3 little boys, 2 new parks to explore & 1 first time onsite & ddp!

Sorry! I missed your reply!

We loved US/IOA. The younger ones loved Seuss area and the Woody Woodpecker rollercoaster. The only thing is that there aren't a ton of bigger rides for kids who are too old for the baby stuff but not tall enough for the big roller coasters, but DD7 did just fine (she rode Mummy, Men in Black, Spiderman etc) DS4 loved seeing Spiderman and the smaller rides, but hated Spiderman ride (it's intense) However he LOVED the Jimmy Neutron and Shrek stuff. It was fun because we saw different characters than usual, and since we had already been to Disney once before, it was a nice change. The older boys loves all the thrill rides.

We wouldn't do Cocoa Beach again, just because we didn't like taking that time away from the parks. We always stay where there is a pool, so we can swim there. It was just a long trip for a little ocean, but now my kids can say they've actually seen the ocean!

I keep saying I"m going to get a tattoo, but I'm too chicken :rolleyes1 (never mind i've given birth 4 times!)

Thanks for all of the info about IOA/US. I am not sure if we will be able to add that on to this trip but we will definately get there next time.

We have to do the beach. For us it gives us some relaxing time and we love the beach. We usually do Daytona but have heard the ones on the gulf side have more white sand beaches and pretty water so even though it is a longer drive I am excited to see it. Did you notice if Cocoa beach was more white sand and such?

Yeah, giving birth is pretty mandatory though if you want children. Tattoos hurt but obviously not enough to keep me from getting them,lol.

Oooh, I love the Disney Nights idea!! I bet the boys get very excited when they get one of those on the coutndown.

Our Mickey Mail came right around 30 days - so you should be getting it VERY soon. It's such a thrill to see and to know your trip is so close.

Love the tattoo! I like tattoos-I have one as well, but NEVER AGAIN it was so painful I was in tears. I have friends though that have several and don't think they are painful at all. And I'm with ya-they will always be our babies! :lovestruc

From what I know you DO have to pay for parking at the parks. But, I think you can leave and come back to that same park (if you take a break), and not have to pay twice. I bet there are discounts out there for various programs too.

The boys are loving the disney nights. Tomorrow night I have playing a disney trivia game on the PS2 with them so I am excited for that.

So glad to hear you got your Mickey mail about 30 days out. I will keep my fingers crossed that I get it next week. I told my husband how excited I was that we get mickey mail this time and he just rolled his eyes,lol.

It would be nice if you don't have to pay to park if you are staying at a resort but I am assuming you do and bedgeting for it in case because I keep getting mixed reviews.

Thanks for the comment on my tattoo. Yes they do hurt quite a bit but I guess not enough to make me not get them,lol. I do believe I am done though. 2 is enough for me.

I did some research and checked the Mom's Panel on Disneyworld.com and it said that parking at theme parks for resort guests is free. We've used a car before and you put a parking pass in the front window of your car.

I did some research and checked the Mom's Panel on Disneyworld.com and it said that parking at theme parks for resort guests is free. We've used a car before and you put a parking pass in the front window of your car.

THanks a bunch Jordan! It will be really nice to take any amount possible off the budget with our current situation. That's one less thing to worry about. :thumbsup2 I need to make my way over to your report. I'm sure I am WAY behind.:eek:

trip is getting soo much closer!

great tattoo though!!!

are you getting psyched??:banana:

I made it over here too. I still have to catch up on your report but am loving it so far. Your boys are so cute. You must have rowdy house with all those boys:)

Just popping over to check on my pre-trippie buddies and seeing what thiings you guys are doing that I'm forgetting to do :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about the job, but I can tell you (if it helps?!?) that everytime that has happened to myself or DH, a better something ended up being around the corner. Here's to hoping there is something better sneaking up on you guys right now!!!:lovestruc

It's getting so close now that I can't even stand it!!!! Are you jumping up and down with me yet?? :banana:

trip is getting soo much closer!

great tattoo though!!!

are you getting psyched??:banana:

I am very excited but very nervous also. Hoping it all works out...then I could be a lot more excited.

I made it over here too. I still have to catch up on your report but am loving it so far. Your boys are so cute. You must have rowdy house with all those boys:)

:welcome:THanks for coming over. Thank you for the compliment and yes, a very rowdy house,lol. Their dad is the most rowdy and gets them all wound up...men:lmao:

Just popping over to check on my pre-trippie buddies and seeing what thiings you guys are doing that I'm forgetting to do :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about the job, but I can tell you (if it helps?!?) that everytime that has happened to myself or DH, a better something ended up being around the corner. Here's to hoping there is something better sneaking up on you guys right now!!!:lovestruc

It's getting so close now that I can't even stand it!!!! Are you jumping up and down with me yet?? :banana:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I am hoping something is sneaking up on us right now. Then I could really jump up and down with ya. I feel like this job thing is really putting a lid on my excitedness(is that a word?lol) and I HATE that. I hope I will be set free soon.

Hey Tracy!
Did you get your Mickey Mail yet?! I hope!! It's getting SO CLOSE!!!!!!:cool1:

Hey! Yes I did get my Mickey mail!! I am working on an update now. I have those pics and several others to add because I couldn't find my camera cord for awhile so I couldn't get the pictures off of it.

Hey there! I love the pics of your family... I am super jealous of the Pirate rooms at CBR...I want to stay there! I will catch up on your PTR later..

hopefully we can meet up on the 6th!

Ok, so I am really far behind again on my PTR. This time I blame the fact that I lost my camera cord (so I couldn't load any pics onto my computer) for a good week or so. Needless to say since I am so crazy about taking pics I had a lot of pics to get off my camera. I guess I will just kind of throw all the pics from the last two weeks or so on here and try to explain somewhat and put them in order.

First off, Jerry got laid off while we were still visiting him in Tuscola so he was with us the last two days. On our way home we had to go through Springfield, Il and it just so happened that our state fair was going on there that weekend. We had never been to the state fair so decided we would go check it out. It was very hot today so not that enjoyable but we tried to make the most of it.

Coley was first to go on a ride and Blake was nice enough to go with him (even though he does not like being seen on these 'baby' rides).

08-03272.jpg

Dylan and Blake waiting to go on this giant...spin you so fast you stick the wall..thing.
08-03275.jpg

we went on several rides and then Cole wanted to go on these cars. We thought we would try him by himself but he just sat there very somber looking at Blake like, aren't you coming?! I was getting ready to ask Blake to go when this lady said her daughter would sit with him if I thought he wouldn't mind. She put her next to Cole and this is how he reacted...
08-03281.jpg

08-03284.jpg

cracks me up. He immediately went from a sad, somber expression to all smiles. The little girl even reached over and put her arm around him halfway through the ride. I couldn't get a good pic of that though.

After this ride we looked at the sky and noticed it didn't look to pretty. It was evident that it was going to rain and soon. We decided to head to one of the buildings so that when it started we would have cover.

the boys looking at bugs on the steps of the building.
08-03286.jpg

Then the skies opened up and it began to rain. We went inside and then heard the announcement they had piping over the whole fairgrounds. They had issued a tornado warning for the area and were telling people all the different buildings they could go to for shelter. It hadn't rained a drop all week and so of course when we go to the fair this happens. Of course I swear this kind of weather follows me because I am terrified of tornados. Luckily the building we had picked had a kid station in it with a toddler play area, clowns, face painting, etc. in the basement.

the boys getting painted
08-03289.jpg

08-03290.jpg

Dylan got the Cubs logo and Blake got the Cardinals logo (their favorite teams) Blakes didn't do that great but oh well, they were free.

08-03293.jpg

08-03291.jpg

After hanging out inside for awhile we decided that if we waited for it to quit raining we would possibly miss the whole fair. So, with the threat of bad weather over we ventured out. It was still sprinkling so it was only slightly miserable, lol. (mostly because I had uncomfortable flip flops on and was flopping mud all up my back.)

We saw a petting zoo area. Cole loved all the animals. While walking by one of the goats though he accidentally stepped on one's leg and it butted him in his but with his horn. Luckily it was his diaper covered but and it just startled Cole.

08-03296.jpg

08-03299.jpg

CONTINUED.....

My brother and I, along with Cole, decided to sit and wait on a bench while Jerry and the other two boys went up and down the road checking the stalls to see if there were any horses in them. I thought it was funny because Cole, being a typical boy, found the only little pool of water on the sidewalk and was trying to jump in it. :lmao:It wasn't even big enough for him to really get his toes in it but he was trying.

08-03310.jpg

an adorable little monkey that you could hand a quarter to and he would shake your hand. Unfortunately I was trying to get Cole to open his hand for the monkey so I didn't get a pic of him doing it.

08-03321.jpg

08-03322.jpg

08-03323.jpg

Then the rain finally stopped and we rode a few more rides, changed our clothes (which we were lucky to have in the car due to being up there for the last week) and headed to eat supper then headed home.

08-03318.jpg

the fairs version of dumbo
08-03313.jpg

The boys all had to get their picture as Abraham Lincoln as we headed out of the fair
08-03324.jpg

08-03325.jpg

08-03326.jpg

Two days after we got back the boys started school. Here they are on their first day.

08-03271.jpg

08-03280.jpg

Then I made a few more little purchases for disney

a magnetic book to play with on the drive down
08-03336.jpg

08-03337.jpg

08-03338.jpg

and........I got my Mickey mail!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

08-03495.jpg

08-03496.jpg

along with a new revised countdown, some invites I printed for the boys,etc.
08-03511.jpg

08-03513.jpg

08-03514.jpg

08-03515.jpg

Continued again....

Thanks on the life update! How I love Disney "stuff" updates!:laughing: The magnetic pirate book looks super fun, and do I spy *gulp* silly string? You are one brave mama!! It would be fun at rest stops, though. My DH said that his mom used to pack squirt guns for the rest stops.

Cute calendar and great job with the invitations!

Oh, and yea for Mickey Mail!:banana:

another disney night came up on the calendar. This time it was to play the disney think fast trivia game on the Wii. This was a lot of fun and the boys loved it.
08-03339.jpg

in our basement family room (which is still being redone so please look past that)
08-03340.jpg

08-03341.jpg

08-03343.jpg

We really were having fun I promise, they just didn't like that I kept taking their picture,lol.
08-03345.jpg

About a week and a half ago we decided to take advantage of the nice day and Jerry being home and finally take the boys to Mark Twain Cave. It is in Hannibal, Mo. which is about 40 minutes from our house. Our schools used to go there for field trips but don't any longer so since the boys have never been we really wanted to take them.

08-03357.jpg

08-03362.jpg

08-03366.jpg

We have jackets on because it is a natural 50 degrees in the cave at all times. Cole was really cute....Jerry and I took turns holding him on the hour long tour and he just kept pointing and saying, "rock" and "wow" at everything.
08-03377.jpg

08-03378.jpg

08-03381.jpg

08-03398.jpg

08-03408.jpg

08-03412.jpg

08-03451.jpg

08-03461.jpg

blown up photo of Jesse James signature from where he hid out in this cave. They won't let you go up to it in order to preserve it so they have this photo outside the cave.
08-03476.jpg

The boys really liked the cave and thought it was a neat experience. We will have to go again though because we wanted them to do the pan for your own gemstones thing but it was closed.

We then went to Lover's Leap in Hannibal. It is where they shoot off fireworks in Hannibal on the 4th of July (where we have gone the last couple of years). It is said that two Indians who were forbidden to be together ran off to there and were being followed by the girl indian's dad who was going to kill the boy indian. Instead of live without him they decided to jump together.

08-03479.jpg

08-03447.jpg

08-03465.jpg

08-03399.jpg

08-03484.jpg

view from the ground of Lover's Leap
08-03493.jpg

continued AGAIN...

Back at home a few days ago Jerry decided to wash my car so Cole thought he should help...he was a mess but so cute trying to help.

08-03498.jpg

08-03505.jpg

08-03507.jpg

I also finally got a seat for the back of my bike so that Coley could ride along with us. I got it at a garage sale for $5! Doesn't really show it in this pic (he was playing bashful) but he loves it and we now go for daily bike rides as a family around the park.
08-03350.jpg

08-03359.jpg

And then this last Friday was another disney night. It was Monsters Inc. night. We watched the movie and had popcorn and a sad, last minute attempt at Mike Wazowski cupcakes.
08-03532.jpg

08-03528.jpg

08-03530.jpg

Ok, now that I have lulled you all to sleep, I am finally finished with my update. I told you it was a lot. I hope to do some more disney things on my PTR soon. Thank you so much for staying with me and sorry for the massive post.

Hey there! I love the pics of your family... I am super jealous of the Pirate rooms at CBR...I want to stay there! I will catch up on your PTR later..

hopefully we can meet up on the 6th!

Hey! Thanks for the comments. I can't wait to see the pirate rooms. We are going all out pirate on this trip. The pirate room, the pirate pool, being pirates for MNSSHP, the boys doing the pirates league and the boys are doing the kids pirate cruise from the resort. ARGH!

I do hope we can come up with something and meet up on the 6th.

Thanks on the life update! How I love Disney "stuff" updates!:laughing: The magnetic pirate book looks super fun, and do I spy *gulp* silly string? You are one brave mama!! It would be fun at rest stops, though. My DH said that his mom used to pack squirt guns for the rest stops.

Cute calendar and great job with the invitations!

Oh, and yea for Mickey Mail!:banana:

Thanks. I think they will have a lot of fun with the magnetic book and yes, that is silly string:scared1: I know, I'm crazy. I figured it would be a good, fun way to let off some steam at rest stops though so what the heck. Thanks about the compliments on the calendar and such...I still have sooo much to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter