7 Night British Isles Sept 2, 2018

Good choice, no better way of getting a taste of a region than cruising. London is awesome, we stay just across the street to the north of Hyde Park at the Kensington Palace throughway, its more quiet but still can get anywhere. Lots to see in a short period of time, and be sure to get out of the city to take in more of what the area has to offer, three days would be a minimum.

Good choice, no better way of getting a taste of a region than cruising. London is awesome, we stay just across the street to the north of Hyde Park at the Kensington Palace throughway, its more quiet but still can get anywhere. Lots to see in a short period of time, and be sure to get out of the city to take in more of what the area has to offer, three days would be a minimum.

There are so many places in England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland that I want to see. I think to cover all of it would take at least a month long trip to each destination, if not more. Unfortunately, time is a factor as we don't have a set number of vacation days per year we can use. They accumulate over time with each pay period. It's a pain, but better less time than no time at all!

We both love studying British/Irish Medieval and Renaissance history so a lot of our choices are centered around that. I really hope to visit Hampton Court Palace and the Tower of London, we're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to go to a performance at the Globe as well. I wish there was a way to spend a decent amount of time in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, but I think it'll come down to a choice between them. Right now, we're leaning more towards Edinburgh.

I honestly don't really know anything about Cork, so I'm not sure what I want to do there or what's really nearby. I should probably look more into that. Same goes for Liverpool (apart from the Beatles connection, obviously). Regardless, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. It doesn't even feel real to me yet that it's actually happening. Mostly it seems like we're both daydreaming about it all like we have done for years.

ETA: It's booked! The cruise is booked! SO EXCITED!

Last edited:
We booked opening day. Doing the back to back with the WBTA. Nancy and Rod from Cape Elizabeth, ME

We booked opening day. Doing the back to back with the WBTA. Nancy and Rod from Cape Elizabeth, ME

Greetings :wave2: It is amazing the number of back to backers on this cruise, we too are B2B with WBTA and BWV owners.

Evening all,

We just booked this cruise (our 4th Disney).
We will be celebrating my son's 20th birthday on board
First time across the pond

See you all soon!

Our family will be joining everyone on this cruise. Booked it on opening day and we're starting to get excited. There are five us - me, my husband and our three kids (will be ages 16,14 and 9). We're about to take our 10th Disney Cruise in December so we're excited to be Platinum for this cruise. Looking forward to planning our adventure!

Hi all - We booked this itinerary a couple of months ago. It's a long wait... but we're excited. First time to British Isles and first time on the Magic since Dec. 2011. Planning to see London (a couple of days on the front end of the trip) and would also like to visit a couple of the Belgian Abbeys just on the other side of the "chunnel." They brew some of the best beer in the world there.

Starting to think about port excursions.... Beatles in Liverpool is a lock. Other ports still undecided.

Look forward to seeing you in a year!!

@iadizfans just a tip, its not called the chunnel lol. the train is called The Eurostar and the road is called the channel tunnel. :)

So this will be our first ever trip to the British Isles. Novices that we are I'm trying to research where to stay in London for two or three days prior to the cruise. Somewhere near transportation that will get us to Dover and somewhere near all the sites. Any thoughts or recommendations? There will be four of us, and I am aware that we will probably have to get two rooms. Any advice, thoughts, recommendations would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Anyone up for some cruise planning talk? I've been following the 2017 British Isle cruise thread and have found lots of great info. Has anyone thought about the following;

1. Is anyone flying in and staying over one night at either the Dover port or Gatwick Airport? If so, any hotels that are close? I see that Gatwick has a hotel right in the airport.

2. Disney Transfers to Dover- from either an airport or Disney participating hotel? Cost?

3. Airfare - Anyone compared booking through DIsney vs. on your own? Is a red eye flight the best to get the most of an overnight pre-cruise stay?

Let's talk!
Disney transfers to and from Dover are $90/person each way.

These are the hotels Disney uses in London
Hotel Information
Are you planning on arriving before or staying a few days after your cruise?

Disney Cruise Line offers convenient packages that include hotel accommodations before and after your cruise. If you have not yet confirmed your hotel stay, please be sure to check if rooms are still available by calling (800) 951-3532. Guests under age 18 must have a parent or guardian permission to call. Don't forget to purchase a hotel transfer option and leave the driving to us!

The following hotels may be arranged through Disney Cruise Line:

• Grosvenor House, JW Marriott Hotel - Explore a range of nearby destinations thanks to the unparalleled access the Grosvenor House, JW Marriott Hotel provides. Stay in this historic hotel that features 5-star luxury and elegance, conveniently located just steps from Hyde Park, and within walking distance to the Marble Arch, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street and Regent Street.
  • Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill - Immerse yourself in classic British style during your stay at the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. This hotel offers a charming British getaway in London’s famous West End. Featuring bespoke tailoring and refined décor, the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill also includes subtle nods to Sir Winston Churchill’s life and legacy throughout the stately grounds.
  • Hilton London Gatwick Hotel - Conveniently located within the Gatwick Airport—directly linked to the south terminal by a covered walkway and just 10 minutes from the north terminal by a free monorail—the Hilton London Gatwick is designed with comfort and convenience in mind before or after your flight. Plus, Central London is only 30 minutes away via Gatwick Express Rail.
  • Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel - Boasting luxurious comfort and a unique blend of modern design elements from around the globe, the Sofitel London Heathrow is directly connected to Heathrow Terminal 5 via a covered walkway, and Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 4 via the Heathrow Express/ Heathrow Connect rail connection. Plus, central London is only 21 minutes from hotel by train.
Traveling from Your Hotel to the Cruise Ship - If you arrange a hotel stay through Disney Cruise Line, you may add optional ground transfers from the hotel to the Port.

Anyone focused on seeing Beatles sites in Liverpool? DW and I will be booking directly with Fab Four tours. They look pretty good and based on feedback from other disboards users are the way to go.

Disney transfers to and from Dover are $90/person each way.

These are the hotels Disney uses in London
Hotel Information
Are you planning on arriving before or staying a few days after your cruise?

Disney Cruise Line offers convenient packages that include hotel accommodations before and after your cruise. If you have not yet confirmed your hotel stay, please be sure to check if rooms are still available by calling (800) 951-3532. Guests under age 18 must have a parent or guardian permission to call. Don't forget to purchase a hotel transfer option and leave the driving to us!

The following hotels may be arranged through Disney Cruise Line:

• Grosvenor House, JW Marriott Hotel - Explore a range of nearby destinations thanks to the unparalleled access the Grosvenor House, JW Marriott Hotel provides. Stay in this historic hotel that features 5-star luxury and elegance, conveniently located just steps from Hyde Park, and within walking distance to the Marble Arch, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street and Regent Street.
  • Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill - Immerse yourself in classic British style during your stay at the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill. This hotel offers a charming British getaway in London’s famous West End. Featuring bespoke tailoring and refined décor, the Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill also includes subtle nods to Sir Winston Churchill’s life and legacy throughout the stately grounds.
  • Hilton London Gatwick Hotel - Conveniently located within the Gatwick Airport—directly linked to the south terminal by a covered walkway and just 10 minutes from the north terminal by a free monorail—the Hilton London Gatwick is designed with comfort and convenience in mind before or after your flight. Plus, Central London is only 30 minutes away via Gatwick Express Rail.
  • Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel - Boasting luxurious comfort and a unique blend of modern design elements from around the globe, the Sofitel London Heathrow is directly connected to Heathrow Terminal 5 via a covered walkway, and Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 4 via the Heathrow Express/ Heathrow Connect rail connection. Plus, central London is only 21 minutes from hotel by train.
Traveling from Your Hotel to the Cruise Ship - If you arrange a hotel stay through Disney Cruise Line, you may add optional ground transfers from the hotel to the Port.
I have found out that Disney offers transfers from London city centre, we have booked. They are $60/person and pick up at
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria. We are planning on stay near there so it will be very convenient :)

We have been staying in London in the past so wanted to try Dover the night before on this trip.

Are people planning private excursions ? We have begun looking but nothing set just yet.

Hello, Everyone! My husband and I just booked this cruise last night. We will be watching this thread since this will be our first cruise to this region.
Are there any physical therapists/physiotherapists on this cruise? My husband are physical therapists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter