9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Just put a deposit down on this cruise, though I still need to sort out other 2017 plans before I can be 100% sure I will be able to take it. I'm also going to be interested in seeing reports from people on this year's cruise.

I'll be traveling solo. While I've always traveled with people on my previous 3 DCL cruises, I had a blast on a RCL cruise through Asia that I did solo so I'm sure I'll have an awesome time on this one. Assuming I don't have to cancel. :)

There are likely to be (from the sounds of it) a load of us travelling solo. I've done my last 2 DCL cruises solo and loved them! This one I'm sure is going to be the same

There are likely to be (from the sounds of it) a load of us travelling solo. I've done my last 2 DCL cruises solo and loved them! This one I'm sure is going to be the same

The only reason I'm the least but nervous about solo cruising is that the last time I did it, I had an awful experience with being assigned to a table with a bilingual family who chose to speak amongst themselves in their native language and basically ignore me. I was so miserable that I asked to switch tables. (there had originally been an English speaking couple at the table; I only asked to switch when it became apparent that they weren't coming back because that left me totally isolated) Even my 2nd table was a little weird because I ended up with a group of older couples who all knew each other- but at least they spoke English, included me in conversations, and were very friendly. I haven't had great luck with dining tables on my recent Disney cruises either, but I was with my nieces and I was fine just talking to them. (one cruise I again was seated with a bilingual family who stuck to themselves, and the other was a table with families who had kids much younger than my at-the-time tween nieces) It's a little bizarre because I'm generally a friendly person who can get along with anyone... as long as they want to converse with me.

But obviously I'm not letting that hold me back. If for some reason I can't take this particular cruise (timing being the biggest potential issue; after I had to cancel a cruise 3 years ago, I don't take anything for granted), I'm determined to find a different DCL cruise to take instead. :)

The only reason I'm the least but nervous about solo cruising is that the last time I did it, I had an awful experience with being assigned to a table with a bilingual family who chose to speak amongst themselves in their native language and basically ignore me. I was so miserable that I asked to switch tables. (there had originally been an English speaking couple at the table; I only asked to switch when it became apparent that they weren't coming back because that left me totally isolated) Even my 2nd table was a little weird because I ended up with a group of older couples who all knew each other- but at least they spoke English, included me in conversations, and were very friendly. I haven't had great luck with dining tables on my recent Disney cruises either, but I was with my nieces and I was fine just talking to them. (one cruise I again was seated with a bilingual family who stuck to themselves, and the other was a table with families who had kids much younger than my at-the-time tween nieces) It's a little bizarre because I'm generally a friendly person who can get along with anyone... as long as they want to converse with me.

But obviously I'm not letting that hold me back. If for some reason I can't take this particular cruise (timing being the biggest potential issue; after I had to cancel a cruise 3 years ago, I don't take anything for granted), I'm determined to find a different DCL cruise to take instead. :)

That sounds awful! If you do confirm you are welcome to link with me that way we know there are at least 2 solo's on the table and I'm sure that there will be others. I've actually only been placed on a table once and it was a good one. The other times I've chosen who to link with but I know that fear well! It really is daunting as even when travelling with my parents we've ended up on a odd table (had 1 9 year old child, and then me at 25 was the youngest!!)

Hello All ! Looking seriously at this TA since we had to cancel this past May's EBTA :( good cause , DH had brain surgery :)
It would be me... Ann and DH... Howard. Hi Gismo !!! This would be our 3rd TA ... Hmmm all from Barcelona.

Hello All ! Looking seriously at this TA since we had to cancel this past May's EBTA :( good cause , DH had brain surgery :)
It would be me... Ann and DH... Howard. Hi Gismo !!! This would be our 3rd TA ... Hmmm all from Barcelona.

Come join us you know you want to!

Hope Howard is doing well!

We are going! This will be our second TA; we did the 2014 crossing. Me (Kim) and DH (Dave). Gonna be a long year waiting.....

Hi! My husband and I will be on this cruise for our 10 year anniversary. We threw around the idea of an Adventure by Disney or a week at WDW, but ultimately, we love cruising the best! We chose this cruise as soon as the itineraries were released and booked on opening day. We've never done a cruise this long, so we're very excited!

We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary even tho' we got married in January. We're sailing with my DB and DSiL who will be celebrating their 30th. Great way to celebrate!

Hi! My husband and I will be on this cruise for our 10 year anniversary. We threw around the idea of an Adventure by Disney or a week at WDW, but ultimately, we love cruising the best! We chose this cruise as soon as the itineraries were released and booked on opening day. We've never done a cruise this long, so we're very excited!

We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary even tho' we got married in January. We're sailing with my DB and DSiL who will be celebrating their 30th. Great way to celebrate!

There is no better way to spend an anniversary -- that's why so many of our cruises are in August and September (we got married in August). We will be celebrating our 39th -- CONGRATS to all!

There is no better way to spend an anniversary -- that's why so many of our cruises are in August and September (we got married in August). We will be celebrating our 39th -- CONGRATS to all!

Congratulations to you as well! It's funny - I booked this cruise and then realized afterwards that we will actually be on the ship on our actual anniversary. I am notorious for forgetting our anniversary date is coming up until about a week before and we usually do something very low-key as we have 3 young children. It will be nice to celebrate on the actual date with something "big".

Come join us you know you want to!

Hope Howard is doing well!
Ok Sarah... Howard and I are in solid for the cruise! Howard is doing fine, we go to Phoenix this week to turn his DBS pack a bit higher for his brain.
Since we cancelled the San Juan cruise, Ill be working on FE gifts ! I only have 414 more days before the WBTA !
How are you doing ????

Ok Sarah... Howard and I are in solid for the cruise! Howard is doing fine, we go to Phoenix this week to turn his DBS pack a bit higher for his brain.
Since we cancelled the San Juan cruise, Ill be working on FE gifts ! I only have 414 more days before the WBTA !
How are you doing ????

Good thanks! Glad everything's going well and excited that you are joining us! 414 seems far too many but I'm sure its going to fly by!

My husband and I booked this cruise a little over a month ago. We had sailed on an EBTA several years ago and really enjoyed it. We even booked the same cabin we had the last time. We had the late dining and we were put at a table for 8 that only had 4 of us. The other couple only showed up to dinner for about half the nights we had. It was a little odd sitting at a table of 8 with just the 2 of us. Though our server was fantastic, we even put in a request on the reservation to have the same server again if she is still working at that time. Though I do have to say the WB trips don't have as nice of an itinerary as the EB trips do. Wish they were a little nicer. It will be fun also going on a cruise where I get to use my fish extender again.

My husband and I booked this cruise a little over a month ago. We had sailed on an EBTA several years ago and really enjoyed it. We even booked the same cabin we had the last time. We had the late dining and we were put at a table for 8 that only had 4 of us. The other couple only showed up to dinner for about half the nights we had. It was a little odd sitting at a table of 8 with just the 2 of us. Though our server was fantastic, we even put in a request on the reservation to have the same server again if she is still working at that time. Though I do have to say the WB trips don't have as nice of an itinerary as the EB trips do. Wish they were a little nicer. It will be fun also going on a cruise where I get to use my fish extender again.
I love the way DCL gave us so very different ports. It makes 5 new ports for us. I am happy we aren't repeating the same thing. I love the changes!
FE's... I'm already done with 20 pieces! We just changed from another so I'm ahead of the game !

Welcome aboard! We booked the same cabin we had on the WBTA in 2007 too! Loved that cabin -- it's one of those "secret verandah" rooms. I love being in aft.

I love the way DCL gave us so very different ports. It makes 5 new ports for us. I am happy we aren't repeating the same thing. I love the changes!
FE's... I'm already done with 20 pieces! We just changed from another so I'm ahead of the game !

Welcome! Same here -- even though we did Cadiz in 2007, we actually went out to Seville, so didn't see much of Cadiz. Just love going to Portugal and Newfoundland -- a new country and province for us!

Last year I dined on my own 2 nights of the cruise and we were on a table of 6 with 4 others and me! It was an odd experience dining on such a large table on my own but fantastic fun!

As for the itinerary I much preferred last years to Miami but I'm looking forward to the Azores (on my bucket list)

Last year I dined on my own 2 nights of the cruise and we were on a table of 6 with 4 others and me! It was an odd experience dining on such a large table on my own but fantastic fun!

As for the itinerary I much preferred last years to Miami but I'm looking forward to the Azores (on my bucket list)

I liked the itinerary for this past EBTA, but we like sailing the WBTA better. I didn't book this year's WBTA because we have been to all the ports they are visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter