A Typo?? $.93 a night and 1.13?

DH just got off the phone with Priority Club (?), which is Holiday Inn's club membership. They were able to confirm our reservation. The person he spoke with also said that the hotel has to honor the rate.

He then called his corporate travel agent. She was amazed by the rate. She also said they have to honor the rate BUT they can retract it within a resonable time.

My guess is they will see how many rooms were booked on the dollar rate & as long as there are not to many per week, they will honor it. If not they will contact us all & retract it.

I will wait about a month to check into it again. We were planning on making our reservations for the WL for November in 1 month. So when we would go to make those we will confirm the Holiday Inn rate. As long as it is still go we will hold them to it. I think 1 month is more then enough "resonable time".

Thanks for the info. I booked a room for our Sept trip at $0.93 per night. We will just have to wait and see what they do about it. Sure hope they honor it.

Just read this for the first time today. Unbelieveable! :earseek:

I check this board every morning, and this ONE morning, I didn't. I could kick myself. pirate: :sad2: Oh well! Subscribing also to see the outcome. Good luck to all of you that got the great rates, and if anyone isn't able to use their ressie even if they honor the price, feel free to PM me, I'll gladly take it off your hands! :wave:

Good luck everyone!

lclark0621 said:
DH just got off the phone with Priority Club (?), which is Holiday Inn's club membership. They were able to confirm our reservation. The person he spoke with also said that the hotel has to honor the rate.

He then called his corporate travel agent. She was amazed by the rate. She also said they have to honor the rate BUT they can retract it within a resonable time.

My guess is they will see how many rooms were booked on the dollar rate & as long as there are not to many per week, they will honor it. If not they will contact us all & retract it.

I will wait about a month to check into it again. We were planning on making our reservations for the WL for November in 1 month. So when we would go to make those we will confirm the Holiday Inn rate. As long as it is still go we will hold them to it. I think 1 month is more then enough "resonable time".

Thanks for the update.

DiszyDean said:
I think the hotel should probably chalk this up to a lesson learned and take all the free publicity they can get for honoring the mistake rates. Just think how many more people will be going to their website looking for these mistakes in the future. And even if they dont find one, they may decide to get a room...I am sure Holiday Inn is counting on it...

You keep referring to "the hotel." Some poor person put the decimal in the wrong place and cost his/her company alot of $$. They WILL be held accountable and most likely will be terminated. But as long as you got a good deal.... :rolleyes:

Think if you were in this same situation. How would you feel?

But go on, and keep giving yourself all warm and fuzzy feeling. Remember what they say about Karma...

I guess there are several ways to look at it...The hotel industry in Orlando is not exactly hurting and have been willing to gouge families for years with high rates for substandard hotel rooms...

You can talk yourself around this issue but it is dishonest. Also you can get a reasonable rate at a condo or villa. This is a tourist area and of course rates are going to be higher as they are in any tourist area.
<shaking my head> at the parents on this board. interesting if you booked into a hotel that is hurricaine damaged.

I just hope they honor the reservations of those of us that were able to make them

Why? Because people are taking advantage of the situation. No wonder schools have such a problem with kids cheating at school. They are learning from their parents actions. My son is one of the only teens that doesn't cheat at his school. It is very annoying for him to get an average grade(he is a straight a student also) on a hard test when teens that are not good students ace the test because they cheat. This is happening to society and those that are taking advantage are leading the way.

Actually, I didn't take advantage of it myself but dont blame other people for doing so....

I don't try to hold myself up as a moral compass for other people...If some poor guy got fired for it, I feel bad for his mistake but if I or anyone else for that matter made a mistake that cost their company thousands and thousands of dollars, I or anyone else might be fired too....

I think the hotel has already conceded that they are going to honor the rates because that is what good busineses do when they make a mistake...

You really think that if you made a mistake in dealing with a hotel or an airline, maybe forgetting to read the fine print of an agreement thoroughly, they would let you off the hook? Absolutely not...

swincha said:
<shaking my head> at the parents on this board. interesting if you booked into a hotel that is hurricaine damaged.

LMAO - whats wrong with booking at a hotel that had hurricaine damage, is doing refurbishments & will reopen in July 2005???? The hotel is still standing, didnt have MAJOR damage. maybe all the people that sustained hurricaine damage to their home shouldnt be still living in them?

<shaking my head> at the hurricaine damage comment.....

swincha said:
I just hope they honor the reservations of those of us that were able to make them

Why? Because people are taking advantage of the situation. No wonder schools have such a problem with kids cheating at school. They are learning from their parents actions. My son is one of the only teens that doesn't cheat at his school. It is very annoying for him to get an average grade(he is a straight a student also) on a hard test when teens that are not good students ace the test because they cheat. This is happening to society and those that are taking advantage are leading the way.

There has been NO official word on this from the hotel, so
1. how do you now this is simply an advertising ploy by the hotel company?
2. who said someone was getting fired?
3 why are you jumping to conclusions?

I don't believe any one of us has the facts here so I really don't think it's appropriate to put down those who managed to get in on the deal.

Have a little faith in your fellow man and as they say, the world will be a better place...

I think the hotel should probably chalk this up to a lesson learned and take all the free publicity they can get for honoring the mistake rates

One person made a typo and most likely will get fired. But no one cares since they can get something for nothing. Also when people steal which this really is the price gets spread around to all so the hotel can now raise their prices again!

It appears I am preaching to the crowd without any ethics.

YES - I booked at the $1.13 rate. I highly doubt that they will be loosing any kind of BIG BIG money over this. If you sit back & really think about it, if they book 100 rooms at $100 a night & an equal amount at the $1.13 rate per night, that averages out to $50 a night for 200 rooms. For the nights that are booked at the $1.13 rate, I bet they will just charge more rooms at regular rack rates to make up the difference. Or maybe just not offer any other discounts at that time or during a time that has quite a few rooms booked at the low rate.
The same hotel under different ownership booked rooms at $20.0X per night for several years around the same time frame this "mistake" was allowing people to book rooms. It must have worked ok for them as they did this several years in a row.
I seriously doubt there are 100's & 100's & 100's of rooms booked at this rate. AND I seriously doubt that their hotel will be booked SOLID from now until the time frame that the $1.13 rates were 'good' for. Better that they make a buck than to let the rooms sit completely empty. Also, with an onsite restaurant, I bet more people will be willing to eat there out of convenience since they got such a good hotel rate, they wouldnt mind spending more money elsewhere in the hotel. I know WE will be eating at the breakfast buffet there every morning & normally dont due to the price but 2 breakfast buffets + $1.13 + up to less than what I normally pay when staying at the condos we usually stay in. So I bet they will see a boost in their restaurant side of the business during the times people are staying there at their 'STOLEN, CHEATED' great rate. Also, their maids may be getting tipped better at this time because people will be thinking about the money they saved, just like you do when you get freebies at a restaurant, you end up tipping the waitress/waiter more (at least *I* do) because you saved overall on your check.

I suppose people that see clothing stores like Dillards or JcPenneys that are running 75% discount clearance clothing racks + an additional 25-50% off the clearance prices, can you honestly tell me you wouldnt RUN there to buy up the clothes at that rate? They sell x amount of clothes at regular/full price & then 'x' amount at the clearance rate - all & all it all comes out in the wash.

swincha said:

You have gone on about this over the course of a day. At this point I think its pretty clear where you stand on the issue.

It's human nature to get a deal...who SAID at the time it was booked that it wasnt one?

This thread is heading south...fast.

LMAO - whats wrong with booking at a hotel that had hurricaine damage, is doing refurbishments & will reopen in July 2005???? The hotel is still standing, didnt have MAJOR damage. maybe all the people that sustained hurricaine damage to their home shouldnt be still living in them?

<shaking my head> at the hurricaine damage comment.....

oh please it is a typo. not a ploy by the hotel. the comment is that you might end up not getting into a hotel that has been totally refurbished and it will serve you right for taking advantage of the situation. this has nothing to do with people in their homes. try to stay on topic

YES - I booked at the $1.13 rate. I highly doubt that they will be loosing any kind of BIG BIG money over this. If you sit back & really think about it, if they book 100 rooms at $100 a night & an equal amount at the $1.13 rate per night, that averages out to $50 a night for 200 rooms

No matter how you rationalize this it is dishonest and cheating. Your children will learn by your example. It appears the people who are taking advantage of this do not have a conscience. :sad2:

It's human nature to get a deal...who SAID at the time it was booked that it wasnt one?

Of course I saw it was an error. Human nature. I guess some can't rise above this base human nature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter