9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I liked the itinerary for this past EBTA, but we like sailing the WBTA better. I didn't book this year's WBTA because we have been to all the ports they are visiting.

Its my sisters 40th this year which is why I'm doing a different cruiseline with her but I agree. I love the WBs but the ports weren't exciting. I'm not sure these are greatly better but the Azores is on my bucket list!

Its my sisters 40th this year which is why I'm doing a different cruiseline with her but I agree. I love the WBs but the ports weren't exciting. I'm not sure these are greatly better but the Azores is on my bucket list!

Lisbon for me, but my husband was really excited about going to Newfoundland. That's why when Disney had that glitch and changed the port to St. John, New Brunswick we were so disappointed. Glad they fixed that!

Lisbon for me, but my husband was really excited about going to Newfoundland. That's why when Disney had that glitch and changed the port to St. John, New Brunswick we were so disappointed. Glad they fixed that!

That glitch still made me laugh as twice I've got confused which one we were going to and twice I've logged in to find its the wrong one lol

Hullo Hullo :)

We just put down our deposit on rooms 7542 and 7544 for our very first cruise ever! It will be me (Aanna), DH (chab), DD 13 (Heidi), DS 11 (Alex), and my parents (Heinz and Sandy). It's nominally for my parent's 50th anniversary, but I think we're packing just about every celebration we can think of into the trip.

Can't wait to get to know you folks! :)

We just put down our deposit on rooms 7542 and 7544 for our very first cruise ever! It will be me (Aanna), DH (chab), DD 13 (Heidi), DS 11 (Alex), and my parents (Heinz and Sandy). It's nominally for my parent's 50th anniversary, but I think we're packing just about every celebration we can think of into the trip.

I love combining celebrations! Makes things much more fun!

Welcome! What a great family gathering for a great occasion. We are on the same deck! Y'all have been added to page one.

We just booked as well! This would be our second Disney cruise, our kids will be 4 & 6, and we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on this cruise! I'm just debating on switching our room...I'm wondering if deck 2 forward will be rough on a TA? We stayed deck 5 midship for our last Caribbean. Also debating ocean vs veranda. We're Canadian so our lower dollar factors in on our budget. What ever stateroom we end up with I'm so excited to see Spain and Portugal!

We just booked as well! This would be our second Disney cruise, our kids will be 4 & 6, and we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on this cruise! I'm just debating on switching our room...I'm wondering if deck 2 forward will be rough on a TA? We stayed deck 5 midship for our last Caribbean. Also debating ocean vs veranda. We're Canadian so our lower dollar factors in on our budget. What ever stateroom we end up with I'm so excited to see Spain and Portugal!

In all honestly until we actually get this years TA done I'm not sure whether anyone can answer your question specifically related to DCL as the TA's in the past have always been central (to Caribbean rather than upwards to NY). I don't remember anyone mentioning it being rough on the last few but as said we were going a different way.

I'm in an inside room as I know full well I will get no use out of a verandah. I find I am always out of my room and therefore the extra money just can't be justified. I think if you are likely to spend time in your room then it might be worth it. The only thing I am a little gutted about not having a balcony is seeing the statue of liberty but I'm just going to head up on deck at stupid o'clock to get a picture lol

Our one treat is always a balcony. If the pricing doesn't fit our budget, we get an oceanview. I am obsessed with watching the ocean and the marine you catch is always worth it. Sometimes my husband and I sit on our balcony until 1 or 2 a.m. watching the stars or a storm in the distance -- or islands passing by. After 15 cruises, we have found that the balcony really extends our room and becomes our major hang our place. We are not pool people and don't lounge in the sun. the balcony affords us the ability to sit out there in our pjs or jump up at wee hours to watch us sail into port, etc. We have never done an inside -- it's just not for us (I need to be able to see outside and have natural light), but I know you save huge bucks by doing an inside room.

As far as forward -- the only experience I've had with a forward room was on the Wonder in the South Caribbean on a 10-day. It was the only time I got sea sick because I could feel every swell and rise of the bow. However, not everyone experiences that and many like the front. We always do mid-aft or aft. Let me know what section you are in and I will add it to your info on page one.

Our list is growing nicely. :yay: Anytime anyone wants to add more information to their name, just let me know.

Hi everyone! Me (Joyce) and my soon to be husband Rik will do this cruise as our HONEYMOON! :love: By then I will be 27 and he will be 29.

Oh my goodness you guys, I can't even begin to explain how excited I am! The thing is, we're getting married on September 8th 2017 and just yesterday my parents surprised us by giving us our wedding gift already which is a honeymoon on a Disney cruise of our choice! :worship: They wanted to give it now so that we can book everything far in advance and that there is no risk for us to decide to book a different (much smaller) trip for after we get married. Since we're from the Netherlands, starting in Barcelona is ideal for us. Gosh I'm so happy! :D This will be our first cruise and it's a dream coming true!

Let it be september 2017 fast please! :P

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Me (Joyce) and my soon to be husband Rik will do this cruise as our HONEYMOON! :love: By then I will be 27 and he will be 29.

Oh my goodness you guys, I can't even begin to explain how excited I am! The thing is, we're getting married on September 8th 2017 and just yesterday my parents surprised us by giving us our wedding gift already which is a honeymoon on a Disney cruise of our choice! :worship: They wanted to give it now so that we can book everything far in advance and that there is no risk for us to decide to book a different (much smaller) trip for after we get married. Since we're from the Netherlands, starting in Barcelona is ideal for us. Gosh I'm so happy! :D This will be our first cruise and it's a dream coming true!

Let it be september 2017 fast please! :P

Joyce, :welcome: and a big CONGRATULATIONS! How very exciting -- we will have newlyweds among us. What a wonderful wedding present -- and to be honest, the Disney cruise is an ideal way to spend your honeymoon because you know you will get top notch treatment. Be sure when you book to tell them it is your honeymoon so they can let your stewards and dining staff know!

If there is anything we can do to help -- questions, tips, etc. -- don't hesitate to ask.

I will add you to the first page. When you get more details about your room, let me know.

Hello. We were on the fence about this cruise but I think we are finally a go. I will be traveling with my DH and my DD who will be 2.5 at the time of the cruise, as well as my parents. I did the WBTA in 2007, but this will be DH first TA and DD first cruise.

We are staying in a cat 11b Room 6503.

I cannot wait for this cruise!

Hello. We were on the fence about this cruise but I think we are finally a go. I will be traveling with my DH and my DD who will be 2.5 at the time of the cruise, as well as my parents. I did the WBTA in 2007, but this will be DH first TA and DD first cruise.

Welcome! I was on the 07 one too! Hopefully it will be fantastic!

Welcome back to another WBTA! We also did 2007. It's going to be like a reunion of sorts. I will add your info to the first page.

Hi all, we are on this one! This is our first TA, but we have other Disney cruises under our belt. Right now I have 2 trips to the World and 1 cruise planned before I begin focusing on this trip :) Just wanted to pop in and say hi! We are spending 4 weeks touring Europe before the cruise and then will spend 2 days in NYC before taking the Amtrak cross country back home.

We are a family of 5 with 3 kids that will be ages 9DDS,11DS & 12DD next year :)

Hi DisneyMommyMichelle!

We did the Amtrak cross country with our kids 2 years ago: it was wonderful!! Sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned!

DH and I did 2 WBTAs. We never had a rough day or night. We were expecting it too. We've seen pods of dolphins, schools of flying fish, no planes or other ships or boats on sea days.

Hi, All:

It's early I know, but thought I'd give this a whirl. Never done a cruise meet thread before, but love chatting and helping with information, so here we go. :hyper:

This will be our 11th Disney cruise for my DH and DD and me. We did the TA in 2007 and are very excited to be going back to Barcelona. All the ports are new for us except Cadiz -- but when visiting there we did an excursion to Seville, so Cadiz will be "new" in a way.

If you are interested in posting your stateroom number and guests, I'll be glad to start a list.

If you want to provide links of information for ports, transportation, etc., I'll post the links on the first page.

Any suggestions for topics or information are most welcome. It all starts below.
So :welcome: to one and all. .....And happy planning. :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter