A dilemma

Sue F UK

Florida keeps me poor...but happy
OK - we have FINALLY bought our dream villa in Orlando and are desperate to go and visit it. Only problem is we can only squeeze in a trip on the 14th July for 7 nights.

I have spent today browsing many, many websites and have come up with the following:

Delta Airlines £1540 (2 Adults & 1 Child) flight only via Atlanta.
Virgin Atlantic £1960 - direct flight.

Both flights are from Manchester to Orlando International.

Dilemma is - do we go with Delta and save £400 or do we go with Virgin and save 3 hours and a connection.

Help!!

BTW - just incase you were ever considering going business class the Delta flight works out at £8,400 and for first class it is £18,000!!!! Maybe when we win the lottery :D

Hi Sue!

My friends had the same dilemma recently and opted to save the money and fly via Atlanta - however, I think I'd spend the extra and travel direct!

There, wasn't that a really helpful reply!!! ;)

Only 18,000 to travel first class - EEK!!! - er, I don't think so!

Astrid x

Sue

Have you looked at KLM? I can't get onto their website right now,, but I had an email from them recently that they were having a sale- you would have to change in Amsterdam, but the prices were Very cheap when I last looked (< £300 per person), we have paid £650ish for 2 adults and a child in June

I've only ever considered direct flight but DB uses an Atlanta plane change quite often and he travels with 2 children with no problems.

In the past we have done both and really found direct to be better.

If you fly into Atlanta you can clear immigration there and reduce your time at Orlando International and as the flight tends to arrive at Orlando, 6pm rather than 2:30, you avoid the queues for baggage and car pickup. On the down side Atlanta airport is huge and not very holiday orientated (felt like cattle) and don't forget you may be returning via this route and lose more of your precious Orlando time at the end of your holiday. The Delta flights are not really geared around holiday people more towards the business/ commuting population.

Are you collecting a car on or off airport as this will add time, lots if off airport.

IMHO I would bite the bullet and pay the extra for the 6 hours you will gain and the convienence, easy for me to say.

Hope this helps

96 Days and counting !!!!

Have you tried Opodo? For late August they are doing flights for 2 adults and 2 kids for a total of £1400. It is worth checking to see what they have for your dates. The website address is www.opodo.co.uk

Sue,

We had the very same issue. After a lot of web searching and telephone calls, I managed to get direct flights with Virgin from Manchester in October (half term week), 2 adults and 2 kids - £1600. Speak to Cara from Virgin Megastore - 0207 227 6816, she did a good job for me and I have only paid £400 deposit, the rest is due middle of August.

Jennie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter