A Disney Filled Spring Break-4 Parks & a Magical Cruise! *New 12/11- Completed!*

Dinner our first night on the cruise was in Luminere's. This restaurant is right off the Grand Atrium and has a Beauty and the Beast theme...
ry%3D480

The napkins were very cleverly folded into little dinner jackets....
ry%3D480

The menu...
ry%3D480

The yummy bread service. Our table mates did not come this night but we did meet them another night. (More bread for us! ha!)
ry%3D480

Reagan kept busy with the activities on his kids menu...
ry%3D480

Like the menu one of the main lighting features also had the rose in it...
ry%3D480

And there was a great Beauty and the Beast themed mural...
ry%3D480

Sweet Disney Details!
ry%3D480

A shrimp appetizer...
ry%3D480

A meal just right for Reagan....
ry%3D480

the salad...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4dd03b3127ccef5f91ce1938f00000030O08AbsXDZu4bNAe3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00004687681720140323013154370.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/[/IMG

seafood pasta...
[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4dd03b3127ccef5f91ce1938f00000030O08AbsXDZu4bNAe3nwQ/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00004687681720140323013154370.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Mom had the beef but I was a little slow on getting the picture...
ry%3D480

Dessert for Reagan was a Mickey Bar! His favorite!
ry%3D480

Strawberry shortcake for me with a special Mickey touch!
ry%3D480

And Crème Brule for Nanny!
ry%3D480

When we came out of Luminere's Minnie was greeting right outside the restaurant! I was excited to get a picture with her in her cruise outfit!
ry%3D480

She is such a cutie!
ry%3D480

So is my mom!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

This duo was performing in the Atrium. I'll never forget when they performed Let it Go and especially how the little girls in their princess dresses danced and knew every single word.
ry%3D480

Reagan decided to spend just a little bit of time in Kids Club before the show that night. This pirate area was another section that I didn't see earlier during the open house.
ry%3D480

I'll stop here and pick up with the show and the rest of the night in the next entry...

Love your pics of the Sail Away Party! Perfect shots of Minnie and Mickey and the whole gang :thumbsup2 What a perfect first night's dinner - Luminere's is such a beautiful restaurant - would love to go on a Disney cruise someday and take my grandchildren. Loved both yours and your mom's dresses - very pretty!

I cracked up when Cap'n America commented to Reagan about not having grandma's ask for his autograph :lmao: I would want his autograph too - he's so cute!

The show on the ship the first night was Twice Charmed. We watched three shows on the ship and I liked all of them. This was probably my second fave of the three.
ry%3D480

Reagan wanted popcorn and as he was purchasing some I took a picture because that's what I do..... photograph it all. The popcorn guy was joking around and acting very flattered that we wanted his picture....
ry%3D480

I'm not sure if it was my idea or Reagan's but as we were goofing around with him we decided to ask for his autograph, too. It was all pretty amusing.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The popcorn situation is a bit peculiar because most things are included in the cruise fare but popcorn you have to pay extra for. hmmmmm? not sure... All that matters is that Reagan has his popcorn and is happily munching away...
ry%3D480

Twice Charmed is Cinderella themed...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And they lived happily ever after...
ry%3D480

Where ever I went on the ship I spotted Disney artwork that I liked! I was increidibly excited to be visiting Castaway Cay in a couple of days!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

When we left the theatre we passed through Shutters, which is the photo studio on board. I really liked the way they organized the photos they take! This was my 12th cruise but first with Disney and usually you have to spend a lot of time trying to find your cabin's photos among everyone on the ships photos. Here they use Disney magic to place all of your cabins photos in one place for you to easily access and view. Pure Genius!
ry%3D480

My mom and Reagan were ready to go back to the room at this point but I wandered the ship some more and met a few more Disney friends...

Rapunzel!
ry%3D480

She has the best personality!
ry%3D480

The night was still young and Mickey was greeting in his Captains outfit. How could I pass on that!?! Mouse hugs!! The best!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Cinderella was nearby, too so she was next...
ry%3D480

She's a perfect princess! It was fun to meet her this night following the show, too.
ry%3D480

As I returned to the cabin I took a picture of our Fish Extender and door decorations...
ry%3D480

I found sweet Reagan fast asleep and tucked in with Mickey and Pluto...
ry%3D480

There was also a lot more Fish Extender gifts inside that my mom had brought in when they returned earlier!
ry%3D480

Lots of goodies!
ry%3D480

I ended up sending the red pirate mickey bag to the Guest Relations counter and they had all the characters sign it for Reagan.
ry%3D480

Our towel animal that first night...
ry%3D480

And last but not least... the adorable Sleepy pillow mints!
ry%3D480

Our first full day on board the cruise (Sat) was the day I sat aside for delivering our Fish Extender exchange gifts. Reagan woke up early with me and wanted to come along which made it even more fun for me. Here he is all set to go in front of our door. Some of the fish extender deliveries from the day before were magnetic door decorations so the display on the door has grown a bit ...
ry%3D400

We found our first delivery point. I took pictures of the fish extender and doors for each in our group. I think our group was a total of 12 cabins participating. I like the name tag door decorations!
ry%3D480

For this next cabin while we were preparing for the fish extender I found out the mom was celebrating her 40th birthday on the cruise. In addition to the normal gifts I made the "40" birthday hat for the porthole on the door and a birthday sign down below.
ry%3D480

So many cute doors!
ry%3D400

Reagan made it through about 1/4 or 1/3 of the deliveries before he was tired of walking all over the ship to deliver goodies. He was also hungry so we found him some breakfast and then he went back to the cabin for some R&R with Nanny.

Before long I was back to my deliveries...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

At one point during this round of deliveries I ran into Meg, who is LifeisDis here on the boards. I had been reading her trip reports for quite a while and it was a pleasure to get to meet her and her mom on this cruise. We were both out making our deliveries and ran into each other a few times this morning and then a couple more times during the cruise. It was nice to see them everytime! This is their decorated door and fish extender.
ry%3D480

This may be the last delivery....
ry%3D480

Back at our own door...
ry%3D480

There were more presents! The gift to the left was from Meg and her mom. It had all you needed to make ice cream sundaes. And you could use the soft serve on the ship to do it. Very clever! They decorated Mickey bowls that have been fun to use at home since.
ry%3D480

I didn't talk much about what we delivered here but in the very first couple of entries I shared our fish extender gifts.

It was still pretty early in the morning. Reagan was playing with his new Lego sets from Downtown Disney the day before in the room. He and my mom were watching Disney channel in the room and neither one of them had any intention of going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not good at sitting and not doing much so I headed back out to check out the ship some more. Along the way I ran into Peter Pan! We had a nice visit then posed for a picture.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I was a bit hungry by this point and decided to head back down into Luminere's for breakfast. The breakfast menu...
ry%3D480

Yummmmmm! I could go for some of these right now! It's breakfast time in PA right now. I'm making pancakes for us in a few minutes but this looks so good! Eggs Benedict!
ry%3D480

I had Minnie and Mickey waffles, too!
ry%3D480

I had the travel coffee mug the travel agent gave us with me and since I had coffee with my breakfast I decided to fill it for my mom and when I asked the server for coffee to bring to my mom they suggested bringing her breakfast, too. Yes, please! So I decided on the cream stuffed waffles for her. I also gave her my Minnie waffle. They were pros at this and had the food cover and silverware set to go for me. My mom was thrilled at her room service! This may have further prolonged getting them out of the room though.
ry%3D480

More from the morning coming up!

While my Mom and Reagan continued to enjoy some downtime relaxing in our stateroom I headed back out again. There was something about meeting princesses listed in the Navigator. When I arrived in the Atrium the princesses were just arriving. There were four all at once. Princess overload! You just began with one and made your way through to meet them all.

They all waved hello from the upper level first...
ry%3D480

And then they made their way down the staircase ...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

They were all very pretty princesses! Tiana was first...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Rapunzel was next...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I visited with Cinderella after Rapunzel...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And last was Belle...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I enjoyed this princess meet and greet more than one grown up probably should but I can't help it! Disney turns me into a kid again! On that note it's time to head to the pool!

Such a cute pic of Reagan with his popcorn! That is pretty strange that you have to pay extra for that.

Love all the character pics, as well as the pics of all the decorated doors!

I stopped back by the room to see how my Mom and Reagan were doing. They were still content in the room. I wanted to go to the pool and they promised to join me there soon.

Cars was playing on the poolside movie screen...
ry%3D480

We were docked in Nassau, Bahamas but planned to stay on the ship. We have been to Nassau a few times and with such a short cruise enjoying the ship this day sounded best to us. Last time we visited we were at Atlantis and it was fun to see the resort from the ship this morning....
ry%3D480

I got the bright idea that I should try the Aqua Dunk slide. I'm not sure what got into me...
ry%3D480

The sign with Donald makes it look like it will be all fun and games!
ry%3D480

I remember that initial drop being a lot longer and steeper than it appears in this next picture...
ry%3D480

Such happy sights!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

One of the pool areas...
ry%3D480

Another Nassau view...
ry%3D480

I think this is the Bridge pool for officers...
ry%3D480

When I was a teenager we stayed 10 days at one of the hotels along this beach. The hotel had a pool on the roof and we had a great vacation!
ry%3D480

Okay.... back to the Aqua Dunk..... You step inside of a tube and they close the cover. You cross your feet and your arms over your chest. Then the ground drops out from underneath you. I really, really, really, REALLY didn't like this! I don't know why I thought I wanted to try this. I guess I'm glad to say I did it but I did not like it and I can't imagine ever doing it again. Not.my.thing! Eeek..... just thinking of it makes me all uncomfortable!
ry%3D480

It turns out that I'm more of a Twist-n-Spout girl. That's the yellow slide in this next pic...
ry%3D480

No big drop....just fun turns, etc...
ry%3D480

The area under the slide is very cute! It's a splash pad for kids...
ry%3D480

The boilers...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

This area is called the Aqua Lab...
ry%3D480

And the area for the very small children is called the Splash Zone. LOVE the Huey, Duey and Louie....
ry%3D480

And there is a kids pool next to it...
ry%3D480

The Twist n Spout entrance...
ry%3D480

Reagan and I rode the Twist n Spout together once he and my Mom arrived at the pool...
ry%3D480

Quacks is the poolside shop for things like sunblock, souvenir towels, etc...
ry%3D480

Boiler Bites is one of the poolside counter service restaurants...
ry%3D480

I pin traded for this Minnie anchor pin that is one of my favorite pins ever! I was able to trade for a few more character anchors during the cruise but the Minnie is a favorite for sure...
ry%3D400

I'm out of photo space in this entry so I'll post more poolside in the next entry...

Shortly after my Mom and Reagan arrived we had some ice cream!
ry%3D480

or EYE SCREAM if you prefer...
ry%3D480

They have soft serve that you help yourself to.
ry%3D480

Yum!
ry%3D480

Pinocchio's Pizzeria is another poolside treat!
ry%3D480

I had the Hawaiian ham and pineapple pizza...
ry%3D480

We also used the nice refillable mugs that we were given as Fish Extender gifts...
ry%3D480

Somehow I got involved in some sort of game where you search through a diaper bag blindfolded to find baby items...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Mom ordered Margaritas for us!
ry%3D480

And we took Reagan over to the kids pool...
ry%3D480

Chip and Dale were greeting poolside so I went over to say hi...
ry%3D480

The Characters came one after another at this point. Pluto was next!
ry%3D480

This one with Reagan and Pluto is so cute!
ry%3D480

The three of us!
ry%3D480

Just relaxing by the pool!
ry%3D480

Toy Story came on the big screen....
ry%3D480

Reagan made another cone to enjoy while he watched Toy Story!
ry%3D480

Look who came poolside!
ry%3D480

Reagan was too busy with the cone and movie to come and see Minnie and Mickey but he did join in the fun for Donald and Daisy...
ry%3D480

They are SO cute in their tropical outfits!
ry%3D480

Our time poolside was fantastic and added a different feel to the vacation that I really enjoyed! More fun on board to come!

Reagan spotted the arcade near the pool and wanted to check it out...
ry%3D480

It was pretty impressive!
ry%3D480

You load money onto a gift type card to use in the arcade. We added $10 which may have been the smallest increment.
ry%3D480

Reagan tried the Fruit Ninja game...
ry%3D480

...and a motorcycle racing game...
ry%3D480

He flew an aircraft!
ry%3D480

And he gave Monkey Ball a try!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Evening was approaching and it was Pirate Night on the ship! I had given Reagan a special Disney Store costume at Christmas with the cruise in mind. After Halloween I found a great deal on it and it fit him so nicely for the cruise. Our Hook! along with the main mouse!
ry%3D480

such a fun memory!
ry%3D480

I had Reagan pose in front of this backdrop that wasn't being used...
ry%3D480

Stitch was greeting in his Pirate costume, too. Reagan got his autograph...
ry%3D480

And then Stitch taught Reagan how to make scary claws...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And a picture all together...
ry%3D480

Minnie was next and just before Reagan met her he told me he planned to take off his hat and bow to her. I thought this was incredibly sweet! He has his hat off and is starting to bow in this next pic. I didn't capture the moment as well as I would have liked....
ry%3D480

Minnie seemed very flattered by his politeness and those around us in line all "awwwed" in unison. It was a sweet gesture.
ry%3D480

I love this one!
ry%3D480

I always sneak in at the end...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

A special meet was next! Hook admired Reagan's autograph book!
ry%3D480

And so did his attendant (who you might recognize as Peter Pan... shhhhh....)
ry%3D480

Reagan has a hook hand from the POTC dump shop as well but was opposed to wearing it this night. I'm not sure why....
ry%3D480

He has a sweet smile here...
ry%3D480

One more...
ry%3D480

I'm at my picture limit again so I'll stop here and pick up with more Pirate Night in my next post...

Great pool pics! Yeah, that slide does sound a little scary!

Love the anchor pin!

Love all the pictures of you 3 by the pool and with the characters, looks so fun!

Reagan looks great in his costume :)

We had just one more pirate on our "to meet" list.... Captain Jack!
As usual we started with autographs....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And then we got to the posing part...
ry%3D480

Jack played his character quite well...
ry%3D480

This meet was another really fun trip memory!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We had worked up an appetite meeting pirates! It was time for dinner. This was our Animator's Palate night!
ry%3D480

This restaurant turned out to me so amazing!
ry%3D480

I loved every detail!
ry%3D480

Doesn't it make you want to spend time drawing at the Animation Academy!
ry%3D480

The fun goes on and on...
ry%3D480

The Maitre d was kind enough to let me take his photo as we entered. I like their checkered sports coats....
ry%3D480

The menu...
ry%3D480

For pirate night they gave each of us a Mickey bandanna...
ry%3D480

Look how adorable the table number markers are!
ry%3D480

Yummy appetizers! and soups
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagan's meal.... since this trip I have started to dispense ketchup in the shape of Mickey. It taste twice as good!
ry%3D480

My delicious dinner!
ry%3D480

The awesome ceiling!
ry%3D480

Animated movies filled the screens...
ry%3D480

Continuing on with Animator's Palate....

ry%3D480

I enjoyed every moment of this meal! The Disney details were great!
ry%3D480

Thumper!
ry%3D480

Before long Sorcerer Mickey graced us with his presence!
ry%3D480

Great movie scenes continued to fill the walls...
ry%3D480

such a magical meal!
ry%3D480

All the dinning room cast members joined in the fun!
ry%3D480

The dessert menu! Time for a sweet treat!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Reagan went with an old favorite.... The Mickey Bar!
ry%3D480

I had a cookies n cream sundae...
ry%3D480

A great light fixture in the dinning room...
ry%3D480

I remember Reagan bringing me back into the dinning room as we were walking out. He wanted me to take a picture of the Cheshire Cat. It's good that I have a bit of company with my Disney detail obsession...
ry%3D480

I snapped a picture of my adorable mom and she made her way through the art gallery. She seems thrilled I'm taking her picture!
ry%3D480

We stopped by the room because Reagan was ready to change out of his Captain Hook costume. Turn down service had happened. For pirate night they gave chocolate gold doubloons instead of Sleepy pillow mints...
ry%3D480

There was only one chocolate doubloon on the bed but we found the other two along with our towel animal for the night. A monkey!
ry%3D480

Once Reagan was changed we headed back out to meet Peter Pan! He gave Reagan his autograph...
ry%3D480

and they had a nice visit....
ry%3D480

hands on the hips!
ry%3D480

I met Peter on my own in the morning. I encouraged Mom to join in this evening, too.
ry%3D480

The show tonight was Villians!
ry%3D480

Ursula!
ry%3D400

Hades, Panic and Pain...
ry%3D400

Maleficent...
ry%3D400

Cruella and Hook...
ry%3D400

It was another great show tonight! We had one more show to look forward to this night though. There was a pirate party on the pool deck! Coming up soon...

After watching Villians we looked around in the gift shop some. Reagan talked me into three new little friends.... Stitch, Chip and Dale...
ry%3D480

We had to stop back in the room to tuck in our new friends for the night. My mom was ready to settle in for the night, too but Reagan and I had big plans to go to the Pirate Party! He was showing his Disney pirate side!
ry%3D480

We weren't in the room long before heading up to the pool deck...
ry%3D480

This cast member was hamming it up for the camera!
ry%3D480

Reagan was taking it all in...
ry%3D480

Along with a lot of other little pirates...
ry%3D480

The song Walk Like an Egyptian was playing and Reagan was in the party mood!
ry%3D480

Pirate Goofy came on stage...
ry%3D480

The adorable Dale!
ry%3D480

Stitch showed us his dance moves!
ry%3D480

Hello, Smee!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Another pirate cast member!
ry%3D480

The notorious Hook was stirring up trouble!
ry%3D480

Mickey showed up to save the day!
ry%3D480

He flew from one stack on the ship to the other!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Once Mickey saved up the fireworks began!
ry%3D480

Fireworks at sea felt like a pretty special treat!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Good job, Mickey!
ry%3D480

As soon as the Pirate Party was over we went back to our room. We had added quite a few Fish Extender gift items to our door!
ry%3D480

Back in the room Nanny was snuggled up! I love what this pillow says..... They flip it to this side at bedtime!
ry%3D480

Reagan decided to give Nanny a quick snuggle before she fell asleep!
ry%3D480

Time for bed! The following day we are at Castaway Key. Such a great day! Coming soon.....

I was still incredibly excited to be on board the Magic and wanted to be sure to see as much of the ship's areas as possible. On Sunday morning I woke up pretty early and snuck out to explore the ship. Mom and Reagan were still fast asleep.

Good Morning, Mickey!
ry%3D480

I had not spent much time in the lounge / bar areas so I ducked in and out of a few of those...

After Hours....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Keys is the piano bar on board and I love how it is themed...
ry%3D480

The baby grand...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Look at all the hidden Mickey's in the wall paper! So clever!
ry%3D480

fun silhouette art...
ry%3D480

One of the lounges had an old Hollywood feel. Very cool!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

And there was an Irish Pub...O'Gilleys...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The pool bar is called Signals...
ry%3D480

The above photo shows that I'm up before the sun. I was appreciative of the coffee I found to keep me company on my tour!
ry%3D480

An early morning Aqua Lab...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The Twist n Spout...
ry%3D480

I had a bit of a peek at Cabanas...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

nearby Goofy surfing art!
ry%3D480

And Pluto on the beach...
ry%3D480

PALO!
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

More from the ship tour coming up in part 2....

Animator's Palette looks so great!

I would love to see that Villain show!

The Chip & Dale stuffed animals are so cute.

Pirate Night looks SO fun!!

Great boat pics!

While my Mom and Reagan continued to enjoy some downtime relaxing in our stateroom I headed back out again. There was something about meeting princesses listed in the Navigator. When I arrived in the Atrium the princesses were just arriving. There were four all at once. Princess overload! You just began with one and made your way through to meet them all.

They all waved hello from the upper level first...
ry%3D480

Love the photo of Belle peeking down! How lovely!!

Continuing on with the ship tour.... These are some more quick dinning options....
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I passed through Shutters...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

While there I admired a couple of the photos they offer. I ended up buying both when I made our picture purchases later in the day...
ry%3D480

I just remembered that I have a set of these to give my mom, too. She is arriving tomorrow for a visit. We haven't seen her since this trip in March and we're excited for her visit. We will hopefully have some time to scrapbook this trip together while she is visiting. She'll be with us through Labor Day weekend. Nice long visit! I got a bit side tracked there. The photo..... Isn't this fun!?
ry%3D480

I took is some more of the Disney art in the gallery as well...
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

So many adorable paintings!
ry%3D480

DLounge...Loved the hidden Mickeys!
ry%3D480

I stepped out on deck because I knew we should be approaching Castaway Cay.
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It was just before sunrise...
ry%3D480

Here comes the sun.....
ry%3D480

Sunrises at sea are one of life's little treasures!
ry%3D480

Sun's up! You can see a sliver of land to the left, too...
ry%3D480

The first glimpses of Castaway Cay...
ry%3D480

This scary slide looks very pretty in the morning light...
ry%3D480

Now that the sun was up Reagan and Nanny were ready to rise and shine, too. We were all excited to visit Mickey's island!
ry%3D480

We had breakfast in Luminere's and after Reagan was a little gentleman and carried Nanny's bag for her.
ry%3D480

Next stop... Castaway Cay. Coming up!

Reagan carrying Nanny's bag is absolutely precious! Love that print with the autographs, I totally would've bought that myself too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter