3rd Presidential Debate on tonight at 9pm EST (Not Political).

I already voted, so I did not watch the debate. We watched the Eagles-Giants instead, which was a very good game!

How in the world did the Giants lose. I went to bed after third quarter figuring they had it locked up.

Our state has early voting, so I already voted. Didn't watch the debate since you should already know what the candidates stand for or you haven't done your homework thus far.

Is anyone actually still undecided at this point?
Besides neither one of them is going to tell us anything new, they repeat the same campaign talking points we've been hearing for months. You believe what your choice has to say, and you think the other guys is a liar.

Our state has early voting, so I already voted. Didn't watch the debate since you should already know what the candidates stand for or you haven't done your homework thus far.
That's a very good point, and something that will probably change election strategies in the future. The debate itself was well-done, especially by the moderator, but more than 46 MILLION people have already voted.

In Florida in 2016, more than 60% of our votes were cast early either by mail or early in-person voting. Many states were more than 50% early, several were more than 80%, and a couple vote 100% by mail. The result is that these late-stage debates and the classic "October Surprise" are becoming less and less relevant.

There are some truly undecided voters (my next door neighbor is one), but they are fewer and fewer each election.

That's a very good point, and something that will probably change election strategies in the future. The debate itself was well-done, especially by the moderator, but more than 46 MILLION people have already voted.

In Florida in 2016, more than 60% of our votes were cast early either by mail or early in-person voting. Many states were more than 50% early, several were more than 80%, and a couple vote 100% by mail. The result is that these late-stage debates and the classic "October Surprise" are becoming less and less relevant.

There are some truly undecided voters (my next door neighbor is one), but they are fewer and fewer each election.
I wonder how much is due to negative partisanship. If you know what you aren't voting for in a 2 party system, it's pretty easy to vote early. I'm guessing few of those people would have been swayed by any events in the last weeks of the election anyways.

I wonder how much is due to negative partisanship. If you know what you aren't voting for in a 2 party system, it's pretty easy to vote early. I'm guessing few of those people would have been swayed by any events in the last weeks of the election anyways.

View attachment 534200

That's very interesting. It shows how much things have changed since 1994 too!

It's different if you've not done any research. It's another if you're wanting to see how someone answers questions. Believe it or not candidates do say things late in the game that can really change how someone views them.

If you're hoping a candidate will say how they will do xyz and hasn't thus far in a debate (or some other fashion) they may end up saying it.

I do think yes the importance in our never-ending news cycle is getting less for a debate and maybe it's time to adjust that tradition. BUT I disagree that you shouldn't want to watch a debate because you didn't do your homework. Sometimes things come out late and that goes beyond presidential, way beyond that.

I do think yes the importance in our never-ending news cycle is getting less for a debate and maybe it's time to adjust that tradition. BUT I disagree that you shouldn't want to watch a debate because you didn't do your homework. Sometimes things come out late and that goes beyond presidential, way beyond that.
The never ending "news" cycle is why we do still need debates so that the other side can have their say.

The first 5 seasons of Murder She Wrote is on the IMDB channel. I will busy through the election. :lovestruc

I’ll be voting sometime this week, but made my decision a long time ago. Nothing could change my mind. It’s still interesting to me to see how the candidates present themselves, and hear what they have to say. If it had become another shouting match, I would’ve turned it off.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter