A fantastic day! Plus a question about booking!

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
DH and I went to Paris for a few days recently, and we spent a day at DLP. I was delighted to find that they now sell a one-day park hopper ticket! Worth every penny of the 49 euros it cost. We had already visited Disneyland Parc, and we really wanted to see the Studios, but didn't feel that it would be worth 40 euros just to see the Studios.

It was a lovely day. Absolutely wonderful. I will try to write a trip report when I get time.

Now, DH and I are debating whether to visit WDW or Paris and DLP this winter or spring. We love Paris, but we love Disney too. If we go back to France, it'll probably be 4 days in the city (staying in Paris), and 4 days for DLP (staying at DLP). DLP has an annual pass for a very good rate (we saw it advertised there), but when we tried to get a quote for staying at DLP for 3 or 4 nights, we could not book a room without buying regular park hopper tickets.

We would like to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. This is probably the only DLP hotel we will consider. We're from New York City, so the Hotel New York doesn't really appeal to us. Plus, the Newport Bay seems a lot like the Yacht Club, and since we've been there a lot, we want something different.

How do you book a room without getting park tickets? Do you have to do it by phone? Plus, are there ways to get discounts on rooms at DLP?

Oh! One more question! How do you book the Castle Club? And how much more money is it than a regular room?

Thanks so much!!! ::MinnieMo

try ringing disney directly, see if you can find a number for the hotel you want to stay in and see about contacting them, inform them you already have annual passes, you should be able to get a room only rate.

You can also call the WDW hotel reservation line.....but I have to warn you, they don't have munch info about DLP :( I agree about calling DLP directly----that is the easiest way to get room only rates.

if you still haven't found the information, here is the number for disneyland paris hotel (Département Suite & VIP) tel:33(0)160306090 or fax them at 33(0)164745895 or better still you could email them at dlp.suites.cro@disney.com

I'm going there on the 2/01/2004, a room at the castle club with parkview will set you back around £400 per night.

Hope this helps!:D

I was quoted 1000 Euros for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel in January. Does anyone know if this is really the "room only" rate?

Hi Jody,

Did you get your quote from your travel agent or directly from disneyland paris reservation ?

I think if you're going after the 8th of January, there's a special 3 nights for 2 offer (room/ breakfast/ theme park tickets) for 744 eur.

If you go before the 8th for 3 ngihts it's about 1,277 euro.

Both quotes are from the disneyland reservation website for their standard rooms. If you want to stay in the castle club, then you have to contact disneyland paris directly. I have found that for rooms, it's always chepaer to book directly with disneyland paris, rather than go through a travel agent.

Bobo

Actually I did speak to DLP directly, and I just phoned again to ask about the promotions... but I don't qualify apparently... our dates are wrong for one thing (we will be there the 9th to the 16th of January. But what I find really strange.. on the DLP official site when I put my country in (Israel) I get a completely different set of promotions than I do when I choose UK as my country... hmmmmm... can't imaging WDW doing this, but who knows, maybe they do! I didn't make too much of a fuss about it though, since even on the UK part of the site the promotion you mentioned was not available for me dates. If it had been I might have had something to say! :-)
Sigh... 1000 Euro for 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel... I'd better get to work so I can afford it - it's less than two months away!
I really wonder if it's worth it... we go the Sequoia lodge for the first 4 nights of our stay for about 350 Euros! I hope the DL is worth the difference! Yikes!

Originally posted by jodyb

... 1000 Euro for 3 nights at the Disneyland hotel... I'd better get to work so I can afford it - it's less than two months away!
I really wonder if it's worth it... we go the Sequoia lodge for the first 4 nights of our stay for about 350 Euros! I hope the DL is worth the difference! Yikes!

HI, Jody!!!

We stayed at the Disneyland hotel two years ago, with my parents - old people - who really loved to step out of the hotel and BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUN !!!!
You can always go back during the day for a short rest or to warm up ....!!!
I believe the hotel is beautifully themed; I have to say we found wonderful cast members who pampered Dad and Mom so nicely..... I was really happy with that !

Though I have to admit that there were long queues for breakfast ( we were there on Christmas week) ....... but this is not your case !!!!

We also found that our room was in need of some refurbishment... but my parent's room was ok and had a marvellous view on DLP park : they saw the lights at night from ....their bed !!!!!!

We found not convenient that they don't serve snacks or cookies and tartes after ( I believe) 6.00 PM at the bar ; so if you want a light "something" in the evening you have to buy a cookie at the shop; they were not running room - service at that time - maybe because the hotel was very busy !

All in all ( MHO) I would not stay at this hotel - unless proximity to the parks is a real priority for my family.
I should say I'm happy I stayed there and of course IT IS a magic hotel ...... but MHO it's too pricey for its offerings.

Hope this helps .....

CIAOOOOOOO, laura :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I guess I've decided to do it for the 3 days, even though it is a HUGE splurge for me! I just know if I don't then the whole time we're there I'll be saying 'I wish I'd booked the Disneyland Hotel"! We will be there for seven nights. The first 4 at the Sequoia, which we love, but I remember from last year how FREEZING cold it was outside, and once we went back to our room for a rest in the late afternoon it was hard to get motivated to go back for that night parade, and I really don't like taking the shuttle buses. They are fine for what they are, but last year I VOWED we'd be in the Disneyland this year.... so I split our trip. I know it's way too much money... but hey... it's only money! (Do I sound like I'm trying to talk myself into it?? - I guess I am! :D )

I really am getting excited. Money comes and goes, but before I know it my daughter won't want to travel with me anymore (then I'll have to take HER kids to Disneyland!) so these trips are really precious to me! I can't wait for January!!!

Jody - I totally agree with you :)

Imagine how lovely it will be to be in Disneyland Parc and when it gets really chilly you can nip back and warm up with a hot chocolate at DH before braving the elements again with no distance at all :) :)

My price for DH in Feb (half term, so more expensive) was £1200 (about 1700 E approx?) for 3 nights so your price sounds great to me :)

....... before I know it my daughter won't want to travel with me anymore (then I'll have to take HER kids to Disneyland!) so these trips are really precious to me!

:hug: Oh yes, I DO understand how precious memories can be !!!!

I'll always treasure in my heart those days we spent at Disneyland hotel ...... when my old parents could still travel to France !!!!
You are right, your trip is "priceless" !!!!

I wish you LOTS of sweet memories , to treasure for a lifetime !!

laura:wave:

...... and , at check in , be sure to ask for a park- view : I guess they are not busy when you are staying there and you could get free WARM marvellous view of BOTH PARKS .... as my parents had !::yes::

Laura:wave:

Laura that's a great tip. I am usually not aggressive enough in hotels - never really ask for anything - but I will speak up this time! I do think the week we will be there is pretty much their slowest of the year! Do you remember the room number your parents had?
Thanks again!

Do you remember the room number your parents had?

YEAAAA !! Just checked with them !!! They have the hotel map in their photo - album : they were in

:tongue:
WEST WING 3
room 28
third floor
:tongue:

Hope you and DD have wonderful dreams !!!!

Laura:wave:

Thank you Laura! Now.... my daughter told me today she wants to stay at the Sequoia the whole week, and be able to eat wherever we want and buy whatever she wants all week without thinking about price. She said even if we ate at Walts and Inventions every day and bought every souvenir she's ever wanted it wouldn't come up to the price of 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel! Can't argue with that, really! So, it looks like now that's the plan, and our back-up plan is to move to the Disneyland on a whim while we're there - after all the second week of January it will never be full. Sigh.. I'm exhausted already from all this planning and unplanning and replanning!
Thanks for all your patience while I go through this!
:) :earsboy: :wave:

She's 13! And she would laugh if she knew someone was calling her sensible! But you are right... in this case she is using her head I think. But stay tuned (in 2 months time) for my trip report to see if we ended up up-grading to DL or not! It's still MY dream! :-)

;) maybe..... you could stay at DL on your last night, as a personal Holidays GIFT to yourself !!!!!

You'll still be able to buy whatever DD may wish ..... and YOU can live your DREAM !!!!!!

noel-gifs01.gif

Love from Italy, Laura

I definitely second Mickey's dreamers' idea - and the last night at DLH would sweeten the end of the holiday!! Anyway - enjoy and tell us all about it when you get back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter