7 Night British Isles Sept 2, 2018

Welcome everyone!!!!

I am finally starting a little research starting with hotels in Dover, I think after we spend a few nights in London we might head to Dover Saturday night to see the White Cliffs and be rested to start Sunday.

Kim

Welcome everyone!!!!

I am finally starting a little research starting with hotels in Dover, I think after we spend a few nights in London we might head to Dover Saturday night to see the White Cliffs and be rested to start Sunday.

Kim
I am also considering doing the same thing. Do you have any suggestions for hotels in London? We've never been and are looking to do all the tourist stuff for a couple of days.

It's been a few years since we last sailed DCL, and we received a "Planning Guide" in the mail from them the other day. It impressed me more than it probably should; it has been a long time since the other cruise lines we use have mailed us anything at all!

We booked this day one, and it will be me, DH and DS17.

Is anyone else hoping that the WBTA is after this one, and considering doing a B2B?? If anyone is interested in joining a page on it that shall not be named.. message me :).

On this cruise with my husband Rod! This will be my 15th DCL cruise and his 10th. It will be my 7th cruise (5nt Bahamas, 7nt West Caribbean, 9nt Norwegian Fjords, 12nt Iceland/Norway, 15nt EBTA, 5nt Canadian) on the Magic and his 5th. It is our favorite ship and our favorite itineraries! Hoping that the WBTA is after this cruise and we plan to book that as well for our first back to back. We live in Maine!

On this cruise with my husband Rod! This will be my 15th DCL cruise and his 10th. It will be my 7th cruise (5nt Bahamas, 7nt West Caribbean, 9nt Norwegian Fjords, 12nt Iceland/Norway, 15nt EBTA, 5nt Canadian) on the Magic and his 5th. It is our favorite ship and our favorite itineraries! Hoping that the WBTA is after this cruise and we plan to book that as well for our first back to back. We live in Maine!
Not on this cruise, but I check the forum often, and see that you last posted here. Hi! Our next cruise is the EBTA in May. We love the Magic, too! Have a great cruise.
Bobbi:boat:

Hi Everyone! I've booked this cruise for me and my DD. This will be our first cruise/trip over the pond. We're so excited! We have so many questions and so much research to do! Looking forward to learning some things here too.

My DH and I will be flying from Tampa. Where do we fly into? .

There are 2 airports, Heathrow and Gatwick

Heathrow is west of London. It is the main international airport
Gatwick is south of London. It is the second international airport and is alot smaller than Heathrow

For both of them, you will need to travel to London and get the train from St Pancras to Dover. There is no direct train from either airport to Dover

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/london-st-pancras-intl-to-dover-priory

There are 2 airports, Heathrow and Gatwick

Heathrow is west of London. It is the main international airport
Gatwick is south of London. It is the second international airport and is alot smaller than Heathrow

For both of them, you will need to travel to London and get the train from St Pancras to Dover. There is no direct train from either airport to Dover

https://www.thetrainline.com/train-times/london-st-pancras-intl-to-dover-priory
But if you fly into Gatwick doesn't Disney provide transportation to Dover port? That is what I am planning to do and not go into London at all.

Anyone up for some cruise planning talk? I've been following the 2017 British Isle cruise thread and have found lots of great info. Has anyone thought about the following;

1. Is anyone flying in and staying over one night at either the Dover port or Gatwick Airport? If so, any hotels that are close? I see that Gatwick has a hotel right in the airport.

2. Disney Transfers to Dover- from either an airport or Disney participating hotel? Cost?

3. Airfare - Anyone compared booking through DIsney vs. on your own? Is a red eye flight the best to get the most of an overnight pre-cruise stay?

Let's talk!

3. Airfare - Anyone compared booking through DIsney vs. on your own? Is a red eye flight the best to get the most of an overnight pre-cruise stay?

Let's talk!

I usually check www.skyscanner.com for transatlantic flights, then book direct with the airlines. That way you can get the exact itinerary you want. Having read many cruise threads where people have booked flights with Disney, it does not seem a good idea, both cost wise and itinerary wise. Also when you book direct with airlines rather than a third party, its easier to make changes or sort out issues. Airlines really dont like dealing with problems when a third party is involved. I learned that the hard way a few years ago.

Two things to remember about flying to Europe from USA
1. You loose a day, ie you will depart USA on a Thursday evening and arrive Heathrow or Gatwick on Friday morning, flight time plus time difference
2. Jetlag. I always find it worse flying USA to Europe than Europe to USA. When I land in LA Im tired that night but fine the next morning, but when I come home I crash for a day.

Thanks BadPinkTink!!!! I am trying to figure all of this out and book as soon as airfare opens up. I'm wondering if British Airways has the best flights into Gatwick or London? Any airline search engines you use?

@BWV Dreamin thats what www.skyscanner.com is :) an airline search engine. I have flown both BA and Virgin Atlantic transatlantic from Heathrow, Virgin Atlantic is by far the best airline. Direct flights are more expensive than flights with a layover.

If we were to fly back to the states on disembarkation day, how soon could we get back to heathrow from Dover? What would be the earliest time you would book your return flight?

If we were to fly back to the states on disembarkation day, how soon could we get back to heathrow from Dover? What would be the earliest time you would book your return flight?

I would book a flight which departs no earlier than 4pm. There is no direct way to Heathrow, you need to go Dover to London, London to Heathrow. You are looking at 3 hours approx transit times, then being there for checkin for transatlantic 3 hours before the flight. Having done multiple transatlantic from Heathrow, yes you do need the 3 hours.

I would book a flight which departs no earlier than 4pm. There is no direct way to Heathrow, you need to go Dover to London, London to Heathrow. You are looking at 3 hours approx transit times, then being there for checkin for transatlantic 3 hours before the flight. Having done multiple transatlantic from Heathrow, yes you do need the 3 hours.
Wow wonder if its better to stay over one night post cruise before that flight back to the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter