• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A movie idea.

ScubaD

She is my Disney
I was traveling today and during the flight I was reading the biography of Walt Disney, by Bob Thomas, and while I was reading it I kept thinking that this story would be a great movie. Maybe there is a movie already about Walt's life and how he started his cartooning career, then movies, and eventually the theme parks, but I have not heard of it.

If there is a movie out there let me know. If not, then maybe if there is enough interest on the Disboards maybe someone at Disney will notice and get the ball rolling at the Disney Studios.

Would anyone else be interested in a movie about Walt Disney's career?

Back when my children were in elementary school (they are 21 and 24 now) there was a television movie on Walt's life. Sort of a documentary type of feature.

I found this site which does have the film files of Walt's biography and background. Very interesting watching, I agree.

click here

If you go to MGM studios, on Mickey Avenue, just up from "the little mermaid", is a walk through attraction about Walt. At the end there is a small theater which shows a film covering the basics of Walt's life, from when he was a small boy growing up, to the plans for WDW.

It's only about 15 minutes long, but is very good.

Thanks for the information. I had heard of the tribute at MGM and will be there in July, so I will check it out. Thanks for the website too. I will view it later today.

I still think a movie made with today's technology would be great. Either on the big screen or a made-for-TV movie would be delightful.

What do others think on this subject?:cool2:

Back when my children were in elementary school (they are 21 and 24 now) there was a television movie on Walt's life. Sort of a documentary type of feature.

I found this site which does have the film files of Walt's biography and background. Very interesting watching, I agree.

click here

This histroy channel has a movie on Walt. Its out on DVD and was on cable this past weekend.

I think a movie on Walts life would be good. It would definitely be a rags to riches story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter