• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few of my favorites things -- at WDW resorts

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Name some things at any WDW resort that brings back good memories and makes you smile. :cool:
I live Andy's Room as ASMo.:smooth:
The great bus service at AS. :smooth:
Just seeing any WDW gift shop, esp the pin carts! :jester: ;)
Riding the monorail through the big toaster.;)

Sitting on the balcony first thing in the morning (with a cup of tea) watching the animals at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! :D

That cool, humid feel you get when entering the Poly GCH. And of course, that wonderfully tropical smell.

Sitting on the Poly beach(day or night), and looking out at the breathtaking view.

When "your" bus pulls up at the bus stop.

I second riding the monorail through the toaster. To me, thats Disney!

Laying in a hammock at the Poly at night, watching the boats pull in to the TCC and hearing everyone laughing from the boats! Hearing the "howling" from the HM and watching the Castle change colors at night!

What is the "toaster" and where is it????

We like to hit the pool at the Boardwalk, get takeout dinner from one of the Boardwalk restaurants, and eat dinner at the tables around the pool. So relaxing and the kid's love it. (Plus, when I go pick the food up I sit at the bar while waiting and have a pint!)

gonga-- if I'm not mistaken, the "toaster" is the Contemporary Resort-- the monorail goes through the resort.

Magical moments for me are
*The magical feeling of entering your resort for check-in
*Strolling along the Boardwalk with an ice cream cone
*The Beach Club lobby, where Art the Greeter will always make us smile!!
*Stormalong Bay
*Laying on a hammock at the Polynesian watching the fireworks from Cinderella Castle
*Riding through the Contemporary
*First entering the Grand Floridian lobby
*Gift shops!

~mariamouse~
:smooth:

Great Topic....

i have a few...(besides the night before anxiety we all get knowing the next day is THE DAY)

These are not in any particular order...

1. The boat to DTD from POR. Very relaxing.
2. Bob Jackson-Piano Man-POR. What a HOOT !
4. Riding the Monorail.
5. Chef Mickeys....EVERYONE is a kid !!
6. Walking the Boardwalk. (That bike ride is brutal over the bridges.)
7. Walking around POR...late at night when things settle down, it is so relaxing, just walking hand-in-hand with your "better half" says it all !.

I could go on and on !!

CBR - SEPTEMBER 93 (HONEYMOON
ASMu-AUG. 97
CSR - AUG. 98
PO - AUG. 99
DXL - AUG. 00
POR - AUG. 01
POR - AUG. 02
POR - THANKSGIVING 02

AND

POR - AUG. 03..(CELEBRATING 10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY)
POR- THANKSGIVING 03
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
Name some things at any WDW resort that brings back good memories and makes you smile. :cool:
I live Andy's Room as ASMo.:smooth:
The great bus service at AS. :smooth:
Just seeing any WDW gift shop, esp the pin carts! :jester: ;)
Riding the monorail through the big toaster.;)

Sitting on a balcony at the AKL at around 7am and 5pm watching the animals with my husband.

Sitting on a balcony at the YC watching the fireworks from the Illuminations show at EC without having to fight the crowds with my husband.

Getting a watermelon flavored Italian Ice from the cart located on the BW and strolling around the lake with my husband.

Going up to the bridge that is on the 5th floor of the AKL and looking down on the AKL Lobby. It is amazing from up there.

Sitting in the AKL Concierge Lounge betwen 8pm and 10pm eating mini-zebra domes and having a glass of Samboca(sp?) with my husband.

Can you tell that my husband and I truely enjoy the WDW Resort experiance almost as much as the parks?:D

*my boys first trip to WDW Dec 2002 magical

*first sight of the CASTLE...I cry! Saw someone get engaged there this past Dec. My 17 yo DD cried at that one.

*Haunted Mansion

*My five year olds delight at Test track..."How many times can we ride it?"

*Eating lunch at the castle.

*riding up front of the monorail...priceless

*Seeing my kids faces light up at the parade...ok..I need to quit now, I am getting misty eyed....

Lisajl

I love everything about the Grand Floridian from the concierge to the rooms and transportation.

Favorite moments:

1. Getting off the plane in Orlando

2. Walking into the Beach Club lobby upon check-in

3. Laying out on the lounge chairs at SAB and feeling the hot FLorida sun

4. Taking the first step down Mainstreet and seeing that beautiful Cinderella's castle again

5. The food!

Our favorite moments!!

1. The plane ride to Orlando... to hear everyone clap when we land.

2. Seeing the WDW sign as we enter WDW from the highway, the excitment becomes overwhelming by then.

3. Walking into the CSR front lobby, checking in, going to the room, taking a swim, then having lunch at the Pepper Market afterwards, having dinner somewhere on the Disney property.

4. Walking into the Magic Kindom and seeing the castle, I get warm fuzzies everytime.

5. Eatting at different resturants on the wdw property.

6. And my most favorite...The wonderful customer service Disney gives...I actually look forward Disney spirit!!!!!

the tropical music at CBR!

the larger than life icons at the all-stars

the awesome disney pools

mousekeeping: arranging dd's stuffed animals and making the little animals out of the towels

the cm's have always been amazing! we love that "we can do that for you" mentality.--the single biggest reason we stay on site.

the grandeour(sp?) of the resorts. the lengths that disney goes to insure the "it's all part of the show" feeling.

the abundance of wildlife around the world. (the real stuff, not in the parks).

riding the monorail through the contemporary(does it get any more disney?)

Here's ours:

Our first day at MK looking down Main Street at the castle

Lunch with "Auntie Clare" at the 50's Prime Time

The Music in the Lobby of the WL

The washcloth animals Mousekeeping leaves

The butterflies in your stomach when you realize you're "there"

The little countdown clock at the bottom of my posts

Oh I could go on & on & on ......................................

Walking into our LV concierge room at the Poly seeing the castle and listening to my kids go "Oh, wow!"

Sitting on our balcony watching animals at AKL.

Pulling up at POFQ when I told the kids we couldn't stay there because it was too expensive. (They wanted the dragon slide so badly!)

Ducks outside our door at the FW cabins. The kids were little then and thought it was so cool.

The smell of magnolias at POR

The alligator statues at POR-FQ

Watching the sunsets from the beach at the Cabanas at CS.

The waterfall to your right before entering the Poly.

The Banana Cabana sign at CBR.

The yellow flowers that hang over the wall at the CBR pool.

The sun filtering through weeping willows hanging over the Sassagoula River.

The POR mansions at night.

:D The Monorail
:D :D All the Music
:D :D :D The live shows
:D :D :D :D The characters
:D :D :D :D :D The Service ( CM's Rock )
:D :D :D :D :D :D The Entrance to Main Street U.S.A. and the view of the Castle
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Everything that happened on our 1st WDW trip
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D My very Favorite Disney moment that brings chills to this very day is... Seeing Tinkerbell fly from the castle to start the Fireworks at MK... Reminds me of watching The Wonderful World of Disney on TV way back when.

A few of my favorite resort things

1. Sitting in the gazebo at Magnolia Terrace at POR just watching the ducks and birds.
2. Listening to the Mizner's Lounge band at GF
3. Sitting on my balcony at AKL watching "feeding time"
4. Taking the boat from OKW to DTD
5. My favorite-sitting on my balcony at BCV, drinking my morning coffee and listening to the music from Epcot WS.

I love everything about the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, the smell of wood smoke, the music, the carvings on the supporting timbers, and most of all rocking in front of the immense fireplace and being mesmerized by the crackling fire. Heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter