A ? about names on airline tickets.

Disney Forever

Disney Fanatic
I am making reservations to go with my 2 sons to WDW, my question is, the oldest one we call JOJO his real name is JOSEPH, and my youngest is HYMIE his real name is CHAIM. Can we put their nicknames on the tickets? will it cause a problem with the airlines? please let me know.

Thanks

Nathan

i wouldn't put their nicknames on the tickets, but i don't know for sure if it would cause a problem.

why take the risk that it would, though?

When I make my online reservations with NW, the form was very clear about using your formal name...the name is on your form of i.d.

Nicknames are not worth being held up in line for.

Herc.

You must use the LEGAL names of the passengers.

Anne

It has to match your ID. I have a co-worker whose first name is Mary, middle name Evelyn. She always goes by Evelyn. She put Evelyn on her air reservation. She ran into a problem at the airport because her drivers license says Mary E. They let her go, but it was a hassle.

I've also heard of new brides running into problems with their honeymoon. They put their air tickets in their new married name, but they have not changed their ID yet so it doesn't match up.

Do NOT use nicknames on airline tickets. I use a nickname exclusively (Most people don't know my real name!) and my assistant at work booked me a airline ticket fr a business trip. Under my nickname! I didn't look at it too closely until asked for my ID at the counter, and then what a mess! I almost missed the flight, it tookno less than 3 people to decide it was okay and they had to completely reissue the ticket. Now, if they are young enough they will not need to show ID but I would think having it in their legal names would be ALOT easier.

Jennifer
(which is my REAL name! LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter