30 venues announced for Disney Springs

What do you want or expect at Disney Springs?

I guess for me to make a trip, it would be more Disney theming. I live 30 minutes from the Mall of America, though, so I probably am also not the target audience.

I guess for me to make a trip, it would be more Disney theming. I live 30 minutes from the Mall of America, though, so I probably am also not the target audience.
I went to Disney Springs in January. We ate at Portobello and spent most of our other time in the Disney shops. I think when you double the amount of stores you have, you have to go with more mall type shops to appeal to everyone. Also I don't think foreign travelers have a major shopping complex like this where they are coming from so this would appeal to them but I could be wrong there.

I went to Disney Springs in January. We ate at Portobello and spent most of our other time in the Disney shops. I think when you double the amount of stores you have, you have to go with more mall type shops to appeal to everyone. Also I don't think foreign travelers have a major shopping complex like this where they are coming from so this would appeal to them but I could be wrong there.

How was Portobello? We loved it when we went (twice) in 1991, but haven't been back. Coral Reef sort of ruined our 1991 memory in 2009, so I'm hesitant to try it again.

These are hardly outlet priced locations.
And in terms of what it could be... I guess that heads back to the halcyon days of Pleasure Island. I'm interested in Disney themed shopping. I'm interested in dining, and I'm interested in activities... like if they ever kept DisneyQuest updated.

It is what it is. I still may pop down for Morimoto or the Hangar Bar, or World of Disney, but it seems like for most of this, I am not the target audience. Not that I need to be.

Well there's a healthy number of (expensive) dining options, but Disney clearly wants nothing to do with the club scene and as far as Disney themed shopping... that's already everywhere anyway.

What do you want or expect at Disney Springs?

Evening family and adult entertainment. There is some included (the bowling alley, the movie theater, Cirque Du Soleil, the balloon, the way-overpriced car boats, the themed bars - can't count Disneyquest b/c that's dying), but there's not enough options...

I don't need a mall on my vacation (can't buy and fly back anyway), but I could use lots of fun...

I mean, if they need ideas...I've got tons...

Last edited:
We spent some time at Disney Springs during our last trip and definitely enjoyed the dining. We have no interest in shopping there though except for a few stores and those were there long before any of this started. I can do mall type shopping at home.

Easy ideas - the Studios Villain Soiree/Dance Party should be in Disney Springs...then, no one "wastes" a ticket in order to see the fun. It could be done on a larger and smaller scale, with and without food and/or drink (and charged as such)...whatever the accountants would deem the "best value" for Disney

Bring back a comedy club AND an improv troupe. One could be tailored for families and one could be adults only...or you could divy it up by the show (like they do on cruise ships).

Bring some Broadway-type theater shows. If they can sell out the same Cirque Du Soleil show night and night, they could easily sell out either a touring or in-house theater group every night. (They might even be able to combine this idea with the one above, so they get full use of the theater(s) each night and can rotate what is shown when by popularity)...

Bring some "active" fun - since no one goes to Wide World of Sports, bring the concept down to the springs Disney-style. Yes, that may mean having a character mascot or two on hand, but you could have tons of indoor sports play options for kids and adults to enjoy (if I had my way, this should ultimately be how they handle Disney Quest - it has the space)...

I've got tons more ideas...but it's not like Disney wants them since they want to just hand-off Disney Springs responsibility and rake in funds from the 3rd party sellers...

We visit DD (or DS) nearly every trip. When we stay at POR it's a nice boat ride away, which is nice in itself. We usually just window shop, and eat. It's a nice non-park-day activity. I agree that more activities would be nice though! I liked renting the little boats for example (which are no longer there).

Mall of America? Been there twice and that thing reminds me of a big Shopping Mall.

How was Portobello? We loved it when we went (twice) in 1991, but haven't been back. Coral Reef sort of ruined our 1991 memory in 2009, so I'm hesitant to try it again.
I went in 2015 and 2016 I would definitely go again. I don't know if I will go again next trip though as I want to try some of the new Disney springs offerings.

Oakley and Under armour are welcomed by me. Then I won't have to travel to the outlets. Maybe I'll see a discount at these stores..

I've always been sad I missed out on Pleasure Island. The last time I went to DTD/DS before it closed I was 17 and on a school trip so I couldn't go.

I though it was just ordinary mall selections. But the Coca-Cola place looks intriguing and it will be nice to have that Sephora there. Just in case I forget to pack my lip gloss again.

And there will be some stores who won't be able to build a clientele and something else will replace it

Last edited:
I'm excited by the new stores. I like to walk through them, but I won't be buying anything from them if they're pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter