A Nicki and Todd dining review...with the nieces!! LIVE from the Poly!

Looking forward to your report. I have a DD9 and DD12 and the best advice I can give you is...don't let them get hungry! I know, it sometimes seems wrong to be allowing a snack half an hour before an ADR, but it will save the day, really.

Love the idea of a live report...bon voyage!

Realize they are going to complain, they are going to whine, but that despite it all they love you. Let them have a snack if they want even if close to their ADR time. Kids are ALWAYS hungry. How do I know...I just look at my food bill eveyr week when both boys are home. :rotfl:

I plan on bringing some snacks from home and maybe they will see other yummy stuff to buy at the parks so I can take pics and sneak a bite too!

Hey, I found you!! :goodvibes

Just wanted to say that Tangerine Cafe has pizza and nuggets on the kids menu :thumbsup2 My DS4 is a very picky eater!

Have a wonderful time!!

Count me in! Hope ya'll have a magical trip! pixiedust:

Looking forward to your reviews!

Looking forward to all your dining reviews and photos!!!

Woo Hoo! Count me in!! :cheer2:

Love your trip reports, they always make me feel like I am there. Can't wait!!popcorn::

Thanks for reading and joining in on the fun!!

Hey Nicki, hope you guys have a great trip! Hopefully we can meet up this time around since we didn't get there in October...looks like we will be at Epcot on Friday too (if DH is up to it) so maybe we will see you there! :)

That will be awesome! If you see us please say HI! We will be the exhaused couple being dragged by two kids!

Hi Nicki! I have been reading all of your past trip reports and love them. I keep telling my DH we have to eat here . . . oh come look at this. . . .what about this! And of course, he does this:rolleyes2 . I can't wait to hear about this trip and see your pictures. Too bad the weather wasn't better for you though.

My tip with kids, we have a 15 and 12 year old that we have been taking down there since they were 7 and 4, is to be sure to rest during the middle of the day. Go back to the resort and chill for a while. It has helped us with staying at the parks later at night then.

Have Fun!:flower3:

Hi there! Thanks for the kid tips and reading my sure to be hilarious (cuz of the kiddos) review!

Oh, I can't wait. We are staying at Poly for the first time this year. My dd loves Stitch so I have Ohana's booked for Breakfast. I have Kona booked for lunch and dinner. I can't wait to hear your reviews. Have a great trip.

Have a safe journey :car: and a magical time! pixiedust: I am so looking forward to this new "princess: with kids princess: " report! A whole new perspective.

I will be checking for updates from tomorrow on - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :goodvibes

Oh, you'll do fine... take rest often, let them snack, I have to pm you something else... and just remember, they will both want to do different things, because they're different ages... that compromise is a good thing, and the fact that there are 2 of you, and you can split up/meet up after a ride...

Enjoy yourself....get the girls into the food report... I'm sure when they know you're sharing with others, they'll want to get into it!

Can't wait!!!!

Have a safe drive! Can't wait to hear your reports! :hug:

Thanks my friend! One more hour and we be outta here! :drive:

Oh, I can't wait. We are staying at Poly for the first time this year. My dd loves Stitch so I have Ohana's booked for Breakfast. I have Kona booked for lunch and dinner. I can't wait to hear your reviews. Have a great trip.

You will LOVE the Ohana breakfast! DH and I did this in August and we loved it..you can get the pressed pot coffee there too!

pixiedust: Have a FABULOUS time!!!!pixiedust:

Thank you!

Have a safe journey :car: and a magical time! pixiedust: I am so looking forward to this new "princess: with kids princess: " report! A whole new perspective.

I will be checking for updates from tomorrow on - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :goodvibes

Ooh I cannot wait, one more hour! YAYAYAYAYAY!

I have heard great things about your reports so I am joining in on this one.

Thanks for joining in!

Oh, you'll do fine... take rest often, let them snack, I have to pm you something else... and just remember, they will both want to do different things, because they're different ages... that compromise is a good thing, and the fact that there are 2 of you, and you can split up/meet up after a ride...

Enjoy yourself....get the girls into the food report... I'm sure when they know you're sharing with others, they'll want to get into it!

Can't wait!!!!

Oh yes, I know they are going to think I am looney taking pics of the food so I will have them pose with the food too....they are huge camera hams! No worries I plan on taking pics of the food alone too! :upsidedow

Hi. :wave2:

I'm in! :goodvibes I've lurked through your other reports, but never actually been part of a live one! Very exciting. I can't wait to see how all your ressies pan out. :thumbsup2

Have a great time Nicki!

If you are staying GV at the Poly, request Fiji marina side, its a gorgeous view for Garden because you can actually see the marina & the volcano pool.

I am looking forward to another one of your reports! We will be there on Thursday, I can't wait! Have a great time! :goodvibes

Hi. :wave2:

I'm in! :goodvibes I've lurked through your other reports, but never actually been part of a live one! Very exciting. I can't wait to see how all your ressies pan out. :thumbsup2

Hi there! I too am interested in seeing how the meals work out!

Have a great time Nicki!

If you are staying GV at the Poly, request Fiji marina side, its a gorgeous view for Garden because you can actually see the marina & the volcano pool.

We stayed in the Fiji before but this time I requested Samoa for the kids to walk out to the volcano pool! So far so good :thumbsup2

I am looking forward to another one of your reports! We will be there on Thursday, I can't wait! Have a great time! :goodvibes

Hey you get to miss the cold weather!

Hoping you guys arrive safely.:goodvibes

We sure did, thanks for the wishes!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to drop you a note and let you know we arrived safely. Dinner was the fine cusine of McDonalds chicken nuggets! Everyone slept on the way up and miraculously woke up once the first WDW sign was spotted. We followed a few monorails and the little one said they were taking us to our hotel!

We pulled in to the Poly at 10:30 last night and the place was completely empty. The kids where so excited to see the tiki torches and they loved their leis. We had the 6 year old practicing ALOHA all the way up, she kept saying HOLA instead but got it right when we pulled up to valet...then she was saying it to everyone! After a quick call to their mom to let them know we were ok the kids were checking out the lobby and they both said this hotel was awesome! The little one could have stayed in the lobby watching cartoons all night!

The room is incredible, the Samoa building ground floor walk out to the volcano pool, hope it warms up for us to use it! It was 36 last night and a very cold 32 this morning....should warm up to 55 today eek!

I am the lone soldier up this morning, we have 8:05 ressies at CP and I am heck bent on making them! I still have to go to the lobby concierge this morning and get the kids tickets, they open at 7am.

So wish me luck everyone! We are coming back to the room to freshen up for dinner around 4, maybe take a nap too! While everyone is relaxing I will post breakfast, lunch and maybe snacks! Dinner tonight is 1900 PF, the little one is psyched to eat with Cindallella (cinderella!)

Thanks for the update! I just got in from work (6 hours ahead - time difference, LOL) and it is nice to know you made it to the Poly safely, have a nice room and are soon off to the MK!!!!! I envy you! Have fun and enjoy your breakfast and time at the MK!

How cool! Glad you made it there safe! Make sure you take some pictures of the room?? I want to see it!! :cheer2:

Have fun today!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great start so far. Looking forward to reading more tonight. :goodvibes

So glad the girls love the hotel! That's too cute about teaching the younger one to say Aloha! I bet she was so proud when she got it right. I hope it warms up for you too, I would love to see some pictures of that volcano pool! :goodvibes

Good luck with your early ressie. :thumbsup2

Glad you made it safe & sound :hug: but I can't believe you were up & posting at O'dark thirty :rotfl: Go have fun today! :goodvibes

What bliss to have arrived at the Poly! At this point you are probably enjoying your breakfast at Crystal Palace -- my mouth is watering just thinking about all the photos you are taking...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter