A couple of HRH questions...anyone??

Pegasus

Earning My Ears
First off, let me say again..this will be my husbands and mine first stay here ever so we are not familiar with anything other than what I have read on the boards.

I had asked before about room location, but no one responded. If there is a certain area/floor we should request, please let me know.

Also, I applied for a Loews First card, I have the number and I called back and put it on our reservation. Do I make mention of this at checkin or will it really matter? (is this how you get your welcome gift or is it an automatic thing?)

Parking price for hotel guests?

Are there balconies on the rooms? I cannot tell by the pic on line but it looks as though there isn't. I love to sit on a balcony early in the morning and drink my coffee while waking up :)

Robes? How do you get robes in your room? Is this just an item at the club level?

THANKS FOR ALL HELP ON ANY QUESTIONS! (can you tell I'm just a tad excited here!)

:D

There are no balconies which is why I don't think room location is all that important. You might not want to be too close to the ice machine or laundry room.
When we checked in I reminded them of my Loew's first number and they asked which perk we wanted. If they don't mention it, you should.
When we were there in July, the rates for parking were $5 a day for self parking.
We didn't care about the robes, so I can't help you there.
You will love this place and the parks. July was my first visit there and I hope I have many more!

Hi Pegasus,

I've only stayed at the Portofino so I can't help with room location.

You should mention that you're a Loews member when you check in but I've heard mixed reviews about people getting their welcome gift. Sometimes you have to call the front desk a few times.

Wish I could help more. While you're waiting for responses, you might try using the search feature for things like "Hotel parking" or maybe "parking fee". People on this board are using pretty good about answering questions though!

Good luck! Have a great trip!

Hi Pegasus, :)

I recently stayed at Hard Rock and was upgraded. When is your trip? What room type did you book? I have always has better luck leaving it to the check in to request an upgrade...you stand a better upgrade, just my opinion. I havent been disapointed yet. Once I requested a room/wing and at check in was told the that they hadnt fulfilled my request....they had given me a better upgrade. At time of check in request the upgrade and you should be given the best available...if you arent happy you can always go back and request again. Why limit your options before getting there. Robes are usually in the club rooms however we had robes in our deluxe poolview room. If you dont just call Star Services and ask that they send 2 up:)

Any other questions. just ask:) We loved this hotel and had a great trip!

Thanks to all for the responses.

JessicaR, we are staying there Nov 2,3 and 4th. I have a pool view reserved as that was all they had when we called. I guess thats a good thing? lol

I am so excited to stay there! This will be a whole new experience for us both.

:D

We stayed in June at HRH. Let me tell you FOTL and walking to US IOA was "the best". VERY RELAXING! Our room overlooked the pool too. What a view. The only thing I had wish I had was disposable cups, they only provide glass. You will have a great time.

Yes, poolview is great! Maybe you can get a deluxe poolview upgrade! Maybe even a club room. Did you book a discounted rate? Even w/o an upgrade you are going to love the room and the poolview, its very nice:)

We had a standard room view, but it was still a very nice view. We had a view of the garden area, near the boat dock. We were on the 4th floor, not very close to the elevators, but not a long walk to our room. I would agree about not getting a room close to the ice machine or the laundry room. There was no balcony in our room or robes. I'm not sure what the regular parking rates are. We used valet and it was $10/day. HRH is a wonderful hotel, you'll have a great time.

We stayed at HRH in August. We were on the 6th floor. I would not recommend being down the end of the hall. We had problems with maid service. Our room did not get made up until 4 pm each day. Hotel is great, clean and room size is wonderful. We had a deluxe room which I think is worth it. If there is only 2 of you, I think standard is definitely adequate. I agree that FOTL is the best ever. Don't forget to eat at Mythos. THat was the highlight of our trip.

Parking is $5 a night and valet is $10 a night. If you do not plan on leaving the area, I would suggest not doing valet.

You will have a wonderful time. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter