A trip to WDW w/NO kids? Hubba Hubba! Wink Wink! UPDATE: EXTRA, EXTRA!!! Pg 158

that's probably why it was so darn crowded! Thanks...but I would not do that. Because I know how hard it was to get that reservation, and I believe that people who eat there SHOULD have the privelege to go out on the balcony, without people "sneaking" in. If it was something just anyone could get to, it wouldn't be special.

I totally agree

Yay, you are back with some updates:cool1:

Dessert looked super yummy:goodvibes

Too funny about the texting:rotfl:

Love the special effects shot of fireworks with camera...super cool:thumbsup2
Looking forward to more popcorn::

thanks for being here girl!

oh all those desserts at Disney were a dream! :goodvibes

Yes and upon seeing the drink receipt I know now why we don't normally drink at the park. Wow and they included the gratuity how kind.

:lmao:

maybe they have to since the gratuity for the meal was included on the main receipt (paid by disney though) :confused3

Hey an update!!! :cool1:

That dinner and desert looks so yummy! You are making me hungry. I haven't even had breakfast yet.

That's so wonderful that you got to see Wishes from the CR balcony. I didn't know they pipe the music up there too. That's so cool! Experiancing something new with your husband at one of the most magical places on earth is so great. I don't blame you for tearing up. I probably would have done the same.

I can't wait to read more and hear about who got kissed by who! :thumbsup2

It was so wonderful! I'd eat there again just to have that experience (but only on the dining plan cuz I can't afford it otherwise :lmao:)

ooh I think you know that one, but sshhhhhh!

BTW, I edited your post to say CR instead of GF ;)

Time to do the update dance.....

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That steak looked AWESOME!!! I want one!!

:thumbsup2

Oh yes, it was very good! BUT I may have had better later on ;)

Oh That looks sooooo good!

It was! (the cheese was the only bad thing we had. hehe)

Great Update! Can't wait for more :thumbsup2

thanks! I would like to roll a couple more out this week. I am gonna try reall hard! :thumbsup2

An update...woo hoo :cool1:

That food looks delish! We have yet to eat there.

Keep'em coming girl :thumbsup2

It was a nice meal. But I have to say, I don't think I will be going back there for a very long time. Maybe my 10th anniversary. :rotfl:

It will take me that long, maybe longer, to make it through all the other Disney restaurants that I haven't tried and really want to. And I just can't justify spending that much (or using 2 TS credits) when it wasn't THE BEST I've ever had.

It was really nice though, watching Wishes from the balcony.

It was so wonderful! I'd eat there again just to have that experience (but only on the dining plan cuz I can't afford it otherwise :lmao:)

ooh I think you know that one, but sshhhhhh!

BTW, I edited your post to say CR instead of GF ;)

Oh I hear you there. There's quite a few things I wouldn't do if it weren't for the free dining plan. Like go to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show.

My lips are sealed madam! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: thanks for catching that.

Oh I hear you there. There's quite a few things I wouldn't do if it weren't for the free dining plan. Like go to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show.

My lips are sealed madam! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: thanks for catching that.

Yeah, I don't blame you there!

thanks! :thumbsup2

no prob, bob! errr...Carla :rotfl:

update coming up NEXT!!

Day 3: Part 1 - MGM Day!!!

We woke up, had a quick breakfast in the room (cereal), I grabbed my coffee in my to-go cup:thumbsup2 , and we ran to the bus stop for MGM! We ended up hopping on one with standing room only. But that’s okay, we were determined to make it to rope drop!

We made our way in just in time to catch most of the opening show. We had never seen this before now. ALTHOUGH, I had something else on my mind----Tower of Terror! We started off in that direction as SOON as they officially opened up MGM for the day! We rode a couple times (and normally would go back and forth between it and RnR but RnR was closed. :sad:)

As we made our way to the next attraction, we stopped to take a few pictures. I wanted to do some fun shots so I tried to get Mike to make faces with me and as usual he didn’t cooperate too well. Then the photog asked him to act like a monster and for me to act scared, but that didn’t work either. LOL AND UNFORTUNATELY my dumb *** didn’t go retrieve our pictures in time, so I don’t have any of my photopass pics. :sad: I don’t know WHAT I was thinking! (This year we WILL get those fun pictures again and I will have them for y’all :thumbsup2)

The good news is we did have him take a couple pics with our camera, too.

P1010180.jpg

P1010181.jpg

I was laughing because we had just taken those silly pics. :laughing:

I think it was in between our rides on ToT that I remembered to grab some Anniversary buttons. Well, okay, our Anniversary is really in November, and it’s too busy during Thanksgiving---not to mention free dining is in SEPTEMBER. ;) I don’t think anyone will mind too much that we celebrated early? (am I right? :confused3)

The reason I mention this is because as we were walking along the shops, someone special took notice to these buttons we had on…

Her name is Rosie, the Cleaning Lady…..and she’s a RIOT! She is dressed up in this crazy cleaning lady costume, and is boisterous (reminded me of a VERY outlandish Lucille Ball) and fun! She had a couple of older women sitting with her. When she saw us, she exclaimed “Ohh, Ohhh, Looook! It’s their ANNIVERSARY!!! Girls, girls, look!” And let me tell you, that voice does NOT go unnoticed. These ladies were cracking up on either side of the bench with her. There was no way we were walking past her. :lmao:
She asked us how long, and when we said One year, she insisted on singing to us. She asked her new “friends” to sing along with her. She started…”HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAAAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---*COUGH COUGH* HAPPPPPP-EEEEEEE---ANNNNNN---IIIIII---VERRRRR---SARRRRYYYYY!”

Okay, here’s a good example (and pretty funny itself) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE

She drew quite a bit of attention to herself (and us) but we just thought she was hilarious! I never got to experience anything quite like that at Disney (probably b/c we always go during the summer when there’s so many people EVERYWHERE and much less chance of those gems of a moment)

Anywho, after that display, we wanted a picture with her. So she asked one of her “friends” if they’d take a picture of the 3 of us. She got between Mike and I, and to his surprise she planted a big ole KISS on his cheek! Did I mention her outlandish MAKE-UP including RED LIPSTICK? Well, as I was laughing at HIM, she plants a big one on ME too! :rotfl2:

The result:
P1010190.jpg

We walked around most of the day with those giant lipstick prints on our faces.

Here’s some fun pics as we were playing in the shops.

P1010192.jpg

Here’s my pirate
P1010193.jpg

P1010194.jpg

He may not be Jack Sparrow…but I love him!

These pics may be out of order, but I believe from there we headed to GMR.

Obligatory pic
P9170183.jpg

Then I’m not quite sure where this fits in, but it’s in this order in my pics so here are a couple more actors:
P9170189.jpg

The man you see there, we later saw him as we were walking out, and he said “Oh what a little pixie woman you are!” :rotfl: Mike REALLY got a kick out of this and starting repeating it to me randomly throughout the day.

Then we went to the Animation Studio to try a little drawing.

P9170199.jpg

P9170200.jpg

Can you see who we were drawing? Do I look focused or what??

P9170204.jpg

That is me saying, “Mike, would you stop taking pictures and DRAW”

This was our first time for this so we really really enjoyed it!

Here is Mike’s
P9170205.jpg

I don’t have a closeup of mine but you can see it pretty well in that last pic. Who did better, huh huh? :hyper:

I wish I could find those drawings---if I find them before finishing this report I will take a better picture and post them.

(continued in next post)

Next we were off to the Backlot tour. Mike LOVES looking at all the props in that room, and we almost missed our tram because he was enjoying it so much. We ended up getting a seat at the very back.

Here’s a video he took, and even though there’s no sound (we really have to invest in a video cam) I still think it’s pretty cool!

I won’t post too much more since they are all the same. But these I love:
P9170212.jpg

Riding in the back has its advantages…you can get some cool scenery shots!

P9170220.jpg

I love the way this picture came out with the building behind him (as we were going around the curve)
P9170221.jpg

Exploring the post-tram area…

LUKE….okay, you know the rest
P9170222.jpg

This is me being…
P9170223.jpg

A little Veklempt! (or however you spell it)

Hehehehe

I’d like to accept this award on behalf of my fellow DISers
P9170224.jpg

I won??!

P9170225.jpg

NO, Mike you’re NOT a father. :lmao:

If this pic hadn’t come out so DOGGONE blurry it would have been cute
P9170226.jpg

Next up…EXTRA, EXTRA, lead all about it!

omg I LOVED your update. Rosie cracks me up! and that lipstick on your cheeks is ungodly but hilarious!!

and I really LOL'd about the Pixie Woman thing. :lmao: I had forgotten about that!! I must say that you did the better drawing of Donald IMHO :thumbsup2

Oh and the 2nd picture of you guys at the beginning of the update I think is fantastic!

I love the picture of you holding the award. You really do look like you're thanking the acadamy :rotfl: Mike is too funny too. His face in pictures just cracks me up!

Too bad the one of you in the Goofy had turned out so blurry :sad2:

And I MUST say that I'm SO glad that RnR is going to be open this September. I really missed that ride last year. Hopefully I can find you or Nikki at MGM so I can ride it with someone. We all need to go on both together. That would be fun! :thumbsup2

Fantastic update girl!!! What great memories! :goodvibes

What a great update!!!

First part with Rosie was a riot :lmao:

I love that you both wore that kiss mark all day:rotfl:

A little pixie, how cute:goodvibes

I love MGM street performers...those plumbers guys are a riot:rotfl:

I have to say, sorry Mike, but Cheri Donald was way better:thumbsup2

Great update. I really enjoyed it. Hmm we don't have a Rosie in California, not fair. I love the lipstick pictures.

YAY updates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: Rosie seemed funny, but I get so embarassed being called out like that. That's why Darren and I only wore the just married buttons and not the hat and veil ears! I'm too darn shy. :sad2:

Can't wait for the rest! popcorn::

Great update Cheri!

I was bummed too when RnR was closed. That ride makes DHS for me.:love:

Rosie looks like a hoot, and the lipstick kisses are just hilarious!

Can't wait for the next update.

67 days and counting :banana: :banana: :banana:

great update loved the pics...that is a really good donald that you:thumbsup2 drew, mikes not so much.:rotfl:

omg I LOVED your update. Rosie cracks me up! and that lipstick on your cheeks is ungodly but hilarious!!

and I really LOL'd about the Pixie Woman thing. :lmao: I had forgotten about that!! I must say that you did the better drawing of Donald IMHO :thumbsup2

thanks! :goodvibes (I usually suck at drawing, but I follow directions MUCH better than Mike does. :rotfl:)

Oh and the 2nd picture of you guys at the beginning of the update I think is fantastic!

thanks!

I love the picture of you holding the award. You really do look like you're thanking the acadamy :rotfl: Mike is too funny too. His face in pictures just cracks me up!

Thanks! I hope to get even more funny faces this year!

Too bad the one of you in the Goofy had turned out so blurry :sad2:

And I MUST say that I'm SO glad that RnR is going to be open this September. I really missed that ride last year. Hopefully I can find you or Nikki at MGM so I can ride it with someone. We all need to go on both together. That would be fun! :thumbsup2

Fantastic update girl!!! What great memories! :goodvibes

That would be a lot of fun! You both can join me on one of my...what was it...8,562,497 times? :lmao: Just run to it in the morning and you should see me at some point ;)

What a great update!!!

First part with Rosie was a riot :lmao:

I love that you both wore that kiss mark all day:rotfl:

A little pixie, how cute:goodvibes

I love MGM street performers...those plumbers guys are a riot:rotfl:

I have to say, sorry Mike, but Cheri Donald was way better:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Oh, Mike was DYING to get that kiss mark off his face. I know we removed it before dinner at some point. It was NOT EASY to get all that red off!

hehehe...I won't tell. :ssst:

Great update. I really enjoyed it. Hmm we don't have a Rosie in California, not fair. I love the lipstick pictures.

thanks!

Maybe she is somewhere...you never know. I had never seen her before this trip. (and probably won't see her again) I think they rotate the streetmosphere performers.

YAY updates!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: Rosie seemed funny, but I get so embarassed being called out like that. That's why Darren and I only wore the just married buttons and not the hat and veil ears! I'm too darn shy. :sad2:

Can't wait for the rest! popcorn::

Aww, you shy thing. If we had gone for our honeymoon, we would have worn the ears. We're both pretty "out there" and don't mind stuff like that. :thumbsup2

The next update will probably be mostly pics. So I will try to get that out this week sometime. Mike works til 9 tonight so it's a possibility for tonight, but not a definite.

Great update Cheri!

I was bummed too when RnR was closed. That ride makes DHS for me.:love:

Rosie looks like a hoot, and the lipstick kisses are just hilarious!

Can't wait for the next update.

67 days and counting :banana: :banana: :banana:

thanks!

She was so funny...I love special moments like those!

oh yeah!!!! :rockband: Almost to the 2 month mark! :scared1: :banana:

great update loved the pics...that is a really good donald that you:thumbsup2 drew, mikes not so much.:rotfl:

thanks! :rotfl: I'll keep that on the DL...don't want him getting his feelings hurt. ;)

Aww, you shy thing. If we had gone for our honeymoon, we would have worn the ears. We're both pretty "out there" and don't mind stuff like that. :thumbsup2

The next update will probably be mostly pics. So I will try to get that out this week sometime. Mike works til 9 tonight so it's a possibility for tonight, but not a definite.

Darren is not shy at all though. I'm only shy around big crowds where all the attention is on me. If I'm just around friends and stuff it's no big deal. Darren though, he'll yell loud enough for ANYONE to hear! :lmao:

Day 3: Part 1 - MGM Day!!!

We woke up, had a quick breakfast in the room (cereal), I grabbed my coffee in my to-go cup:thumbsup2 , and we ran to the bus stop for MGM! We ended up hopping on one with standing room only. But that’s okay, we were determined to make it to rope drop!

We made our way in just in time to catch most of the opening show. We had never seen this before now. ALTHOUGH, I had something else on my mind----Tower of Terror! We started off in that direction as SOON as they officially opened up MGM for the day! We rode a couple times (and normally would go back and forth between it and RnR but RnR was closed. :sad:)

As we made our way to the next attraction, we stopped to take a few pictures. I wanted to do some fun shots so I tried to get Mike to make faces with me and as usual he didn’t cooperate too well. Then the photog asked him to act like a monster and for me to act scared, but that didn’t work either. LOL AND UNFORTUNATELY my dumb *** didn’t go retrieve our pictures in time, so I don’t have any of my photopass pics. :sad: I don’t know WHAT I was thinking! (This year we WILL get those fun pictures again and I will have them for y’all :thumbsup2)

The good news is we did have him take a couple pics with our camera, too.

P1010180.jpg

P1010181.jpg

I was laughing because we had just taken those silly pics. :laughing:

I think it was in between our rides on ToT that I remembered to grab some Anniversary buttons. Well, okay, our Anniversary is really in November, and it’s too busy during Thanksgiving---not to mention free dining is in SEPTEMBER. ;) I don’t think anyone will mind too much that we celebrated early? (am I right? :confused3)

The reason I mention this is because as we were walking along the shops, someone special took notice to these buttons we had on…

Her name is Rosie, the Cleaning Lady…..and she’s a RIOT! She is dressed up in this crazy cleaning lady costume, and is boisterous (reminded me of a VERY outlandish Lucille Ball) and fun! She had a couple of older women sitting with her. When she saw us, she exclaimed “Ohh, Ohhh, Looook! It’s their ANNIVERSARY!!! Girls, girls, look!” And let me tell you, that voice does NOT go unnoticed. These ladies were cracking up on either side of the bench with her. There was no way we were walking past her. :lmao:
She asked us how long, and when we said One year, she insisted on singing to us. She asked her new “friends” to sing along with her. She started…”HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAAAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---*COUGH COUGH* HAPPPPPP-EEEEEEE---ANNNNNN---IIIIII---VERRRRR---SARRRRYYYYY!”

Okay, here’s a good example (and pretty funny itself) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE

She drew quite a bit of attention to herself (and us) but we just thought she was hilarious! I never got to experience anything quite like that at Disney (probably b/c we always go during the summer when there’s so many people EVERYWHERE and much less chance of those gems of a moment)

Anywho, after that display, we wanted a picture with her. So she asked one of her “friends” if they’d take a picture of the 3 of us. She got between Mike and I, and to his surprise she planted a big ole KISS on his cheek! Did I mention her outlandish MAKE-UP including RED LIPSTICK? Well, as I was laughing at HIM, she plants a big one on ME too! :rotfl2:

The result:
P1010190.jpg

We walked around most of the day with those giant lipstick prints on our faces.

Here’s some fun pics as we were playing in the shops.

P1010192.jpg

Here’s my pirate
P1010193.jpg

P1010194.jpg

He may not be Jack Sparrow…but I love him!

These pics may be out of order, but I believe from there we headed to GMR.

Obligatory pic
P9170183.jpg

Then I’m not quite sure where this fits in, but it’s in this order in my pics so here are a couple more actors:
P9170189.jpg

The man you see there, we later saw him as we were walking out, and he said “Oh what a little pixie woman you are!” :rotfl: Mike REALLY got a kick out of this and starting repeating it to me randomly throughout the day.

Then we went to the Animation Studio to try a little drawing.

P9170199.jpg

P9170200.jpg

Can you see who we were drawing? Do I look focused or what??

P9170204.jpg

That is me saying, “Mike, would you stop taking pictures and DRAW”

This was our first time for this so we really really enjoyed it!

Here is Mike’s
P9170205.jpg

I don’t have a closeup of mine but you can see it pretty well in that last pic. Who did better, huh huh? :hyper:

I wish I could find those drawings---if I find them before finishing this report I will take a better picture and post them.

(continued in next post)

Cute update!! I swear, you are so photogenic!!!

Sorry Cheri I didn't realise you were updating again :blush:

You and DH make such a cute couple, especially with those lipstick kisses on :rotfl2: Oh and I don't think there's anything wrong in celebrating a little early :goodvibes

Darren is not shy at all though. I'm only shy around big crowds where all the attention is on me. If I'm just around friends and stuff it's no big deal. Darren though, he'll yell loud enough for ANYONE to hear! :lmao:

:rotfl:

Cute update!! I swear, you are so photogenic!!!

aww thanks :blush:

Sorry Cheri I didn't realise you were updating again :blush:

You and DH make such a cute couple, especially with those lipstick kisses on :rotfl2: Oh and I don't think there's anything wrong in celebrating a little early :goodvibes

Yup, been trying to finish this thing. I really like to finish what I start! ::yes::

awww thanks! :goodvibes

Glad you are back with me!! :woohoo:

thanks! :goodvibes (I usually suck at drawing, but I follow directions MUCH better than Mike does. :rotfl:)

thanks!

Thanks! I hope to get even more funny faces this year!

That would be a lot of fun! You both can join me on one of my...what was it...8,562,497 times? :lmao: Just run to it in the morning and you should see me at some point ;)

:lmao: that is too funny. Chris was still better than me at those drawings. I only draw good when I can sketch things and am not rushing.

YOu're welcome

You're welcome again! Oh I'm sure you will! He's one silly guy!

:rotfl: alrighty, I'll look for ya :thumbsup2

Like I said before a lot of these might be out of order, because some of the pics got mixed up and I just can’t remember well enough…but the order really isn’t important in this case.

We didn’t get any pics of this meal, but I know we ate at the Backlot Express around 12:30-1:00. We split a grilled chicken salad, a coke, and marble chocolate cheesecake. It was very satisfying and only used 1 CS credit! I called my cousin because I thought she was a lunch, but Doh! I forgot about the time difference. Whoops!

We were walking along at some point (and kept getting mixed up because of construction that was going on) and encountered a gaggle of characters. Yes, a GAGGLE. You don’t see THIS every day!

P9170207.jpg

I figure these people must have won a special dream or something. They were with some CM’s and were getting to take pictures with all the characters. I was SO jealous! Mike is funny…he told me to go stand there and smile….so he could take a pic of me “with the characters” I said, “honey, you are crazy. This is silly” but he INSISTED.

P9170208.jpg

P9170209.jpg

Moving right along…we made it over to something I really wanted Mike to see, since we missed it when we went with my parents in 2006.

Indiana Jones!!!!!

When they started asking for people…

They asked for a man first. I tried to get Mike to go but he hadn’t seen this show before so I guess he just wanted to watch. I told him I’d go….so just when I knew they were about ready to call for someone, I was right on cue jumping up and screaming “Woohoo!!” She was starting to say “I need someone really excited [insert me screaming “woohoo“ here]….like this blonde here!” :lmao:

P9170227.jpg

They introduced me and asked me to giggle like a princess, and I sorta did a Minnie/Cinderella combo. Everyone cracked up and I ate it up
See:
P9170228.jpg

Here’s a blurry pic of me going back to get into costume
P9170232.jpg

Can you just feel the excitement, even through the blurriness?

I kind of felt bad that Mike had to sit there by himself though.

He took a TON of pics though. Here are a couple of the star…
P9170236.jpg

P9170237.jpg

This costume was huge on me…you should have seen them trying to fit me in one. :rotfl2:
P9170241.jpg

Prince Ali, Fabulous he, Ali Ababwa….

P9170245.jpg

Genuflect, shom some respect..Down on one knee!

P9170251.jpg

Now, try your best to stay calm, Brush up your sunday salaam, Then come and meet his spectacular coterie

P9170254.jpg

(uhh..why am I doing this? LOL)

I got the perfect role….a shopper! ;)
P9170266.jpg

A few more pics
P9170273.jpg

P9170275.jpg

P9170279.jpg

Let me take this moment to interject…I got to meet Indy, and he was a total hottie! Don’t tell Mike I said so. :ssst: (girls…try to get in that show!! :teeth: )

P9170287.jpg

And we make our exit!
P9170291.jpg

That’s the end of my short-lived career.

When we left there we finally found the Well outside and I pulled the rope. That was pretty cool! If you haven't done it before, check it out just outside the Indy arena. :thumbsup2

(continued in next post)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter