365 days of healthy choices... Year #3 starts with post 356, comments welcome!

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a safe and healthy and happy Christmas and New Year. I know I did! I was so busy! As everyone else was. There were some days that I ate everything in sight, other days I kept it together as I have the maintain don't gain weigh in tomorrow. I don't know that I will have made it. I think I gained about 2-3#. I guess all in all that isn't bad as in past years I've gained alot more than that. I also was unofficially diagnosed with tendonitis in my arm. It hurts and is weaker than the other, and I am bummed as I am doing better, but am limited now to what I can do for strength training and aerobics.

so days 199-210 were much of holiday cheer, stress, etc.

Yesterday I got serious again. I bought a Biggest Loser food journal and am writing down what I eat with my calories. I like that. Also bought a new book written by one of the biggest loser contestants. 10 lessons from a former fat girl. So far it seems pretty good. I like how the next season of the biggest loser is titled "no excuses" I think that will be a motto for me this year.

I completed my one resolution for last year. and that was to put my photos in photo albums. I was years behind in doing so, and am proud to say that I completed that task. This year I have several more goals...

1. loose 100#
2. Earn my black belt
3. Scrapbook DH and DS's albums
4. A financial goal
5. Declutter the house.

So, I will make it work. Today I worked out to an old step aerobics tape. I did pretty good, modified the arm movements and then iced my arm after. I am so proud of myself!

today was the weigh out for my DH's work Maintain don't gain program. We had to put in $10 and if you maintained you get your money back and anyone who didn't weigh out, or gained their money gets disbursed to those that maintained. in addition randomly 5 people will get $55. She said 90+ people did it, so to get the random money will be low, but at least I get my $10 back!!! I am proud of that.

so far so good. fourth day of the New Year and I am very pleased! Journaling every day, exercising every day so far, decreasing my soda, haven't had McDonalds and decreasing the snacking. I have set a personal weight loss goal for the month of January, I know it is a long shot, but I feel like being competitive with myself, so I am going for it to see how well I can do.

Now, I just need to stay off the scale so I don't play mind games with myself. I know I will have to weigh in during the middle of the month as DH and I are doing a biggest loser competition through his work. Otherwise I think I will stay off the scale and see how I do!:thumbsup2

I am so proud of myself, I know it is a simple thing, but I avoided stepping on the scale. I know that I am doing good with my eating and exercising. My mantra is "no good can come from the scale". If I step on the scale and there is a big loss I may just say "hey... I can have a treat... look at how good I am doing, or even panick because I am losing too much, too fast and then that can't be good so I eat... If I gain, or didn't loose enough then of course "it doesn't matter if I eat a little more today, I can just pick up the pace tomorrow"... Mind games. NO GOOD CAN COME FROM THE SCALE! At times I know I have to check myself. I am worried about the Biggest loser challenge though... they want a weekly weigh in. for DH's work, I might just go weigh in and not look while she looks at the scale. Not sure what I will do when my work starts having theirs. I may just employ DH to help me out.

I will weigh myself at the end of January... I have that goal I am working towards....

Just had to say I am so proud of myself!:goodvibes

Yesterday (216) I was so tired, I forgot to log! I did go to bed and then realized I forgot to log and track my food. I am proud that I did at least log my food and figure out calories. I knew if I got on the computer I wouldn't get off, so I am glad that I just went to sleep and took care of myself.

today (day 217) I had a class I needed to take. They passed around chocolates. I am proud that I only took 4 little ones (the tiny ones) looked at the calorie content before I took them and kept track of what I ate, and I spaced it out and took my time. When they came around again in the afternoon I didn't take any - resisting temptation! VERY PROUD OF THAT!

I can't remember if I mentioned that I am reading the book 10 lessons learned from a former fat girl. I really like it so far. I've only read the first chapter, but part of it asks you to reflect on your earliest memories, God, past behaviors, and other things. It really was good and the purpose is to help you get to figure out why we are overweight. I got a journal, wrote my thoughts and have had some insights, and also wrote some plans for improving my life in many areas. I really like that, and feel this is the right book for me at the right time!

WOW, did I waste my day and eat WAYYYYYY too much. I found myself nervous for some unknown bizarre reason. I really don't have a good reason for it, no idea why. BUT wow did I eat. What was weird though... was the more that I ate, the hungrier I got, I couldn't "fill up". Clearly I wasn't really hungry. Some other kind of hunger going on... I guess just like the books say, that we are feeding something else, some other problem, not our bodies. so now I feel icky, yucky, stuffed, weirdly unsatisfied and still anxious. UGHHHH, can I start this day over?

DH's work is doing a biggest loser competion. I won it the very first year they did it and then didn't do anything the next 2 years. (signed up but didn't make it work).

This year you have to do it in teams of 2, so my poor DH got ropped into doing it with me! :rotfl:

got the information today and my competitive trait is up and running. Need to win! :cheer2:

so, now of course I am wrestling with how much to exercise now, the points start on Monday. I am NOT going to blow it and eat all this week. But boy is it hard to exercise knowing that the pounds lost now don't count toward the competion.

I WOULD LOVE to be on the actual biggest loser. I would love the competition of it. I would hate the fact of having to vote people out though. That doesn't sound like fun at all.

I've actually been doing pretty good. I know it's been a while and I have to admit I feel bad about that. I have made some GREAT choices! First off, we started the Biggest loser competition through DH's work. He's lost 3 pounds and I've lost 5#!!!! He has been working so hard that it is motivating me. I am so proud of us. We've exercised every day. We are both logging our food journals and supporting each other. it has been AWESOME!!!! I am going to make a more concerted effort to also log here daily, I miss it and miss all of you!

I had a tendency to HATE the treadmill! I much prefer walking outside. however winter here isn't fun, so the treadmill might become my new friend. Went to the gym with DH tonight. I wanted to shake up the routine a bit so I don't do the same thing every time, today I spent 1 hour on the treadmill! I did inclines, varied my speed and sweated ALOT! Felt pretty good. I am sure my legs will be tired tomorrow, but I feel like I really got a good work out in. Who knew the treadmill and I would become friends?

WOW, I am beat! However I am happy too, I worked out 1 hour on the eliptical and then did some weights and also had a strenght test done for the BL competition. I did OK on the push ups and curl ups. We also had to lift 50% of our body weight in a lat pull down and leg extension. I couldn't even move those last 2. there was no way considering how much I weigh right now. Maybe I'll be better in 12 weeks. We also have a challenge of no soda for 1 week. That is surprisingly really hard for me. But I'll do it!

My trainer just sent an email to me about an opportunity to try out for a reality weight loss show. Would you do it? I wish I had the courage to do it, I wonder... What is special about me? Why would they pick me. then I wonder... OMG what if they do pick me... do I want all my info out there??? The SCALE:scared1:, the personal info out there:scared1:, Do I really want that? It is a 1 in a million chance that I would be selected... And I don't know if I can even get off of work.

So.... would you?

really did great today with my eating. I am so proud of myself. DH and I are really working together as a team for this biggest loser competition and it feels great!

My trainer just sent an email to me about an opportunity to try out for a reality weight loss show. Would you do it? I wish I had the courage to do it, I wonder... What is special about me? Why would they pick me. then I wonder... OMG what if they do pick me... do I want all my info out there??? The SCALE:scared1:, the personal info out there:scared1:, Do I really want that? It is a 1 in a million chance that I would be selected... And I don't know if I can even get off of work.

So.... would you?

I would, in a heartbeat.

It's been very stressful in my life with a variety of things going on, and tonight I came home from work exhausted. I just wanted some "comfort foods". and the good news... is that I did, but was smart about it and kept in my calorie budget!!!

Yesterday we went shopping and bought bagels for the kids, they smelled so good, and I love me some carbs! So today I opted to have the bagel for dinner with NO cream cheese! left over fruit I had cut up for lunch and some potato chips. I know it is not a "stellar meal" with lots of veggies, protein, dairy, etc. But I am very proud that I made it work. Instead of eating a bagel yesterday mindlesly, I fit it into a meal. Instead of destressing and hitting McDonalds, I came home instead.

I feel very happy with these changes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter