A baby's best friend

disneymom3

<font color=green> I think I could adjust!! <br><f
Just wanted to say thanks for the previous posts regarding renting baby equiptment from a baby's best friend. They were great! We rented a double stroller from them for 12/1-12-12 and averything was perfect. Very clean stroller in perfect condition, easy pick up and drop off. the rate for the whole rental period was only $90 which I thought was quite reasonable.

My only problem or thing I would change is that we did a side by side and I would never do that again. While we loved having the storage baskets underneath, the tradeoff in how wide it was even when folded was a pain. We have always brought our own double from home before and have never had to get the kids out to board the monorail, plus it's compact enough to easily board the tram and the train. This one, you had to be in the wheelchair accessible car of the monorail and it was a beast for the tram and we didn't even bother on the train.

Overall, wonderful customer service! Mike and Tracy were pleasant and helpful and totally professional as well as knowledgeable about their products and the area hotels, etc. I had called another company to get a quote, but they could not even tell me what type of stroller they had for rental--not even for sure if the seats would fully recline or if there were storage baskets underneath. Obviously non-reclining seats and no storage are not equal to the other! So, we are happy we went with ABBF!

Dittos to all you said about A Baby's Best Friend ( www.abbf.com ) in Orlando. I have used them in the past for strollers and cribs, and was absolutely pleased with every item. The strollers are clean, newer models, and the cribs are full-size like at home, not the half-size hotel models, also extremely clean with fresh smelling linens.

I am so happy I found them; one more issue I can check off my list of things not to stress about on our trips!

:wave:

I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I've considered using them in the past and this may convince me. I second what you said about the side by side -- we had a side by side reclining umbrella, but it was SOOOO hard to get around and we had to fold it up for the monorail. I vowed then that I would never bring another side by side again.

We have rented from them 5 times this year..... everything was spotless and wonderful. On the last trip we tried the SIt and Stand stroller for the first time (we are thinking about buying one..... and what better way than to field test it at WDW) It worked out nicely for our 2 and 3 year olds......

I am glad to see others have had great experinces with them also!

(BTW) we have rented from them while staying both on site and off........ :-)

Goodness, how did this one get by me???

I (as well as many friends and family) also have used A Baby's Best Friend numerous times and have found them to be even better than the WebSite states. Everything is clean and ready to use, delivered to our resort before we even arrive. It is so nice to have this convenience, and their rates really are a great bargain compared to the parks rental charges!

:wave:

Originally posted by disneymom3
My only problem or thing I would change is that we did a side by side and I would never do that again. While we loved having the storage baskets underneath, the tradeoff in how wide it was even when folded was a pain. We have always brought our own double from home before and have never had to get the kids out to board the monorail, plus it's compact enough to easily board the tram and the train. This one, you had to be in the wheelchair accessible car of the monorail and it was a beast for the tram and we didn't even bother on the train.

We are thining about using this service for our upcoming trip, and would like to get the double stroller, but front/back instead. Would I still have to unload the kids from the stroller when getting on the monorail or anything??? What is your experience?

Laura
We ususally bring our front to back double when we fly. (We drove this last trip and didn't have room for the stroller.) We have never had to take the kids out of our own double. We just roll it in to one side of the divider and the kids sit in it while riding.

We are seriously considering this option and I have noticed that most of you said the stroller was waiting at the hotel when you arrived. We will be at the hotel at 10am and hoping for early checkin. would ABBF have the stoller there by then? we hope to get right on to the parks. Also how do you return the stroller? Do they come pick it up at the hotel??

We have a 31/2 year old and a 5 1/2 year old both weigh about 40 pounds. Does anyone have experience with the type with the Stand/sit option. Are you able to put stuff in the basket underneath that?? Also, How did they work on and off the monorail. I know my kids really want to go on the train in Disney. Would that be a problem. Does it fold up nice??

Thanks for any input!!

Cmbar, If you ask they can have it at the hotel by 10....... and when you leave just bring it to the front desk/ valet guys and they will hold it until ABBF comes to pick it up.

As for the SnS stroller, I think it should work for your kids...... the basket is not the largest..... and hard to get into if your 5 year old is sitting in the back, but ya could just ask him to move for a second!

The Sns worked great on the monorail, but I am not sure about the train..... dont know if strollers are allowed on it..... maybe someone else does!

HTH

Strollers are allowed on the train if they fold up. Last trip we brought our Peg Perego double on it with no problem. Don't try to board at Adventureland though--uggh, those stairs!!

Originally posted by disneymom3
Laura
We ususally bring our front to back double when we fly. (We drove this last trip and didn't have room for the stroller.) We have never had to take the kids out of our own double. We just roll it in to one side of the divider and the kids sit in it while riding.

This is good information, as we are in a similar situation. We are driving from IA with our 3 children and absolutely wont have room for the stroller. ABBF sounds wonderful think Ill go reserve the stroller now. Woo Hoo one step closer can cross this off my list now. LOL

FYI I hapen to know that ABBF does not have a lot of the Sit and Stand strollers availibe....... (other stuff they are well stocked on..... and even once when they overbooked on bedrails, she stopped off and bought us a new set on they way to drop the stuff off...... I thought that was awesome..... real true customer service!)

Sooooooooo if ya want the SnS stroller, I would at least book that as early as posible! :teeth:

Laurabearz,

Thanks for the information on the SNS stollers (thanks everyone for the input as well) I am going to ABBF site right now to reserve the stroller!

Congrats on the baby. My sister is due with her fourth the same day!!!

Does anyone know if A Baby's Best Friend will deliver a booster or car seat to the airport?

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter