A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

DOes anyone know if you get the confirmation at the end of the reservation or by email?

TIA!

It states that the reservation as entered into and confirmed by our system will be honored. This is right on the reservation print out. I am planning on them honoring. We have called corporate and spoke to a Debra and she stated that the rate will be honored. she even added a room for us because the rate appeared for her also.

PhotobearSam said:
I just called the Hotel Directly...The reservation desk was closed because they are CLOSED repairing the damage from the Hurricanes last year.

The lady I spoke to said their grand-re opening is this summer..She knew nothing about the rates as she does not work for reservations but indicated that it may be a marketing ploy to get customers back...

If they don't want to honour it...they won't...I don't think they will get fired over it.

just my 2 cents.

I just called and was told the same thing...it wll be interesting to see what happens

jcanary said:
It states that the reservation as entered into and confirmed by our system will be honored. This is right on the reservation print out. I am planning on them honoring. We have called corporate and spoke to a Debra and she stated that the rate will be honored. she even added a room for us because the rate appeared for her also.

That's about what the worlwide reservation lady said when I talked to her, that if you have the rate on a printed out confirmation she thought LEGALLY they would have to honor it. We will see..............

Looks like they might be fixing the problem- doesn't matter what date I put in I keep coming up with no rooms available. I put in dates for August, Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec and getting the same message. I had the .98 rate description up at one point and then *poof*, it went to something like no rate descrition available at this time. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Hubby even said we could do it...

the site is www.hiorlando.com says its opening on 1st july. it closed last september due to hurricane damage. i was told that it has had a FULL renovation and refurbishment.

Unless they would have some sort of disclaimer in their confirmation, I think the rates would have to be honored. The confirmation itself is a contract of sorts...Basically saying that the "negotiating" period is over and a settlement has been reached for a particular rate.

It sounds like the verbage on the confirmation that was posted here says that in not so many words.

If they had something in their confirmation that stated that obvious rate mistakes would not be honored, that would be something different altogether and they would probably have an out. Although, they probably could not get away with charging anyone a cancellation fee...Since it would not be a customer-induced cancellation.

jcanary said:

can you please tell me what number you called to get this info?
TIA

dturner said:
That's about what the worlwide reservation lady said when I talked to her, that if you have the rate on a printed out confirmation she thought LEGALLY they would have to honor it. We will see..............

I agree....I hope this all works out

smilingmouse said:
I agree....I hope this all works out

Me too - awesome - this rate allows me to stay extra days in Orlando........we will see what they do to the existing reservations if anything..............

all i remember is that it was a 1-877, i will go look - one sec - here it is
1-877-477-4674
they confirmed the reservation, etc.

i just hang central reservations in the UK and they said its fully booked... but i don't believe that! probably showing the same thing as on the internet.

my daughter's friend just saw it on the news and they were calling it the GREAT glitch. they were stating that they will have to honor the reservations that were confirmed. Not sure what channel it was on but we are in the Albany NY area.

jcanary said:
my daughter's friend just saw it on the news and they were calling it the GREAT glitch. they were stating that they will have to honor the reservations that were confirmed. Not sure what channel it was on but we are in the Albany NY area.

OMG - how funny (not for Holiday Inn) - I wonder how many people booked this morning - I know I did!!!! :cool1:

It seems that when you call, depending on who you talk with, we are getting different answers to basically the same question. Will the rate be honored or not? Just spoke to Joe in Guest Relations and he was going to contact the hotel and get back to me with an answer. As I told him, I have a confirmed reservation at that rate and that it should be honored, whether or not it will be is the big question. Will let you know what the answer is.

Dan

I'm on pins & needles waiting to hear!! I also booked one room for 8 nights in October, but by the time I tried booking for the others in my group, the system was already corrected! I can NOT believe I didn't think to just put all the rooms together!! :crazy: I feel completely terrible about it, but there's no way everyone in our group can stay in my 1 room either! :guilty:

Do you know if they are still taking bookings? I rang the UK and the US reservation centre and both said that they are sold out for my dates. Do you think if i ring a couple more times i may get lucky???

:badpc:

it was serious. Wish I would have booked and could have squeezed in another trip during the summer.

Good Luck to you all who have confirmation #'s......Looks like they did a nice job renovating the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter