A Disney Filled Spring Break-4 Parks & a Magical Cruise! *New 12/11- Completed!*

Joining in the fun!

Loving all the pics so far and awww ... you're son is such a sweetheart!!! :goodvibes

My mom decided, on our Epcot morning, that a scooter rental was the way to go for her. It's easy to have a 13 hour, 13 mile day in a Disney park and although, in my opinion, she's in pretty good shape, a day like that is just too much for her. It's really a bit much for Reagan, too. The scooter really helped though and both of them made it all the way through to Illusions this day. I have to admit that at an early dinner on this day I let Reagan try Coca-cola for the first (and only) time. It was just the little boost he needed to get him through the rest of the evening.

Scooter Nanny and Reagan!
ry%3D480

Our next destination was The Character Spot!
ry%3D480

Reagan had a Mickey hug!
ry%3D480

And he got an autograph for our scrapbook page!
ry%3D480

Reagan and Mickey!
ry%3D480

Nanny got his autograph, too...
ry%3D480

and the whole gang...
ry%3D480

Goofy was up next...
ry%3D480

Nanny was having fun with Goofy!
ry%3D480

And we had a picture all together...
ry%3D480

Hang on to your hat, Goofy!
ry%3D480

Minnie was next up and both Reagan and Nanny got her autograph...
ry%3D480

followed by a group picture...
ry%3D480

This turned out to be a fun stop along the way!
ry%3D480

Who did we come across next? Chip and Dale were just past the Character Spot!
ry%3D480

Another picture all together!
ry%3D480

Following that we were off to our next destination.... The Land! (coming up next!)

On the way...
ry%3D480

Following all our fun character meet and greets we were ready to get on another ride! We headed towards The Land building....
ry%3D480

We are originally a west coast family and grew up going to Disneyland in CA. This was only our second visit to Epcot and our first visit to The Land. We were excited to be exploring a new Disney area. I really thought we'd be riding Soarin'
ry%3D480

... but the stand by line was very long. Just last night I booked a FP for Soarin' during my visit in June. I did ride Soarin' at California Adventure and I'm assuming it is pretty similar but I'm still looking forward to it.

The Land building is a very pretty space...
ry%3D480

We ended up checking out Living with the Land...
ry%3D480

My mom really loved the way the walls were painted in this queue area. She's a quilter so this middle one is especially applicable...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

This must be her "I love these walls so much!" expression...
ry%3D480

Once we were in our boat and on our way we enjoyed the sights along the way. The farmhouse...
ry%3D480

Taking it all in...
ry%3D480

The variety of things they have growing in here is amazing...
ry%3D480

A pretty water lily garden...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Can you make out the hidden Mickey hose in the distance?
ry%3D480

This next one is my favorite picture from this ride. I like my mom's ears along with the Mickey shaped garden plant...
ry%3D480

Back outside we continued to enjoy the sights of Epcot...
ry%3D480

Coming up next... The butterfly garden!

We haven't ever rode the land. It looms interesting. I love your photos! Especially the one with you mom and her Mickey ears!

This area was incredibly sweet. The little fairy houses were my favorite! Big Butterfly Topiaries announce the location...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Here's one of many little fairy houses to come. Aren't they sweet!?
ry%3D480

Incredibly creative! They make me want to build some of my own!
ry%3D480

The little houses full of crysalis...
ry%3D480

This photo shows how this entire area is within a greenhouse which makes sense for keeping the butterflies within...
ry%3D480

Can you imagine if making these little fairy houses was your job?
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

So clever!
ry%3D480

I just love them!
ry%3D480

This one looks like it was made atop a child' pull along toy...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Time to head back out of the butterfly garden. Everywhere you turn there is something pretty!

ry%3D480

Here is some of the Flower and Garden merchandise that I liked...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagan has a playhouse with a gnome theme so the gnomes always grab my attention...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I regretted not buying a pin for the event while at the park but I was able to find one online once back home.
ry%3D480

Up next.... some fun just for Reagan!

The butterfly houses are so sweet! We skileed this part this year and now I wish we hadn't. There is just so much to see at Epcot!

As we wandered through Epcot to our next destination Reagan decided to do a bit of shopping for a new ear hat. He's been wearing the same ears since he was 6 months old and he thinks they're getting a bit small. Those first ears are such a sweet memory for me!
ry%3D480

The first hat he tried was Goofy inspired...
ry%3D480

We all really liked this one but then we thought about the Florida heat and how Reagan tends to get hot easily anyway and decided against it....
ry%3D480

The winner was....*drum roll*..... his first choice. The Goofy ears....
ry%3D480

And since we were here we got another pic of the Goofy / Donald soccer topiaries....
ry%3D480

Our real destination was....
ry%3D480

I know how much I enjoy exploring World Showcase as an adult and really Reagan is easily entertained, too but I knew, with his love of Phineas and Ferb, that he'd really enjoy this activity through the World Showcase.

We took in the kiosk details and Reagan got his assignment!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Hi guys!
ry%3D480

Our agent with his spy phone....
ry%3D480

He received a mission in Mexico. On our way there we got another peek at the Sorcerer Mickey topiary along with the Fantasia brooms. This is a movie that is hard for me to get but Reagan is a really imaginative, visual boy and he went through a phase where he couldn't get enough of it.
ry%3D480

We've reached our destination! The Mexico pavillion...
ry%3D480

Reagan with his secret spy message!
ry%3D480

The message pops up once you arrive where you are supposed to be. It gives you instructions on where to stand and what to look for and then you get your next message.
ry%3D480

Just casually doing a little spy work....
ry%3D480

The clues led you to this parrot and then once you approached the parrot with your spy phone it began to talk in a Dr. Doofenshmirtz voice and told you what you needed to know to move on with your mission...
ry%3D480

That is Reagan underneath there all incognito...
ry%3D480

He's a busy spy boy...
ry%3D480

More disguises...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

As you stood in certain places and pointed your phone towards where it told you to scenes would be activated and characters from Phineas and Ferb would appear....
ry%3D480

Little things occurred on the different balconies within the Mexico pavilion...
ry%3D480

Reagan made it through his mission and there was a place just outside the pavilion to turn in the spy phone. This was fun! If we had endless time for Disney fun I would have liked for him to be able to complete missions in other countries, too.

Up next.... More Mexico!

Following the Phineas and Ferb spy fun we took in the rest of Mexico. We still had a few things to accomplish. One was the Gran Fiesta Tour!
ry%3D480

Fiesta Today!
ry%3D480

The party was in full swing!
ry%3D480

It's a Donald pinata!
ry%3D480

Donald must have gone for a swim. He left his little sailor coat here...
ry%3D480

Looks like a successful fiesta!
ry%3D480

Cute, colorful fiesta flags!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Viva Donald!
ry%3D480

and Adios...
ry%3D480

The sights around Mexico brought more fun colors and a fiesta feeling!
ry%3D480

There was a great mariachi band playing near by....
ry%3D480

My mom was feeling a little hungry so she grabbed nachos and a margarita and sat in the outdoor seating area by the Mexico pavilion while Reagan and I went to meet Donald in his sombrero and serape. Autographs first....
ry%3D480

My sweet boy!
ry%3D480

I like the backround this wall makes for the photos...
ry%3D480

And then a picture all together...
ry%3D480

Reagan also participated in a Kidcot activity here where he could either color a Duffy or a Perry the Platypus puppet type craft. He did that for a bit before we moved on.

We were all VERY much looking forward to our next stop which included our favorite Disney bear....stay tuned!

Great character pics! Reagan looks like he was loving the scooter :)

The butterfly houses are beautiful!

Love Reagan's new hat choice!

So fun that you tried out the Phineas & Ferb activity :)

As we waited in line we read through the story of Duffy again...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Sorry for the shadows...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagam started by getting a big Duffy hug!
ry%3D480

and then he got his autograph...
ry%3D480

and Nanny got Duffy's autograph, too...
ry%3D480

Reagan waited patiently...
ry%3D480

Finally it was my turn for a snugly Duffy hug!
ry%3D480

And then we all cuddled up for a group picture....
ry%3D480

I like Duffy's backdrop with the different country posters. I think World Showcase is the perfect place for Duffy since in the story he kept Mickey company while Mickey traveled all over the world.
ry%3D480

The Duffy murals on the store across the way...
ry%3D480

Minnie with her sewing needle....
ry%3D480

We browsed around in this Duffy shop for awhile before moving on....
ry%3D480

Look how adorable the Duffy, Flower and Garden Gnome costume is!!
ry%3D480

I like the trunks and suitcases they use all over in their displays in this shop...
ry%3D480

So many sweet Duffys in all different costumes!
ry%3D480

We Love Duffy!:love:

Following along :surfweb:
Thanks for posting the fairy garden pictures from F&G. I make a fairy garden every year, and would loved to visit Epcot during that time of year.
Thanks again for sharing your TR.

Reagan looks so cute in his Mickey hat as a baby, but the goody hat upgrade is awesome!

I love the spy mission, I will have to try that with Goode when he is older.

Those Mexico margaritas are awesome, what a great break!

We love Duffy! It looks like it was a great meet.

Once we were done with Duffy and Mexico it was time to see some more of World Showcase. We were just getting started. There was still so much to cover.
ry%3D480

We quickly passed back through Mexico....
ry%3D480

And into Norway. We planned to spend a bit of time here.
ry%3D480

They had a frozen inspired display of miniatures...
ry%3D480

I went into the gift shop in Norway and saw that you could get a peek at Ana and Elsa from the backside of the line....
ry%3D480

We rode the Maelstrom while in Norway...
ry%3D480

Our viking ship awaits...
ry%3D480

Norway trolls.... Do you think these are Norway inspired or Frozen inspired? Maybe its all the same....
ry%3D480

An Ana window in Norway....
ry%3D480

Reagan with the Viking statue...
ry%3D480

I'm going to stop here.... Memorial Day weekend plans are pulling me away. It would be nice to post more to the trip report this weekend but it may have to wait until next week. A month from now I'm back in Disney so I feel a push to get through as much of this TR as I can. We'll see.... I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

We took in China next...... Panda topiary...
ry%3D480

The pagoda archway...(It probably has a better name than that)
ry%3D480

Some fun umbrellas...
ry%3D480

More China details...
ry%3D480

I love all the unique roof lines...
ry%3D480

An entrance guarded by chinese lion statues...
ry%3D480

Another area done so well by Disney!
ry%3D480

Mulan was out greeting but her line was closed so we just admired her from a distance this time. I'm hoping to meet her in June when I visit Orlando for a work conference. I'll have a bit of park time here and there.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A very pretty princess...
ry%3D480

I'll stop here and post Africa in the next entry....

As we entered Africa this Coca-Cola woody caught my eye...
ry%3D480

The drums are what had Reagan's attention!
ry%3D480

The never ending attention to detail blows me away...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagan was interested in having his face painted for a few days. He looked at the options at Downtown Disney the first night. The day before at Magic Kingdom he had mentioned wanting to. Back at the hotel he said that he'd like to find a place to have a dragon painted on his face. Well, when we were in Africa there was a face painting booth and they had a dragon option so I indulged the little guy.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

More fun musical instruments in Africa...
ry%3D480

Africa had a very cool Lion King topiary display. Rafiki and Simba....
ry%3D480

And a wider shot of it with two other lions...
ry%3D480

Timon and Pumba were nearby also...
ry%3D480

From another angle...
ry%3D480

A lovely view from Africa....
ry%3D480

More World Showcase coming up....

We continued on making our way through the World Showcase. Here are some sights from Germany....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagan spent quite a bit of time watching the train run through its landscape....
ry%3D480

Snow White and her adorable friends had my attention!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It is amazing how they can still capture the personalities so well while working with a medium like plants. What an artform!
ry%3D480

Kermit and Miss Piggy were nearby, too....
ry%3D480

Eventually Reagan had watched the train run it's entire track and he was ready to move on....
ry%3D480

A very serious pose with Kermit and Miss Piggy. Is it just me or is it hard to take a boy with a dragon on his face seriously?....
ry%3D480

Italy...
ry%3D480

Nanny and Reagan with lots of pretty flowers in the background...
ry%3D480

Lady and the Tramp were the topiary treat in Italy...
ry%3D480

An Epcot view from Italy...
ry%3D480

As we approached America Reagan was feeling a little hungry....
ry%3D480

A Mickey soft pretzel quickly solved that problem...
ry%3D480

Another nice view as we made our way around....
ry%3D480

(We'll come back to Japan in the next entry)

Morocco...
ry%3D480

I had hoped to meet Aladdin and Jasmine here but the greet wasn't to start for awhile and the line was already really long. I decided to pass on it. This is on my June Disney trip "to do" list as well....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I was enjoying taking in all the sights in Morocco...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A citrus tree of some sort...
ry%3D480

And a lovely centerpiece fountain...
ry%3D480

I'm running out of picture space in this entry so it's time to wrap this one up!

I had planned ahead for a treat for my Mom and I for while we were in Japan. I had pre-purchased two Cinderella inspired carriage charms, that a pearl could be tucked into, along with necklaces. That morning in the hotel I told here about that day's surprise.

After planning for this it was exciting to arrive in Japan!
ry%3D480

Once inside the shop I paid for our two pearls and we waited our turn. There is a cast member who helps the guest take the oyster they pick out of the counter pools and then proceeds to open the oyster, measure the pearl and celebrate their new treasure.
ry%3D480

She has drums and drumsticks she plays at the highlights of the pearl ceremonies...
ry%3D480

Soon enough it was our turn and we moved in front of her. In order to include Reagan in what was primarily a treat for my Mom and I we gave him complete control over picking our oysters.
ry%3D480

He did an amazing job. One that he chose had one fairly large pearl in it...
ry%3D480

The other....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

....had TWO pearls that measured 6 1/2.... Twins! We ended up with three pearls for the price of two! (btw... it was $15 to pick each oyster) She created a (not so) hidden Mickey from the pearls...
ry%3D480

She was very gracious with us and incredibly complimentary to Reagan about his pearl picking skills...
ry%3D480

So, we ended up putting the two size 6 1/2 pearls in the carriage charms I had pre-purchased. Here is my moms...
ry%3D480

The oyster with the two pearls inside was technically the one Reagan picked out as mine. They were a good size for the two carriages. This meant my mom still had an extra pearl to do something with. She looked through the display case of jewelry pieces she could have it mounted in and decided on a really pretty oyster shell charm. Here is a picture I took of it when she wore it during the cruise a few days later. I'm trying to recall the exact size. It was larger than average. Something like 8 1/2 or 9. Anyway.... it reminds me a bit of the Little Mermaid. The whole Pick-a-Pearl experience was a great one for us!
ry%3D400

Back outside in Japan.
ry%3D480

Reagan along with a zen garden in Japan....
ry%3D480

Next up.... France!

Yay Duffy! So adorable!

Great WS pictures. Love Reagan's face painting!

The Snow White topiaries are amazing!!

I love Pick A Pearl, how awesome that you got one with TWO pearls. And I love the setting your mom chose for the third pearl.

All caught up!

:cool1: Hooray! for twin pearls! That's something I enjoy on my trips - I have been collecting pearls with my DD since her first trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter