A favour to ask of you...

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I can't remember if I've ever done this before, but I feel that I am among friends here, and I have a favour to ask of you.

I just came back from a visit with a friend of mine. Her name is Virginia, and a couple of weeks ago she found out that she has breast cancer.

Tomorrow she is having a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed.

Virginia has been my friend for over twenty years, and she means a great deal to me.

Virginia isn't a DISer, but she has lurked on the Flower & Garden board from time to time, admiring some of the pictures. She likes to garden, and the two of us checked out her roses, lavender, lily of the valley, and her vegetable garden, before we hugged and started to cry.

If you could take a moment and add some pixie dust, prayers, good thoughts, whatever you are comfortable with, for my dear friend, I will send her this link, I know she would appreciate it. Kind of a Bud Bouquet of best wishes.......

Thank you so very much!

Kim

Hi Virgina,

Stay strong,, keep positive, know you are supported by friends and family, keep focused on getting better and you can beat this thing!

Mmketeer

Virginia:

I am a breast cancer survivor of 6 years. I had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed, followed by 6 months of chemo and radiation. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you, you hang in there .... Actually you may contact me at any time if you want too...

Blondie

Virginia - May your surgeon's hands be guided by a higher authority and may your recovery be quick. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow.

Virginia....all my thoughts and prayers are with you now and will be with you tomorrow and for as long as you need them. Take the strength and use it as your own.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, also, Kim. Stay strong for your friend. It's a gift she will always cherish.

Oh no....:(

Thanks for dropping by, Virginia. I hope you love this board like we do. I wish you the very best of luck with all your treatments. We're all praying for success.

Virginia, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep yourself strong mentally. I know from experience that the mind has incredible healing powers. If you are looking for some inspiration, may I suggest you pick up a book or tape by Dr. Bernie Siegel. You can also check him out at www.mind-body.org/bernie . His Love, Medicine & Miracles worked wonders for my wonderful MIL.

Kim: you are a wonderful friend. I'll keep you in my prayers as well.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Best of luck Virginia ....
I see you have great friends...
stay strong...

I have a good friend going through some scarey tests today. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Hi Virginia any friend of Kim's is a friend of our's. Buds intertwined together to form a beautiful bloom of many shades.

My thoughts are with you today, I know his is a very anxious day with so many uncertainties ahead. I also know there is hope. My Daughter is a cancer survivor going on 16 years now.

There are many roadblocks in our lives. Thats all they are, just a detour with some stormy weather ahead. Be strong, and with the help of family and friends you can ride this storm out. After every storm there are rainbows, to remind us that this storm is over.

Through this rough weather my thoughts and prayers are with you. Always know there is a tomorrow filled sunshine.

Virginia we are all pulling for you. My closest friend is a breast cancer survivor of over 30 years. As Mamu said so eloquently, this is just a roadblock requirinig a detour.

I'm sorry Kim...she certainly will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

I spoke with Virginia about a half hour ago. She is home, feeling sore and sounding groggy, but all went well. :)

I told her about this thread, and all your very kind responses, and I will be sending her the link tonight. Tomorrow or the next day, when she's feeling a little perkier, she will have a look at it. She was amazed and touched, that people who don't even know her, would take the time to send her their best wishes, and offer their support and help. :) I've told her many times that the DIS is full of wonderful people, and I think know, she believes me!! :)

Thank you, everyone! :)

Blondie, a special thanks and {{{{ Hug }}}} to you.

Kim

Not much of a gardener these days, Virginia, (I used to get my hands pretty dirty though, years ago), but just wanted to stop by and add my best wishes and prayers for you.

Hope all goes well, you have a speedy, comfortable recovery and full remission. As an aside, my wife, Lady M here on the DIS, had a lumpectomy, along with chemo and radiation, a little over five years ago. Just today, she told me how aggravated she was at all the mosquitoes from the recent rains, keeping her out of her gardens and flower beds. You'll do great, Virginia. Please stop back when you are up to it and say hello. Take care, a BIG {hug} for you.

Dan :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter