9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if they do fireworks on this trip or are they only able to do it in the waters near Castaway Cay? Thanks!

We had fireworks on the Magic on both our Med and WBTA in 2007. Now someone more recent would have to answer for more current cruises. I hope they do -- always thought it was cool that they were the only cruiseline to be able to do that.

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if they do fireworks on this trip or are they only able to do it in the waters near Castaway Cay? Thanks!

Yep fireworks in 2014 and we didn't go to Castaway (and in 2015 but we did). I think once this years is done we will know for sure but I think we will have Pirate night and also probably Frozen night.

Gosh I cannot wait to expierence all this great stuff you are talkin about. Fireworks? Deck parties? Count us in! :yay:

Gosh I cannot wait to expierence all this great stuff you are talkin about. Fireworks? Deck parties? Count us in! :yay:

And you know, that stuff never gets old. We have sailed 10 Disney cruises and I still get excited about getting to the terminal and the sailaway party and (my favorite) the fireworks.

Funny comparisons: Our second cruise out of PC and we were docked next to a large white boxy looking ship (never saw the name) and passengers were milling about on deck. We didn't hear any music or excitement, and suddenly the ship was sailing out as quiet as can be. Then we sail out and it's like Mardi Gras onboard.

My husband's co-worker went on a Carnival cruise years ago and as they were up on deck, they heard music in the distance. And sailing by them came a Disney ship. He said it sounded like they were having a blast and he could see everyone happy and dancing -- while on his ship there was nothing going on. He told his wife and kids....next time we're going on Disney :rotfl:

And you know, that stuff never gets old. We have sailed 10 Disney cruises and I still get excited about getting to the terminal and the sailaway party and (my favorite) the fireworks.

Funny comparisons: Our second cruise out of PC and we were docked next to a large white boxy looking ship (never saw the name) and passengers were milling about on deck. We didn't hear any music or excitement, and suddenly the ship was sailing out as quiet as can be. Then we sail out and it's like Mardi Gras onboard.

My husband's co-worker went on a Carnival cruise years ago and as they were up on deck, they heard music in the distance. And sailing by them came a Disney ship. He said it sounded like they were having a blast and he could see everyone happy and dancing -- while on his ship there was nothing going on. He told his wife and kids....next time we're going on Disney :rotfl:

Hahaha lol, that's so funny. Disney is just better in every way, right. :smooth:

We should have a Frozen night. It's starting on Magic I believe in October.
One question from me. Have any of you been to Nova Scotia or Newfoundland in September ?
We live in the desert of Arizona, we still have temperatures in the 100° that time of year. Will we need what type of warmer clothes ?

We had Frozen night on our 2015 Magic Baltics cruise. It was actually more fun than I expected.

One question from me. Have any of you been to Nova Scotia or Newfoundland in September ?
We live in the desert of Arizona, we still have temperatures in the 100° that time of year. Will we need what type of warmer clothes ?

I have not been, but I have a friend who lives around those parts. It will definitely be cooler than Arizona and even probably Spain where the cruise starts, but likely not very cold. Probably in the low 60s and perhaps colder at night. New York can still be (relatively) warm that time of year, though. In the mid 70s during the day. Comparing any temperature to Arizona in terms of heat is going to make everything else seem cold, haha!

We did a Canada/New England cruise in October that stopped all through Canada, Nova Scotia and St. John, New Brunswick. We never needed more than a light sweater or hoodie, but did have rain jackets just in case. St. John was much hotter than I would have expected that day.

We had Frozen night on our 2015 Magic Baltics cruise. It was actually more fun than I expected.

Did they give out snowflake necklaces? I read something about them early on but am not sure if it is standard or only when it first started.

Did they give out snowflake necklaces? I read something about them early on but am not sure if it is standard or only when it first started.

Yes, we got the snowflake necklaces. I brought mine to wear during last year's MVMCP in WDW but forgot it back in our room.

I haven't been to Newfloundland but I'm Canadian (we're in the west) I heard the weather can be pretty unpredictable. It could be warm and pleasant or cool, rainy and windy. I'd definitely bring a jacket for St Johns. I'm assuming we would need also need one for NY anyway?

Yes we got these last year on the TA for it. They light up! Also last year (as the TA was one of the last scheduled Frozen nights) all the frozen night merchandise was reduced in the shop so keep an eye out for it!

I haven't been to Newfloundland but I'm Canadian (we're in the west) I heard the weather can be pretty unpredictable. It could be warm and pleasant or cool, rainy and windy. I'd definitely bring a jacket for St Johns. I'm assuming we would need also need one for NY anyway?

New York in September is rarely cold. Likely in the 70s, maybe high 60s at night. A light jacket is the most you would need. (Unless there's some sort of freak "The Day After Tomorrow" situation, but then we'll all have bigger problems.)

New York in September is rarely cold. Likely in the 70s, maybe high 60s at night. A light jacket is the most you would need. (Unless there's some sort of freak "The Day After Tomorrow" situation, but then we'll all have bigger problems.)

:scared1::rotfl2:

lol! :joker: do we have enough fuel to sail to Florida just in case?

Has anyone thought about what they are going to do once they get to New York? I'm probably going to fly out that day but was wondering about maybe doing a tour or something. Can't find much though out there as solo so if anyone else is thinking of anything similar let me know. I found a tour on Viator that includes luggage transport for £500 roughly for up to 5 people and luggage. https://www.viator.com/tours/New-Yo...vate-Tour/d687-3112PRTNYCPOSTL/important-info

I live near ny so I'm just going to take the train home- super easy. I've thought about hanging out in the city a bit if I can figure out what to do with my luggage.

I live near ny so I'm just going to take the train home- super easy. I've thought about hanging out in the city a bit if I can figure out what to do with my luggage.

I've found a few luggage storage companies that will pick up from the port which could be an option and then you just pick the luggage up when you need it from the looks of it. Never used them though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter