A few of my favorites things -- at WDW resorts

I really enjoy spending time at the WDW resorts. :)

--riding a surrey bike around Crescent Lake by the BWI, YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin

--watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the Poly or GF beach

--waking up a little early just to see what animals are outside my balcony at AKL

--riding the monorail to take a quick tour of the GF, Poly, and Contemporary

--entering the AKL lobby and smelling the wonderful smells wafting up from Boma and Jiko

--shopping at the gift shops in any of the resorts (especially at the GF, YC, AKL, and BWI)

--eating at 'Ohana and Kona Cafe at the Poly

--sitting on my balcony and looking out on WDW at night--it's such a serene, pretty sight

--watching the castle change color from my patio at the Poly

--going into my room at a WDW resort, taking pictures of the room, and turning on the WDW tv channel

Some people are missing the point of this thread.

Walk around my hotel, whichever one I stay at.

Big couch at the Boardwalk.

pulling into Fort Wilderness, I feel like I am finally in paradise when I get there.
Just enjoying all of Disney has to offer, and letting my kids decide what to do next.....

- The walkway around Caribbean Beach Resort
- The Garden Grille @ Epcot
- "Impression de France" at Epcot
- Getting to MK at opening for the arrival of the train
- getting to walk in the "back way" with the Fantasmic dinner package

:D Sitting on the balcony in a tower room at the Contemporary and watching the electric light show. Feeling the rumble of the monorail as it moved through the Contemporary.

Sitting on the patio of my water view room at the Poly and watching the fireworks.

Listening to the screams of delight as my children slid down the jaguar slide at the pool in the Coronade Springs resort. Star gazing through telescopes on the way to the Pepper Market for dinner.

:smooth: jeannej

1) riding the monorail (no, not "THE MONORAIL"; the one at MCO, then you really know you are in Orlando!! Okay, "THE MONORAIL" too!!)
2) passing those Disney gates for the first time, on the way to your resort, and you are ON Disney property (I swear, but the grass IS greener, the air IS purer, the trees ARE fuller, and all is right with the world!)
3) enjoying a cup of coffee on your balcony with a view of the waterfalls, the pool, and the lake at WL
4) sitting in the lobby at WL and "people-watch" (especially trying to find the "newbies", or 1st-timers to WDW!)
5) sipping on a refreshing pina-colada at the CSR pool
6) riding the "Mickey-boats" (water mice) at ANY resort

Stop me before I start getting WDW withdrawal....arggghh!!

Walking at POR when the mist is still on the ground in the morning.

Leaving the car window down to take in the scents at POR.

Watching Illuminations from the balcony at BoardWalk

Seeing the sunset over Cresent Lake.

Seeing the sun come up over Bay Lake from the Contemp.

Roasting weiners and marshmallows at Ft. Wilderness cabins.

Glancing out the balcony doors at AKL and seeing a gifaffe walk by.

The smell of the hardwood floors at the Yacht Club.

First, Luv2Roam, I love your new photo under your name :)!!

Secondly, a great thread ... a few of my favorite things at WDW Resorts ...

* turning onto Hotel Blvd with the WDW Resort sign & then seeing the Marketplace with the water fountain on the other end;

* driving into Old Key West & saying, "I'm home :)!" & then the Guard says, "Welcome Home!;"

* the peaceful, relaxing feeling of being "home" at OKW;

* beignets at French Quarter;

* riding the monorail;

* watching the animals from the sunrise savannah at the AKL, eating at AKL, chatting with the CMs at the AKL;

etc., etc. ...

1. Going over the day's itinerary over a press pot at the Kona Cafe in the Poly.

2. Strolling along the Sassagoula at Port Orleans FQ.

3. Enjoying a tall rum drink at the lounge in the Poly.

4. Arriving "home" each night after a fun and exhausting day in the parks.

The ease at which you can resort-hop--that's my number one favorite thing to do:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Wilderness Lodge lobby:)
Poly at night;)
Old Key West's boat ride to Marketplace:jester:
Grand Tea at GF:sunny:
Marguerita at Coronado Spring's pool bar:smooth:

Just a few...makes me want to go RIGHT NOW!:(

All the best, Wilma:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter