A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm still here!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Can't wait to see the pictures...it's always neat seeing new places. :thumbsup2

I'm still here! Don't worry about not updating, life does get crazy sometimes and we all understand! I'm not sure about the music, I've never watched Wishes from the poly but I would think that if you had a 5 pm reservation you should be able to make it to MK in time for Spectro and Wishes. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, hopefully someone else will be able to help more. Ooo yes you must post pictures!

I'm still here and I understand the whole life happening and not being able to keep up with the PTR. Glad you are still around.

Still here too, but been busy as anything.

This trip will kick the rear of your last trip with exBF.

I had not heard that about Ohana's not doing the music. I'm curious now b/c that was our plan as well for our Day 2 (my bday). Steve's parents will be driving over to see us from .. well here.. for dinner (it's Father's Day too). So if I can get them to shoo we can always hop the boat or monorail to MK to watch from there. I'm really curious now.

Oh I can't wait to see your pictures from the Museum and the sea port! I've been to both and it's been awhile! I think my DD was 3 months old! Don't feel bad about updates, I've been sucking too! Lately I can't stop reading dining reports! :rotfl2:

I just got back from Disney, so I'm here now!! You would have no trouble making it back to MK from Ohana's and getting a good spot. I would def. get a spot no later than 8:30 though.

I made (what I think was) a pretty good packing list. There was nothing I wish I had packed and didn't so I think it did the job. PM your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

How much longer are you in school? Did you go to commencement?

I just got back from Disney, so I'm here now!! You would have no trouble making it back to MK from Ohana's and getting a good spot. I would def. get a spot no later than 8:30 though.

I made (what I think was) a pretty good packing list. There was nothing I wish I had packed and didn't so I think it did the job. PM your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

How much longer are you in school? Did you go to commencement?

I will PM my email right after this! I am in school for another 10 months or so (trimesters).

Hey Everyone! Well, I promised some pictures from my "history weekend" as i call it, so here they are! By the way, photobucket really hates me currently, so there are only a few pictures of each thing. And be aware, they are very very big :)

021.jpg

DBF and I at the sub museum
022.jpg

048.jpg

Fort Griswold
060.jpg

We climbed to the top of the tower, and this is what it looked like forever...
061.jpg

Fort Griswold from the top of the tower
065-1.jpg

Tower we Climbed
070.jpg

One of my favorites!
077.jpg

Mystic Seaport
083.jpg

The city of New London from Fort Trumbull
099.jpg

Inside the Fort
100.jpg

Me and a cutout of some famous army guy!
103.jpg

Bridge over the Thames River
117.jpg

Now for Disney related updates!

1. I can't believe how close it is! Less than 2 months, hooray!

2. We are buying our plane tickets this Thursday. The tickets we are going for are direct flights, leaving at 8:30 AM landing at 11:15 AM, and departing from Orlando at 8:15 Pm and landing at 11:00 PM. They are a really good deal through southwest right now, about 250 per person round trip, which isnt bad for the times and the direct flight. I am hoping they stay available and cheap! Anyone ever flown southwest before? I am buying the "wanna get away" airfare, the cheapest kind..soo whats the catch?

3. I made a change jar and DBF and I have been saving change, dollar bills etc etc for the trip. I am going tommorow to cash it all in and put it all towards paying off our trip! We have atleast 200!

4. After I cash all the change in, I'm going to make a payment to Disney, make my room requests and also ask for an extention on paying off our package. We have to be paid off by June 11, but we will not be able to pay in full till around the 18th. At that point, we will have paid about $2000 dollars and only have about 300 to go, so I am hoping they give me the extension.

5. I have a problem: what would you do? Part of my reason for going to Orlando is to be in my friend's wedding as a bridesmaid. She lives in Georgia, and is getting married in Orlando. She wants me to go to her Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party on Thursday night while we are down there. Problem is, my bf and her fiance do not know each other, so he wouldn't go to his bachelor party (they want to play paintball or something). I wouldn't want him to go in the first place, because I don't know these guys that well and wouldn't want him to be uncomfortable..I mean who really wants to go out with a bunch of people you've never met before? I expained this to my friend (the bride), and she was kind of upset and wants me to go. I will be exhausted, and honestly I don't want to go at all. What do i do?

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for sticking around!

Yay for a fun weekend! You guys are super cute! Another yay for being less than two months away!! I fly Southwest all the time. It's great...no extra fees for checked bags. Just make sure you check in a.s.a.p. (24 hours before your flight). On our way home Saturday, DBF and I didn't get to sit next to eachother cause we didn't check in early (left the lap-top at home). Other than that, I've never had any problems with them.

I would think Disney would give you the extension since you'll only have $300 left to pay.

That's a tough situation. I hate to say this, but I think you should go. She asked you to be a bridesmaid and part of that is going to those things. Maybe you could plan something nice for your bf to do alone while you're gone? And you def. don't have to stay for the whole thing...if you're tired just make an appearance and leave after an hour.

I hate to say this too, but I agree with Missy! However, I do think also that you don't need to attend the entire thing! I think it is enough to make an appearance for a little while and head out...especially because you have a ton of other plans already!

I agree with the others that you should go to the bachelorette party. Look at it this way: the wedding and festivities that surround it are once in a lifetime. If I were the bride and you were someone important enough in my life to be my bridesmaid, I would want you to celebrate with me. Your boyfriend can entertain himself for a couple of hours; maybe you can suggest he do something that he enjoys but is not a big deal to you. DisneyQuest or Wide World of Sports, maybe? Go to the party for a couple of hours--I think 2 hours would be long enough to stay without seeming rude.

Hey everyone!!!

Well, back from a very busy weekend! We spent it with his family for the most part- it was his nephews bday, and they put together a swingset for him..it took all day! 2 grown men trying to get that thing together was pretty funny, I have to admit!

Tommorow is my 6 week mark :scared1:! Unfortunately, we don't have enough money to pay off the remaining balance (323) right now. I called Disney last week, and spoke to someone who said that Disney can't extend it, but they won't cancel it and will contact you multiple times before they cancel it, and as long as I pay within the 10 day grace period which they apparently give you (which i can do), things will be fine.. I'm still very iffy about it, but I can't pay for it until next thursday :( Anyone ever have this experience?

Another thing I learned was that (according to a CM on the Disney Vacation line) sometimes, if you book one night in front of a package, they can give you your tickets early. I asked the CM how much it cost for 2 one day tickets, and she told me to wait until we got down there, and to ask guest relations if i can get the tickets for the package early. This would be great, as we have 2 days we won't be going to the parks and a 7 day park hopper that was included in the package..it would be great to use it on Saturday so only one day went wasted! SO i think we will wait until we get down there, and see what we can do. Worst comes to worst, we will just buy full price day passes to Epcot (that's where we are going the first night). Unless Epcot is filled to capacity, but really what are the chances of that happening?

As you can see there is a lot of stress for me right now between paying off the trip and worrying about the first day. I need some Disney magic to hit me and to not worry!

Good news though..we bought our plane tickets! Leaving from Providence at 8:30 and then arriving into MCO at 11:20, leaving MCO the following sunday at 8:15 and landing around 11:30. excellent times if i do say so- that means we have till around 5 on the last day there, and we will get there around 1 the first day. I'm very excited, we also added magical express last week. I also requested the Arusha Savannah. I'm debating about requesting a king bed room, but I don't want a stand up shower. I think I will just request the 3rd or 4th floor also!

Anyways, on to my bachelorette party conundrum. I think I will only go for a few hours. They are having the shower at the groom's grandmother's home starting at 6:30, then at 10:00 they are going out to city walk. We have ressies at flying fish for 5:00, so I figure we can go do that, then I can go to the shower and leave when they go to Citywalk. Does that sound okay to everyone? Then, I can still go to the shower but be back with the bf by 9:30. He can entertain himself for 3 hours!

Well that's it for now. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Everything for your trip will turn out just fine! And you'll have a magical time once you get there! I think that's a reasonable idea for the shower/bach party! Heck...mine wasn't even all that far away and most of my bridal party wasn't there!

Yay for getting your plane booked!! I'm sure things will work out just fine and they won't cancel your reservation, that's a lot of money for them to be losing. I think I'm forgetting stuff here...did you add an extra day on to the beginning of your trip? I think that sounds like plenty of time to hang at the bachelorette party without your Bf getting too bored. Your trip is getting close!! You must be getting excited!

Hey everyone! Long time no talk..yeah..sorry about that!

As everyone knows, I am a full time grad student on the trimester system. I am in full mental breakdown/panic mode because my final papers, projects and exams are all due in the next two weeks. However, I am trying to get all my work done by next Friday, because my birthday is on the 28 (sunday) and I do not want to be doing work on my bday :rotfl:

Anyhow, a few updates:

DBF and I removed the dining plan from our package, and that made our package paid in full. We have the credit of 257$ that we got saved in my savings account, and then we are going to add it back on before we go. We did this to make money a bit easier for DBF- he is in the process of buying the house he currently rents, our one year anniversary is this saturday and my bday is next sunday, so he needs all the money he can get to celebrate with me!!:laughing: We are okay with this, because we are having a yard sale in July before we go, so any money we get from that will go towards putting the dining plan back on. I am getting a bit nervous about having spending money though, as some of our meals will be out of our pocket. Money stinks, but I am saving all my birthday money and all my babysitting money and hoping to have about 700$ saved. Wow, sorry that was a lot of info in one paragraph. can you tell that I have been writing papers nonstop?

-The Bridal Shower Dilemma-
I decided to go to the Bridal shower, for just a few hours. i would take a taxi there and back, and leave after our dinner reservation at flying fish. This was all fine and dandy, until I talked to the Bride, who informed me that the Bridal shower is 40 miles- exactly- outside of disney world :scared1: I calculated how much a taxi would be to get there, which would be around 65$, not including traffic. So that makes $130 in taxi fare for the Bridal Shower. On top of all of that, we have to pay for a taxi to get to the rehersal dinner, and to and from the wedding. We're talking about 200$ in taxi fare here.

So, that being said, I have decided not to go to the Bridal Shower. I agree, that I should go as a bridesmaid, but seriously...I cannot afford the cost of a taxi! The bride said she wasn't able to bring me back and forth to any of it, which i completely understand. Thoughts on this, anyone? I was thinking of renting a car for those 4 days, which would be around 220$, but still...that's money we don't have!

Besides those two things, I am anxiously awaiting Mickey mail with my vouchers and whatnot. I am also enjoying the new ADR system they put into place online...I like fiddling around with the times of my ADR's at my own leisure, to see if better times come up.

Well, this may be the last you hear from me until next weekend. If i go MIA, assume my computer ate me, i went crazy and had a breakdown from so much work, or that I swore off the computer after spending so much time on it :banana:

Hey everyone! Long time no talk..yeah..sorry about that!

As everyone knows, I am a full time grad student on the trimester system. I am in full mental breakdown/panic mode because my final papers, projects and exams are all due in the next two weeks. However, I am trying to get all my work done by next Friday, because my birthday is on the 28 (sunday) and I do not want to be doing work on my bday :rotfl:

Anyhow, a few updates:

DBF and I removed the dining plan from our package, and that made our package paid in full. We have the credit of 257$ that we got saved in my savings account, and then we are going to add it back on before we go. We did this to make money a bit easier for DBF- he is in the process of buying the house he currently rents, our one year anniversary is this saturday and my bday is next sunday, so he needs all the money he can get to celebrate with me!!:laughing: We are okay with this, because we are having a yard sale in July before we go, so any money we get from that will go towards putting the dining plan back on. I am getting a bit nervous about having spending money though, as some of our meals will be out of our pocket. Money stinks, but I am saving all my birthday money and all my babysitting money and hoping to have about 700$ saved. Wow, sorry that was a lot of info in one paragraph. can you tell that I have been writing papers nonstop?

-The Bridal Shower Dilemma-
I decided to go to the Bridal shower, for just a few hours. i would take a taxi there and back, and leave after our dinner reservation at flying fish. This was all fine and dandy, until I talked to the Bride, who informed me that the Bridal shower is 40 miles- exactly- outside of disney world :scared1: I calculated how much a taxi would be to get there, which would be around 65$, not including traffic. So that makes $130 in taxi fare for the Bridal Shower. On top of all of that, we have to pay for a taxi to get to the rehersal dinner, and to and from the wedding. We're talking about 200$ in taxi fare here.

So, that being said, I have decided not to go to the Bridal Shower. I agree, that I should go as a bridesmaid, but seriously...I cannot afford the cost of a taxi! The bride said she wasn't able to bring me back and forth to any of it, which i completely understand. Thoughts on this, anyone? I was thinking of renting a car for those 4 days, which would be around 220$, but still...that's money we don't have!

Besides those two things, I am anxiously awaiting Mickey mail with my vouchers and whatnot. I am also enjoying the new ADR system they put into place online...I like fiddling around with the times of my ADR's at my own leisure, to see if better times come up.

Well, this may be the last you hear from me until next weekend. If i go MIA, assume my computer ate me, i went crazy and had a breakdown from so much work, or that I swore off the computer after spending so much time on it :banana:

Yay! Welcome back!! We missed you :grouphug:

I keep thinking about how I want to downgrade our DxDP to the DDP...ugh...so many decisions. Who knows! That's a good idea though, to save money and be able to have your trip paid for!

As for your bridal shower issue! If you can't make it, you can't make it! It's really not the end of the world. And you were making an effort until you found how much it would cost you to get to and from! I don't blame you, and honestly, I wouldn't go either if it was that far and I had to take a Taxi! Is the wedding at Disney World? Good luck with your papers this week! And Happy early Birthday!

I got mega Mickey Mail today...vouchers and magical express stuff! woo hoo! just wanted to give a quick update!

That was a good idea to take the dining plan off to have it all paid for! I'm glad you got everything worked out. Happy early birthday! :banana:

That's kind of crazy that your friend expects people to pay all that money to get to/from her bachelorette party and wedding! I wouldn't blame you for not going!

I hope your trimester ends well...don't stress too much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter