana wasn't getting much.

Doesn't mean they won't get flooding and damage, but it seems it won't be because of Marco

Yep, Laura is going to be nasty. My in-laws are evacuating. They live in Lake Charles, LA.

Laura is now forecast to make landfall at a Cat 4, and the storm surge is predicted to swamp I-10 on the Southwest side of the state. This will seriously complicate evacuation to the east, which is the norm for many -- people tend to bug out toward Florida in this kind of scenario.

COVID is really complicating this storm, and it will cost the state a forturne. I'm listening to the Governor now, and the state is buying up every inland hotel/motel room available, because using the normal "congregate" shelters will be the absolute last resort due to the potential for contagion.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_2f57f86e-e79d-11ea-a851-5388d9634445.html

Last edited:
Laura is now forecast to make landfall at a Cat 4, and the storm surge is predicted to swamp I-10 on the Southwest side of the state. This will seriously complicate evacuation to the east, which is the norm for many -- people tend to bug out toward Florida in this kind of scenario.

COVID is really complicating this storm, and it will cost the state a forturne. I'm listening to the Governor now, and the state is buying up every inland hotel/motel room available, because using the normal "congregate" shelters will be the absolute last resort due to the potential for contagion.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_2f57f86e-e79d-11ea-a851-5388d9634445.html
Prayers for anyone who’s staying in Lake Charles and the surrounding area. This is going to be very, very bad.

Ppl need to come East now before it’s too late. This is a nasty storm.

Hoping with all hope they are overboard on these predictions. We had a solid hour of tornado warnings here this afternoon. It’s draining. Gonna be a long night.

Be safe. This looks bad but a lot of times things change with storms at the last minute. Hopefully this is one of those times.

Hoping with all hope they are overboard on these predictions. We had a solid hour of tornado warnings here this afternoon. It’s draining. Gonna be a long night.
I agree - I hope it’s not as bad as they’re predicting. But I also hope everyone took heed of the warnings - absolutely must prepare for the worst and hope for the best when it comes to hurricanes.

Stay safe! That goes for all you wonderful LA and East Texas folks. My thoughts are with all of you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter