9 nights and 8 park days at Disney World too much ? Please read.

I’m definitely an outlier. We go to DW every year for 10 days to 2 weeks, in late feb into mid March. We are DVc and usually go to two different resorts. Last year we didn’t go to parks at all. This year, unfortunately , we will go epcot one day and then have midnight madness st the magic kingdom for another night. The parks hold little interest to me any more. My kids are older and love hanging out at the pool all day. My husband and I play tennis, swim, workout. We go out for nice meals every night. my husband usually it goes to vero beach by himself for a few days for spring baseball on that side of Florida. I’m glad so many of you still enjoy the parks, the waiting, the crowds. I’m just glad my husband and I can agree on this issue!

Hi !
Thank you again for your feedback! I made some minor modifications in order to have the rest time more spread evenly and same things with fireworks. Here is my new schedule:

My big question is would you leave as is or remove 1 disney park day and replace by Seaworld ?

Context:
- We are interested to rest for a few hours here and there but not a full rest day.
- Kids 3 1/2 and 5 1/2
- Extra Disney park = ~100$ where as Seaworld = ~500$ with uber.

I'm leaning towards keep this trip Disney only and next time when they are older perhaps do half Disney and half universal with Seaworld. I have a feeling the extra disney park day would be more or less a rest day (a few hours park and some resort/pool) where as if we go Seaworld it is going to be full day in park.

Sunday March 5th: (no park tickets)
-Arrival at All-Star Movies around noon
-Unpack, pool, etc.
- 5 PM dinner at Mediavles Times
- in bed around 9 PM

Monday March 6th (Magic Kingdom)
- Purchase Genie+
- Arrival ~8:30
- Dinner at BoG 5:05 PM
- Leave park after BoG
- Going to bed early

Tuesday March 7th (Hollywood Studios)
- Purchase Genie+
- Arrival ~8:00
- Leaving around noon for resort pools + nap
- Back at 4 PM
- Dinner Hollywood and Vine 5 PM (with Fantasmic! package)
- Fantasmic! at 8:30 PM
- back to hotel after Fantasmic!

Wednesday March 8th (Animal Kingdom)
- Arrival ~8:30
- Departure ~3-4 PM
- Dinner TBD
- Pool and going to bed early

Thursday March 9th (Magic Kingdom)
- Purchase Genie+
- 8 AM Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
- Leaving around noon-1PM for resort pools + nap
- Back around 5 PM for evening + Fireworks
- back to hotel after fireworks

Friday March 10th (Epcot)
- Purchase Genie+ (stacking)
- Pool at resorts in the morning
- Late arrival (~Noon-1PM)
- Dinner at Space 220 16:50
- Harmonius at 9 PM
- back to hotel after fireworks

Saturday March 11th (HS)
- Purchase Genie+ (stacking)
- Late Arrival (11AM-NOON)
- Sci-Fi 15:45 (Fantsmic! Package)
- Fantasmic! at 8:30 PM
- back to hotel after Fantasmic!

Sunday March 12th (AK or EPCOT) -- Based on kids preference
- Cellier at 17:00
- Harmonius again (if not tired)

Monday March 13th (Magic Kingim) -- LAST DAY
- Purchase Genie +
- Rest back to hotel at 1 PM if necessary
- Back to MK for evening + fireworks
know it will make you later back to your resort but after fireworks or evening shows I would stop for a snack and eat it before you head to your car or other transportation. let the crowd die down before you get in line

I vote no to Seaworld. Save the money, lots to do at Disney.

I also wouldn't do 2 Fantasmic shows. Waste of $$ on 2 packages as well as 2 later nights. If you do Fantasmic on Tues the 7th, consider a later arrival to Animal Kingdom the next day as the kids will be up later.

On arrival day, I'd cut out the Medieval times. Travel is hard on kids, you may have delays. Plus they will be in awe of the things around the resort. I'd just chill so they are well rested for the next couple of days. Unless your kids are obsessed with Knights. Although I've never been, so not sure about the "fighting", would it upset them?

Our first trip we went for 12 nights and had 10 days in the park. It was great to just go for a morning, go back and do something at another park for a few hours. Gave us lots of time to take rests and stop and smell the roses.

I haven't read the entirety of the thread here. We did 7 park days last year with a 5.5 and a 1.5 year old.

I agree with ditching medieval times, and honestly, unless you have a car rented with car seats, traveling outside the bubble with a kid who needs a 5 point restraint is more of a hassle than it's worth.

I also think 2 fantasmic shows is un-necessary.

Also be prepared for your kids to be absolutely different than at home. I can't pay my kids to sleep in at home, it's usually heated negotiations with the 1st grader to stay in her room until 7 AM on weekends/holidays. You know where they slept in...Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter