8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Lisa, forgive me if this is too much . . .
We looked at the iPOD shuffles b/c they were a bit cheaper. DS12 has a friend with one who hates it b/c you can't tell what song is playing. The little extra it costs for the nano is definitely worth it. We didn't go for the original iPOD b/c DH and DS12 would use the nano for exercise. The nano has a flash drive which will better tolerate the jumping and bumping of exercise. Mind you by Christmas 2007, there may be totally new and exciting and better things available . . .LOL Just my two geeky cents . . :idea:

I am looking at the $29 refurbs for the kids. They both love music & this will allow them to do this in the car & plane without bothering others. Just enough for them to be able to say that they have an IPOD. ;)

Hate to leave the next pirate open so close but I am falling asleep here. Good night everyone!

One other option--

The apple site has been offering reconditioned shuffles for something like $25 recently. For that price, I'm tempted to buy them for my family. I'd rather have the kids misplace a $25 shuffle than a new Nano. :blush:

Ah . . .good idea! I'm pretty impressed with how careful DH12 has been with his nano. We're always working on that responsibility thing . . .

You'll laugh . . I use my PALM for my MP3 player . . .:rolleyes: It was free .. .well the MP3 part was . . .

One other option--

The apple site has been offering reconditioned shuffles for something like $25 recently. For that price, I'm tempted to buy them for my family. I'd rather have the kids misplace a $25 shuffle than a new Nano. :blush:

hmmmm that's an idea! :idea: DW has been thinking about an iPod lately but isn't so sure about it yet. Maybe I'll get this for her as training wheels? LOL

Yup, Bringing the baby, not sure if we will get off the ship in Cartagena though…:earseak:
Why not? Is there something I'm missing or should know about Cartegena? I keep seeing little references to it for some reason... someone clue me in!

About booking without even knowing how much it's going to cost for a month- that's KUH-RAZY. Seriously, I could never do that! Well I guess I would if I had to, but it would be driving me nuts! I could barely get thru yesterday to find out yesterday afternoon- and I gave up waiting on a call from my TA and called them myself!

Okay I'm off for a bit to get pictures and stuff to send to Lisa.
BBIAB ;)

Anyone planning on taking any local currency (Nuevo Peso, Aruban florin, Colombian Peso)? I thought about it (yeah, I know they'll prolly take the USD or CAD with no problems) but then noticed that BofA and WFB don't even trade in the Colombian peso! At 1 USD = 2,240.00 COP a few hundred buck would fill a suitcase! :rotfl: Now that I think about it, I may skip the local currency until we get there...the last time I did that we had East Caribbean Dollars and the merchant nearly called the police! ::cop: :scared: Long story.

Is the manifest posted somewhere?

How do we know if we've made it onto the manifest?

What info is needed for the manifest?

Is it cruise time yet???

Susan, all of the information that Lisa requires is on the 1st post. Glad that you are finally done with booking.

Jonesing, I can not beleive that we are the only two people still awake on this form. I have been here since the beginning and have never seen it this dead. How are things in Colorado?

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN!

Roger

Anyone planning on taking any local currency (Nuevo Peso, Aruban florin, Colombian Peso)? I thought about it (yeah, I know they'll prolly take the USD or CAD with no problems) but then noticed that BofA and WFB don't even trade in the Colombian peso! At 1 USD = 2,240.00 COP a few hundred buck would fill a suitcase! :rotfl: Now that I think about it, I may skip the local currency until we get there...the last time I did that we had East Caribbean Dollars and the merchant nearly called the police! ::cop: :scared: Long story.

Would love to take some Colombian currency home for the kids to share at school.

Jonesing, I can not beleive that we are the only two people still awake on this form. I have been here since the beginning and have never seen it this dead. How are things in Colorado?

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN!

Roger

Give Nothing Back
I've been tending to some other things tonight. I expected to come back to tons of pages, but only 2. Wow, our late nighters and west coasters must be worn out from the mad ressie dash. Or else they've just got to finally tend to everything they've ignored the past few days.

I am looking at the $29 refurbs for the kids. They both love music & this will allow them to do this in the car & plane without bothering others. Just enough for them to be able to say that they have an IPOD. ;)

I got my son the $29 shuffle for Christmas. He's so proud to say he has an iPOD. I explained to him how the others let you choose what song plays next and it doesn't bother him a bit. He's not all into music or gadgets, so this is fine for him. Plus I think it's so cute, its the size of a pack of gum.

I think that it is a little of both. I too am tired after getting up at 4am yesterday. And yes today finally got around to doing things I have put off for the last couple of weeks.

Ok all,

For those wondering here's the TA mess up update.

TA was able to switch ressie to a canceled one today. thankfully 1500 less than yesterdays ressie after the screwup. It is still 500 more than the qoute for the WB she originally booked but aleast now the price is more reasonable. It's still a GTY 10 instead of an actual room but we can work on that.

Well that's good. So, when are they going to throw in the extra $500 OBC??

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN!

Roger

Hey now ...I am here too

pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter