A Restful Spring Break? - A March/April 2024 Trip Report

What a great travel day! Everyone looks so happy to be up and at it so early. I feel like you've already got a lot done and its only your first day
We were so happy to be there. It's funny though, at the time you feel like are doing much but when you look back you actually did alot.

have never tasted them but everyone who does seems to rave about them and it's nice that you got to bring some home to enjoy.
They are good. But I don't fault anyone for not wanting to wait. We have really grown to love the cakes more than the cookies.

I need to get to Gideon's! The cakes are what looks yummy to me.
The cakes are our favorite now! Cookies are more to take home.

Wow! That was quite the Gideon's haul. I still haven't been there. It stays on my list for "next time" but never quite makes it to "It's time!"
There is always something on the list to still try. All best plans change.

THERE it is!! NOW you're on vacation! :) I love that you do this every trip!
Morgan was the one that remembered. Now that we don't need them for magic express we forget! Morgan is actually working on a digital art piece of all of our pics of this for Andy's birthday. I will share once it's done!

So far it's a great arrival day! You all look excited to be there - that little nap on the plane really helped. The cake at Gideon's looks so good. Hope you love your YC room!
The nap was DEF needed!!!

For your pre trip traumas: other than that, Mrs. Lincoln,how did you enjoy the play?
THis is a PERFECT statement!!! I love it.

Mostly a lurker! Keep thinking I will do a TR. we are here on a glorious almost 3 week trip. We live in Lancaster, PA, and take the autotrain down. 3 nights at the Jard Rock, 2 at AKL, and now 2 weeks at the Vistana, which I can get by renting form an owner for between 1000 and 1200 for a week. So lovely and a straight shot into WDW. It’s our first trip without kids, who re now 36 and 28. The 28 year old princess CANNOT believe we came without her and her hubby. We are enjoying not having their bar bill!
Andy talk about doing something like this one day. Right now we are fully remote, so we get. a place like you are staying at, work during the day, and have a good dinner at night and long weekends! perfect.

Absolutely following :-) Love your trip reports.... So glad you all were off to a great start once you actually arrived in Florida! Your YC room sounds like its going to be a good one- looking forward to hearing more!
Welcome!! Glad you are hear.

Enjoying your report and pictures! That was fast from airport to DS!
Thanks for following along! We weren't even rushing to get there. I mean we were excitied to get there but wans't working on a deadline or anything.

Yes! A Disney Springs day after my own heart. Jock Lindsay's is awesome - and I'm jealous that y'all got to sit inside the submarine thing! Those eggs with chicken looked sooooo yummy.

And Gideon's! Yum! The cookies freeze super well in my opinion; hopefully you agree! And you were able to get the coffee cake - yay! How was the cake?

Also jealous you got to see George! We've never seen him. Hope you have a lovely time at Wine Bar George...can't wait to read about it!

and I'm jealous that y'all got to sit inside the submarine thing! Those eggs with chicken looked sooooo yummy.
After having the fried chickon on the deviled eggs. ALL deviled eggs should have fried chicken on them.

And you were able to get the coffee cake - yay! How was the cake?
The coffee cake cookies was my favorite. Cake were great! We try them back in the room in later.

We love Jock Lindsay’s too! And I cannot wait to get some cookies again. (Some for the freezer too!) This time I’m also trying some cake!!
I am trying to hold off thawing one just a little longer. But I can hear them calling my name!

Travel Day - It's George! THE George!!

Once we had our sugary goodnewss, we scooted over to Wine Bar George. It was 2:15 when we got there. So we waited basically an hour to get cookies. It was funny, it didn't feel that long at the time. I guess we were just happy to be here.

It was pretty empty inside, as it was a Thursday at 2:00. So, there was no issue with getting there a little late. I asked to sit on the balcony, which was also not an issue since it was so empty!

We were brought upstairs almost immediately and seated on the balcony.
[/URL]

We saw George coming back with coffees! He clearly had gone and gotten coffee for a handful of people at the restaurant.

We started with some drinks,
Morgan ordered the Cherry Smash
[/URL]
cherry / lime / soda
She said this was very good. I did not get to try it.

Gwen just ordered water.

Andy ordered a glass of white wine, a riesling Selbach-Oster Qualitätswein, Mosel, Germany ‘20
[/URL]
He said he wanted a riesling and the server suggested this one. He liked it. And it was a nice sized glass.

I ordered Frozcato made with DOLE WHIP® Pineapple
[/URL]
Moscato / Vodka / Pineapple
This was very good, the vodka in it cut the sugar in the dole whip. I wanted to get a wine, but that list! It's overwhelming!!! And I was still in I need things to be easy mode.

For food, we ordered a few more snacks, since we had just eaten not too long ago.

I knew I wanted to try the Saganaki on Fire
[/URL]
Vlahotiri / Metaxa / crostini
We tried to film the fire part of this, but because we were outside you really couldn't see it. This was slightly disappointing to me. I wanted it to be more of a melty cheese, but it was more of a spongy cheese. BUT Andy really liked it. I didn’t hate it, just not my favorite.

We also ordered the Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites
[/URL]
tomato nage / pecorino
These were really good! Creamy cheese with a crispy outside.
[/URL]
These were probably my favorite of the 3 things we ordered.

We ordered the House-Made Meatballs
[/URL]
triple cheese polenta / tomato sauce
Meatballs were really good. Andy also really liked the polenta, but Morgan and I couldn’t really eat the polenta, as we both have a mild allergy to corn. It’s usually fine but something like polenta we just stay away from.

Everything was good here, but I wasn’t wow’d by anything specifically. Maybe it was because we weren't starving when we got here.

I did REALLY enjoy the view and would totally come back to sit up there and maybe just have a glass of wine and the charcuterie board. That sounds like bliss right now.

We just enjoyed the weather and view. And really just being there. It was nice but Gwen was ready for retail shopping. And kept asking when we were headed out. So, after about an hour, we paid the check and headed out.

As we were walking out, we say George just hanging out with a few of the stay members. We totally could have gone over and talked to him, but they were deep in conversation and I don't even know what I would have said to him.

OH! I also wanted to note that the day before we left I got a reminder text from Wine Bar George about our reservation, and it was def sent by a person. They spelled my name wrong and fixed it in a follow up text! The message was def a cut and paste message but it was def done by a person! I just thought it was intersting that they weren' using a service for that.

Gwen we anxious to hit the Disney Store. She was hoping to get a stuffed animal today, as she didn’t bring one with her. And even though she is a teenager now, she loves her stuffies.

so, around 3:30 we passed by Lego Store on our way to Disney Store
[/URL]

Chewy Lego by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
As we were passing by, I said it's funny that we have never actually gone IN the Lego Store! We love legos but the girls have grown out of it. If I got Morgan a set she would def build them but she is more into her art now. Anyway, there was a line to get in, so we weren't going to pop in today.

We headed into the World of Disney. That place always feels busy!!! Maybe because there are no walls, it just feels crazy.

We looked at ears and hats.
[/URL]
Gwen and I really liked these, but Morgan and Andy said we weren't "allowed to" since we aren't "real" Marvel fans...

I started to check out shirts a little but was trying to not really look just yet. I was trying to be good this trip and not buy too much.

We headed back to the plushies and specifically the Big Footies. If you have been following along for a few trips, Gwen has been collecting them over the years and she was hoping they would have some new ones. Which they did!
[/URL]
They had this one, and Gwen and I were trying to figure out who it was. It was clearly from Monsters Inc but we didn't know it as a character. There was a couple next to us doing the same thing! We both looked it up and it is apparently Mike's Doll. (which later in the week we watched Monster's University and it's in the movie, just sitting in his room!)

Gwen decided on a Donald Big Footie, which spurred a whole conversation on how they haven't done Mickey yet.
[/URL]
It was about 4:00 now and we were getting tired!

Andy was hoping to find a set of Star Wars figures that looked retro that he say online, so we headed the Star Wars Store.
[/URL]
But didn’t see anything he liked. We go into that store all the time and never find anything good.

It also had ALOT of stuff from Galaxy's Edge. Which whatever but it just makes the stuff in the land less special.

Andy had one more stop, he wanted a light weight jacket, so we stopped at UNIQLO.
At this point the girls were done, so we tried to make it quick. Andy found a shirt and a light weight jacket. He had a hard time with the jacket, as there was mostly size XSs.

After that we decided it was FINALLY time to head back. We were all ready to get to our room. We headed all the way back to the bus stop.
[/URL]

It was 4:45 PM when we were waiting for a bus back to Yacht Club! I didn't really know how long we would stay at Disney Springs, but I didn't think it would be that long.
[/URL]

[/URL]

Last edited:

Travel Day - The Perfect Room

But we didn't wait too long for a bus, as we were back at the resort at 5:06 PM

We quickly checked out the Easter Eggs in the lobby as we came back in.
[/URL

[/URL]

[/URL]

Welcome
See our Gideon's already sitting there and snacked on.

[/URL]

Our room number was 3065 It was about half way down from the lobby, but it was a corner room with lots of windows. It was perfect!
[/URL]
We had 2 windows on the one side and then the slider with the balcony. With the them all open, there was so much light in the room. It was fantastic!

I was kind of sad we were only here for 4 days... It really was such a nice room.

[/URL]
Our View from the Balcony.

[[/URL]
And the view when you looked towards EPCOT.
I was pretty sure we would be able to see the fireworks from the room. Gwen’s bed was perfect to watch literally from the bed.

Andy called for our bags while I was checking my email, and then realized that the groceries were delivered as well. So, the guy came up twice, oops. Sorry sir...

We unpacked and put away all of the groceries / snacks. And tried the cakes!
[[/URL]
This was the

VALENTINA’S CAKE

This alluring dessert can now be yours as a whole cake preorder! Enjoy our Classic Red Velvet Cake covered in a light and fluffy new Cookies & Cream Marshmallow Buttercream and accented with our unique Black Marshmallow Buttercream Ribbons and Red Ganache!

I was sold on this one because of the marcshmallow buttercream. And it was so food. the icing had a lightness to it with the marshmellow in it.

I didn't get a picture of Morgan's Dark Chocolate Cake as she dived in almost immediatly. But that one was good as welll. SUPER rich!

The Key Lime Cake is still my favorite. And they did have it while we were there but not on days that we could get over to Disney Springs, sadly.

We just relaxed in the room, we weren't hungry for dinner after all our snacking at Disney Springs.

Finally around 8:30 I went and laid out PJs for the girls from Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell Gifts
The pjs have become a tradtion to get on the first night. And since we weren't leaving the room again, I just laid them out in the bathroom and very obviously had to tell the girls to go check out the bathroom.

I was probably a little too excited when I was doing this to discover that they the individual bottles of Sea Salt Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash!

We waited till 9:00 to see if we could see the Fireworks from the room and we could!!!
[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
Andy & Gwen watched from the bed and Morgan and I stood on the balcony. It was a little weird, as we hadn't seen the new show yet, so we didn't know when it was over. But still AMAZING to watch from the room!!!

Also, this was our night view!
[/URL]

It was a perfect cap on the evening. We all turned in for the night.

----------------------------------------Up next......... Our first park day!------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Nice arrival day. I think it's smart to start out with DS. Your room DOES look perfect! I love a corner room. And the fireworks - you really lucked out!

What a great room!!!! And that view. I would sit there all night and just look.

And darn it...the infinity stone ears??!!! I was looking for those while I was down there. I specifically asked in Magic Kingdom if they had them anywhere on property and was told no. The CM said they couldn't get them in Florida because of the contract with Universal so only Disneyland had them but maybe I could find them online. And you found them at World of Disney??!!! Again I say DARN IT!!!! Oh well, I got a great pair of Evil Queen ears. I guess I'll get the infinity stone ones at a later time.

You had such a wonderful afternoon at Disney Springs! It’s a shame you didn’t get to personally say hi to George, but it’s fun that you spotted him!

Your room at Yacht Club - WOW! What a great room (love all the windows!) and an AWESOME view! I’m copying your fantastic idea to gift pajamas to my girls on their first day and excited to see my older daughter’s reaction. I love the tradition you’ve created with your Tinkerbelle gifts!

Love your sneak peak picture and can’t wait to see how your Epcot day unfolds…

Such a wonderful view! The Yacht Club is definitely one of my favorite Disney hotels. The first day looks like it went picture perfect! I am drooling over the Gideons. Believe it or not, I have never actually had it! I may have to make some time for the springs next week.

Such a great start to arrival day! Sounds like something we’d enjoy next trip.

We finally did Disney Springs last trip after not being there in about 15 years. Gideon’s and DDs love for shopping had me put it in our itinerary mid trip. We enjoyed it more than we thought! We also had a bit later flight (we’re 6 am flight people too!) since DD had school that morning so we didn’t do a park on arrival day. We enjoyed not rushing to a park on arrival, having dinner at the resort and having a slower paced first day.

We plan on doing an earlier flight on arrival day next trip and going to Disney Springs. Your day is giving me some great ideas!!

What an amazing room view!!! What a great way to end the night.

Last edited:
After having the fried chickon on the deviled eggs. ALL deviled eggs should have fried chicken on them.
I haven't tried any like this yet but it sounds awesome!!
The coffee cake cookies was my favorite. Cake were great! We try them back in the room in later.
Coffee cake is delish!
It was pretty empty inside, as it was a Thursday at 2:00. So, there was no issue with getting there a little late. I asked to sit on the balcony, which was also not an issue since it was so empty!
the balcony at Wine Bar George is our favorite! Glad you enjoyed it!
She said this was very good. I did not get to try it.
The Cherry smash is one of the drinks we really like (since we don't drink). Glad she liked it!
See our Gideon's already sitting there and snacked on.
love this! :)
We had 2 windows on the one side and then the slider with the balcony. With the them all open, there was so much light in the room. It was fantastic!
your room is amazing! How awesome!
I was sold on this one because of the marcshmallow buttercream. And it was so food. the icing had a lightness to it with the marshmellow in it.
that sounds soooooooo goood!

When we walked in, it was pretty much empty and we were able to sit basically wherever. The girls picked the same spot as last time, the submarine looking seats.
What a great travel day! And so fun you all got the same special table as last time.
We also brought 4 cookies home with us and are now in the freezer to eat later on.
I’m still eating my freezer Gideon’s! I’ll be so sad when we run out.
Our room number was 3065 It was about half way down from the lobby, but it was a corner room with lots of windows. It was perfect!
That looks like the perfect location for sure!!
The message was def a cut and paste message but it was def done by a person! I just thought it was intersting that they weren' using a service for that.
So interesting, that’s surprising.
The pjs have become a tradtion to get on the first night.
I love that tradition! I did the same this year but gave them the night before we flew out.
We waited till 9:00 to see if we could see the Fireworks from the room and we could!!!
What a great view of the fireworks! An even more perfect start to your trip.

What a perfect arrival day. The Yacht Club is my favourite hotel of all time. Your room is gorgeous and seeing fireworks before bed is just awesome. Looking forward to the next instalment of your trip and also seeing Morgan's artwork.

our room DOES look perfect! I love a corner room. And the fireworks - you really lucked out!
This was like the rolls royce of corner rooms. The only thing that would make it better was if the balcony wrapped around. I am sad that we will probably never get that room again. But I will def try!

What a great room!!!! And that view. I would sit there all night and just look.
It was a great view!

And darn it...the infinity stone ears??!!! I was looking for those while I was down there. I specifically asked in Magic Kingdom if they had them anywhere on property and was told no.
Oh no!!! I feel like you need to have a 3 CM rule. You need to ask 3 different CMs questions, and my guess 2 will say the same thing and one will have a wrong answer.

It’s a shame you didn’t get to personally say hi to George, but it’s fun that you spotted him!
It's my fault for not saying hello. We totally could have.

I’m copying your fantastic idea to gift pajamas to my girls on their first day and excited to see my older daughter’s reaction. I love the tradition you’ve created with your Tinkerbelle gifts!
YEAH!!! It's a fun tradition. I love the tinkerbell gifts but it is harder to plan now that they are older.

Love your sneak peak picture and can’t wait to see how your Epcot day unfolds…
Getting the first day started hopefully today! I started the sneak peak photo on a whim and I have to admit kind of love the idea. hopefully I can keep it up!

I am drooling over the Gideons. Believe it or not, I have never actually had it! I may have to make some time for the springs next week.
It's worth at least trying. The best time to go, to me is when they have the virtual line. You just get on it, go do soem stuff in Disney Springs and then come back. But you never know when they will have it.

Such a great start to arrival day! Sounds like something we’d enjoy next trip.
It was a great day!

We plan on doing an earlier flight on arrival day next trip and going to Disney Springs. Your day is giving me some great ideas!!
Sounds like a great idea! ha!

That was such a great 1st day.
Thanks it was nice and relaxing of a day.

that sounds soooooooo goood!
It was!

Coffee cake is delish!
I just wish we had gotten more so I had one now.

Love that corner room!
It was amazing. I said I could live there forever.

I love that tradition! I did the same this year but gave them the night before we flew out.
Love it! And smart since you were already in a hotel.

What a great travel day! And so fun you all got the same special table as last time.
The girls love that area.

What a perfect arrival day. The Yacht Club is my favourite hotel of all time. Your room is gorgeous and seeing fireworks before bed is just awesome. Looking forward to the next instalment of your trip and also seeing Morgan's artwork.
Thanks. Morgan's artwork is coming up next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter