"A Fresh Start" WDW Vacation with a Newbie and the Boyfriend!- Nov TR COMPLETE 2/16!

After France we turned around and headed for Mexico for one last trip around the world!

Bye Food and Wine Festival! I am contemplating getting an AP this year so maybe I will see you around!

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

I really like this fountain in Morocco. That pavilion is so gorgeous but I never give it the time of the day! I always just take one pic and never really walk through.

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

Next is our last pit stop at the Food and Wine booth: The desserts and the champagne!

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

Corey got the frozen nesquick foam.

IMG_2678.jpg

He really liked this. He said it was like icy foam.

I got the dessert trio and in my opinion this was the best thing in the whole festival. Haha, I loved every single one of these things and wish I would have got two!!

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

One the way out we look at the ocean spray cranberry bog. That thing is pretty cool.

IMG_2684.jpg

We stopped at Mousegears on the way out to check out the merch. Emily still needed to buy some souvenirs.

We had plans to get mouse ears but we never got them the trip so we tried them on now just to take a picture with them.

IMG_2685.jpg

We even morphed into truck drivers that look like Grumpy!

My face seems to fit the hat a bit more. I think that is a sign that I need to lay off of the cookies!

IMG_2686.jpg

Our last ride was Spaceship Earth! Earlier I got caramel corn from Karamelle Kuche so my picture was me shoving caramel corn in my mouth. I couldn't stop eating it!!

IMG_2702.jpg

I love this scene.

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

I love how this style is coming back.

IMG_2711.jpg

Does anyone else feel that this is the most relaxing ride in all of Disney? I could seriously fall asleep on this. When you go backwards it always cracks/stretches my back and it feels so good. Lol!

Here is my popcorn pic!

IMG_2714.jpg

Bye Food and Wine Fest and bye Epcot (even though I would see you again in 2 months, which I didn't know at the time!)

IMG_2717.jpg

We saw a bus for Pop Century so we decided to hop in it.

We went into the gift shop and Emily bought a Mickey hoodie.

I guess I was supposed to be Christmas??

IMG_2718.jpg

Aw POP you are my home away from home! I missed you this trip.

IMG_2719.jpg

Of course I had to stop at Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head!! I love this photo spot.

IMG_2720.jpg

Don't ask...

IMG_2721.jpg

After this we sat on a bench for a few minutes just to relax and soak up the sun.

After our rest we walked the bridge for Art of Animation to finally get ready to explore the other areas besides Little Mermaid! Haha, we were there for 4 days and didn't even make it to the other areas!

IMG_2722.jpg

Oops, forgot to post a pic of me resting!

IMG_2724.jpg

Ok, this post is going to be a lot of pictures and not that many words!

First up is Cars! Because there were lots of photo opps Corey had the camera and was being the photographer! I think Disney really screwed up here not adding regular rooms to these sections along with the suites.

IMG_2726.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

Haha, this pic is cute!

IMG_2744.jpg

I just love all of the cars. I definitely think a visit to this hotel should open for any Cars fans!

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

Now time for the Finding Nemo section, one of my favorite Disney movies ever!

Mine, Mine, Mine!

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2759.jpg

It's MR. RAYYYY!

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

Awww, squirt! He is my fav!

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

I really love this feature. It is so clever!

IMG_2766.jpg

Cool pool that we never swam in!

IMG_2767.jpg

After our tour it was almost time to say bye to Emily. We sat at a table and talked for a little bit and she said she really enjoyed her time here, which I was glad about.

We walked her out to the front, saw her bus come, gave her a hug, and sent her off on the bus. She was literally the only one on.

I was so upset after this. I had to fight not to cry. First off because she is my best friend and lives 11 hours away from me. Second off because she was gone from our trip, something I have planning for 6 months, and something that I was sooo sooo excited for and all of a sudden it was over. That really is the worst feeling.

On a side not she said the bus ride took forever! She got the airport with not a lot of time at all!

Corey and I had our reservation at Cape May so off we went with our hearts heavy!

Great updates! Looks like it was a beautiful morning in Epcot! I miss the Food and Wine festival already, it's going to be strange when I go in 2 weeks and nothing is going on...I seem to usually go when there are events happening, but now it's just a normal time of year! :rotfl2:

So sorry Emily had to leave that day, that must have been hard! But you still have some Disney time left right? Yay! :banana:

I love the AoA tour, I wish we had time to wander around when we stayed there, but we were only there for one night!

I love your Spaceship Earth pics, what kind of camera do you have? :thumbsup2

Love your AoA tour! That's such an awesome resort, can't wait to see it in person!

That's so sad that Emily had to leave early. :( How long were yall staying after?

So much food at F&W! It must be so hard to choose. What a sweet guy your DH is getting those slushies (which look delicious!)

I love your resort touring photos. It is so nice to do but it can be hard to make the time for it!

It makes sense why you were so sad to see Emily leave. And after so much planning, the trip always goes by so fast. I'mm glad that she enjoyed herself though!

Great updates! Looks like it was a beautiful morning in Epcot! I miss the Food and Wine festival already, it's going to be strange when I go in 2 weeks and nothing is going on...I seem to usually go when there are events happening, but now it's just a normal time of year! :rotfl2:

So sorry Emily had to leave that day, that must have been hard! But you still have some Disney time left right? Yay! :banana:

I love the AoA tour, I wish we had time to wander around when we stayed there, but we were only there for one night!

I love your Spaceship Earth pics, what kind of camera do you have? :thumbsup2

I know I fee like I always go when stuff is going on! I always go during at least Christmas/Halloween!!

I have a Canon T3. It is an entry level DSLR camera. I really like it although I do want to upgrade soon.

Love your AoA tour! That's such an awesome resort, can't wait to see it in person!

That's so sad that Emily had to leave early. :( How long were yall staying after?

We will be leaving the next day of this trip:sad1:

As you will see we had an awesome last day though! Good updates coming up!!

So much food at F&W! It must be so hard to choose. What a sweet guy your DH is getting those slushies (which look delicious!)

I love your resort touring photos. It is so nice to do but it can be hard to make the time for it!

It makes sense why you were so sad to see Emily leave. And after so much planning, the trip always goes by so fast. I'mm glad that she enjoyed herself though!
He is a nice guy! Disney puts him in a good mood. lol. It definitely is hard to tour the hotels. We stayed at the hotel and didn't even tour it until the last day!

I just read through your whole report and I have to laugh at Emily painting her toes at the bus stop - that is ME!! As soon as I put nail polish on, I start chipping it off, so I always carry some in my purse. I definitely have had more than a couple of bus-waits where I hoped the bus would take a little longer just so I could finish ;)

Hi Rachel I'm now caught up! Your photos of Illuminations are awesome! Actaully, all of your photos are so good. I have no clue what appeture or ISO mean so I just keep my Nikon on auto and shoot away. (I got Em a Canon 40D for her birthday since she's into photography now... hopefully she can teach me a thing or two!)

The Cars area at AoA is so wonderfully themed. I finally went on Radiator Springs Racers at Dis CA Adventure so now I can see how closely the theming at the resort matches the park. You have great photos of course!

So sad that you had to say good-bye to Emily but it sounds like your 6 months of planning paid off and she had a great time!

Now to go read your January TR!

The fountain in Morroco IS beautiful! I have a nice pic of my kids with it. I am so tempted to create a trip report and post pics but a little leery of having the kids pics online. :confused: But then again, I only have about 1000 pics of them on my FB. LOL :rotfl2:

PS- I'm going to check out your Jan report now. I love reading this~ makes me feel like 1.) I am in Disney and 2.) I know you. I really enjoy your take. It stinks that Emily had to leave a day early & that you were leaving the next day too. Disney is almost like Christmas for me. You plan and count down to the days and then when it arrives, it feels like it's over so fast. That's why it's nice to start planning another Disney trip right when you get home. ;) With Christmas, after it's over, I then count down to the warmer months.. lol

After Emily left we took a bus to Hollywood Studios so we could take a boat to the Boardwalk area.

When we got of the bus what do we see but CHRISTMAS!!!! Yippee!! The first thing we saw was the big tree! I so wanted to go in to the park. It is such a tease to be right by a park but not be able to go in!

IMG_2770.jpg

We went to the boat dock and saw the christmas wreath.

I took a little bit before the boat to get there but it wasn't too long, so I took some photos of the christmas tree.

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

We got off at the boardwalk stop because we wanted to walk around.

IMG_2779.jpg

We went in the candy store and I found these pretty cookies. I can't imagine them tasting good though!

IMG_2782.jpg

One day I would like to go to the ESPN club! It might not be the greatest food but Corey and I love watching football together, especially the packers.

IMG_2783.jpg

They were filming some sort of radio sports show so we watched that for a couple of minutes.

We then headed to the Beach Club! I just love that hotel.

IMG_2790.jpg

We were pretty early and she told us she wouldn't be able to seat us until our time which was like 30 minutes away. She made it seem as if it was a big deal I got there so early. Needless to say, they sat us 5 minutes later!

We had one of those nice two top booths that we had before.

IMG_2793.jpg

I started off with butternut squash soup. It was good but a little too sweet.

IMG_2794.jpg

Salad plate:

IMG_2795.jpg

I loved the shrimp and cocktail sauce and the tomato/mozz salad. Everything else was just blah!

Next plate:

IMG_2798.jpg

Everything was gross minus the red skinned potatoes. They were awesome! Cooked perfectly, hot, and nice amount of sea salt!

I went back up for more of my favorite things plus some pineapple.

IMG_2800.jpg

Corey just a bunch of these legs!

IMG_2801.jpg

They weren't the best crab legs, they were hard to peel and came out in chunks.

Time for dessert! They just recently got rid of their oreo bon bons so I have been in mourning.

IMG_2802.jpg

Now they have cheesecake with blueberry topping, flourless cake with a cherry topping, boston cream pie, flan and strawberry shortcake.

IMG_2804.jpg

The strawberry shortcake was very good!! It was light and fresh tasting and just really delicious if you like strawberry shortcake!

IMG_2805.jpg

All in all it wasn't that great of a meal. Corey really likes it here so I would go back for him but I probably wouldn't go back without him! The entrees really stink! The desserts are fine but would be better if they had oreo bon bons!

I believe we took a cab back to our hotel! Cabs are the way to go now!

Since it was our last night on vacation I took some more pictures of the Art of Animation.

I love the artwork in there.

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

At first when I saw pictures I though the lobby was very underwhelming. But when you are in it it isn't. It is bright and colorful and classy!

We walked back to our room and i made Corey take a picture under the Lion King log.

IMG_2812.jpg

There was a worker doing water art. Do they hire these people as artists or custodial workers???

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

When we got back Illuminations was on! At least I think it was? Maybe it was Fantasmic. I got excited to see that!

IMG_2819.jpg

Next up: the best half day at Magic Kingdom!

I just read through your whole report and I have to laugh at Emily painting her toes at the bus stop - that is ME!! As soon as I put nail polish on, I start chipping it off, so I always carry some in my purse. I definitely have had more than a couple of bus-waits where I hoped the bus would take a little longer just so I could finish ;)

Lol that is funny that you paint your toe nails in line too! I didn't think anyone else would have done that!

Hi Rachel I'm now caught up! Your photos of Illuminations are awesome! Actaully, all of your photos are so good. I have no clue what appeture or ISO mean so I just keep my Nikon on auto and shoot away. (I got Em a Canon 40D for her birthday since she's into photography now... hopefully she can teach me a thing or two!)

The Cars area at AoA is so wonderfully themed. I finally went on Radiator Springs Racers at Dis CA Adventure so now I can see how closely the theming at the resort matches the park. You have great photos of course!

So sad that you had to say good-bye to Emily but it sounds like your 6 months of planning paid off and she had a great time!

Now to go read your January TR!

OH wow thats such a nice bday present for her!! I now follow her on Instagram so I can see some of the pics! It definitely is hard to learn how to use the camera on non auto. Sometimes I still use auto too because there is less chance of me messing the picture up! I need to go to Disneyland!

The fountain in Morroco IS beautiful! I have a nice pic of my kids with it. I am so tempted to create a trip report and post pics but a little leery of having the kids pics online. :confused: But then again, I only have about 1000 pics of them on my FB. LOL :rotfl2:

PS- I'm going to check out your Jan report now. I love reading this~ makes me feel like 1.) I am in Disney and 2.) I know you. I really enjoy your take. It stinks that Emily had to leave a day early & that you were leaving the next day too. Disney is almost like Christmas for me. You plan and count down to the days and then when it arrives, it feels like it's over so fast. That's why it's nice to start planning another Disney trip right when you get home. ;) With Christmas, after it's over, I then count down to the warmer months.. lol
I know how you feel about posting your pics online. I don't have any kids so it is just me and I let myself post pics of me lol but my boyfriend doesn't want his pictures online but I don't listen to him haha! I hope the DIS is safe but you never know!

Aw thanks for the kind words! Yes Disney islike christmas! I hate when its over. I seriously miss it so much when I am gone. I think I am going back in April:dance3: I probably shouldn't but I get addicted.

We went in the candy store and I found these pretty cookies. I can't imagine them tasting good though!

IMG_2782.jpg

Belle and Ariel are pretty (and I could never, ever eat them!), but that Cinderella on the right looks a little like Beavis!! I hope it's just the light reflection!

I understand totally about the teasing before going in to a park. I took a quick three day shopping trip, no parks, with one of my sisters and a friend. I cried outside of MK because I wanted to go. We were taking a trip around the monorails. I then almost cried again at DHS because we were taking the boat to the Boardwalk! I always get hoppers when I do parks, so I've never had the experience of actually having park tickets but not being able to enter a park.

Those grumpy hats are top funny! :rotfl: Do you think people actually buy them to wear?
I was pro at taking the AoA buses instead of the pop ones, I love that they are connected. Pop was definitely a really nice resort, I loved it!
I LOVE THE CARS SECTION! I love it so much that I'm pretty sure I will be staying there during my spring break trip.
The worst part of a disney vacation is that they go by way to fast. You spend so long counting down and planning and when it comes down to the trip its gone in a blink of an eye

Hi, Rachel! I just came across your report and just finished reading the entire thing! What a great report and your pictures are awesome, too!

I'm having terrible Disney withdrawls, and your report helped a ton...I felt like I was right there with ya!

I loved seeing your pics of AoA, especially TLM rooms! My hubby and I checked it out back in September when we were there, and I wanted so badly to see inside a room!! We walked by some rooms that had the curtains open, but I was that someone might be inside so I didn't peek in!

I'm sorry that Emily had to go home. I can only imagine how much fun it was having her there and sharing all the fun with her.

I can't wait to read the rest! Thanks for taking the time to share your fun with us!

read your DR and then just had to read your TR. I am loving it. we will be at Epcot during F&W and I can't wait. Looking forward to your next report!!!

This morning was our last morning at Disney World :( We were spending the morning at MK and had to be back at our hotel at 1pm for our bus.

We finished packing this morning and lugged our stuff out. I had to stop and take pictures though because I haven't taken pictures of the Lion King section yet!

I had to take pics of the shower curtain and the window curtain!

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

The little cup thing in the LM section

IMG_2822.jpg

The pipe!

IMG_2824.jpg

Dingelhopper!!!! This was my favorite prop!

IMG_2825.jpg

Bye beautiful new hotel!

IMG_2826.jpg

We were so anxious to get a move on this entire trip that I didn't take any pictures of the other sections. So here is Lion King, one of my favorite movies of all time!

Zazu! Zasu? However you spell it!

IMG_2827.jpg

Scar. What a meanie!

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

Next up was the graveyard. The floor in this playground was foam and when you walked on it it felt so good! It was so bouncy and light. It just felt good on sore feet.

This area stunk though. It smelled like a bad rubber. I think it was from the squishy ground. It was really weird.

IMG_2830.jpg

Now time for my favorite feature in all of Art of Animation! The huge log with Simba, Timon, and Pumba on it!

IMG_2831.jpg

I think I love this so much because it is so massive an huge and larger than life. I loved walking under it!

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

The log was very realistic looking too! The characters not so realistic looking lol but the log was awesome!

IMG_2835.jpg

Pride Rock!

IMG_2837.jpg

Now Rafiki- one of my favorite disney characters of all time! I have good memories of him! When I was in 7th grade my family went to Disney World and I am pretty sure we were eating at the Swan character meal and Rafiki was there and Rafiki had the hugest crush on me! Lol. He proposed to me and then I ran into the bathroom because he was creeping me out. Then he waited for me outside of the bathroom until I finally came out. My parents had to come get me out! He was like giving me flowers and everything!

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

I finally made it to the check out area.

IMG_2841.jpg

We checked out and then dropped of my luggage.

While dropping off my luggage I noticed this woman that looked very familar! I then realized she is from the Nov Dis'ers FB group and she was leading our photopass share! I posted on the FB group to see if anyone was interested in a Photopass share and she was so she coordinated the entire share. It was a really good experience and she is a nice person! We took a picture together and it was nice to see her and meet her after talking to her for months!

After the Dis meet we got on the bus to MK and were in for a surprise!

IMG_2845.jpg

Belle and Ariel are pretty (and I could never, ever eat them!), but that Cinderella on the right looks a little like Beavis!! I hope it's just the light reflection!

Haha thats hilarious! I can kind of see what you mean! Her head looks very thin and tall!

I understand totally about the teasing before going in to a park. I took a quick three day shopping trip, no parks, with one of my sisters and a friend. I cried outside of MK because I wanted to go. We were taking a trip around the monorails. I then almost cried again at DHS because we were taking the boat to the Boardwalk! I always get hoppers when I do parks, so I've never had the experience of actually having park tickets but not being able to enter a park.
Haha yes it is horrible! We never get the hopper anymore so we are stuck in the park we choose. It is nice to save that extra money but I do miss the ability to hop.
Those grumpy hats are top funny! :rotfl: Do you think people actually buy them to wear?
I was pro at taking the AoA buses instead of the pop ones, I love that they are connected. Pop was definitely a really nice resort, I loved it!
I LOVE THE CARS SECTION! I love it so much that I'm pretty sure I will be staying there during my spring break trip.
The worst part of a disney vacation is that they go by way to fast. You spend so long counting down and planning and when it comes down to the trip its gone in a blink of an eye

I know aren't they funny!! I can picture some silly boys wearing them and buying them. I wouldn't though! Thats awesome that you are staying there! I am jealous!

Hi, Rachel! I just came across your report and just finished reading the entire thing! What a great report and your pictures are awesome, too!

I'm having terrible Disney withdrawls, and your report helped a ton...I felt like I was right there with ya!

I loved seeing your pics of AoA, especially TLM rooms! My hubby and I checked it out back in September when we were there, and I wanted so badly to see inside a room!! We walked by some rooms that had the curtains open, but I was that someone might be inside so I didn't peek in!

I'm sorry that Emily had to go home. I can only imagine how much fun it was having her there and sharing all the fun with her.

I can't wait to read the rest! Thanks for taking the time to share your fun with us!

Hi!!! Thanks for reading!! I am having withdrawals too! Oopsie! that is why I am going back in April!

read your DR and then just had to read your TR. I am loving it. we will be at Epcot during F&W and I can't wait. Looking forward to your next report!!!
Thanks soo much for reading!!! I have another trip report out there. The title says something about vinylmations! I will be going back in May too!

Sorry to see your fun trip come to a close.

Also - sorry that your CMC meal was a bust. I have only had dinner there once and it was so long ago that i barely remember it. I will say - they do have a great breakfast and the characters are awesome.

I have really enjoyed all your AoA pictures. I know I belong to DVC, but I still hope I get a chance to stay there at some point in my WDW travels - if for no other reason then I have to see that shower curtain in person. :rotfl2:

Glad you had a good experience with your PP share! Ours turned out to be massive and the DISer who coordinated it did a fabulous job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter