AAA for 2 rooms?

Eclpz314

<font color=red>ADDICOMNIAC<br><font color=teal>I
I have 10 nights in July booked at RPR club using AAA. Now my 78 yr. old mother will be flying down to join us for 2 nights. I have been checking different ways of booking her to get the cheapest rate and AAA comes out the best. Question: can I use AAA for the 2nd reservation also? If I can do that, I can get her in a club room near us. If not I'll have to stick with a standard room and request that the room be in the same building. Has anyone ever done something similar? I can't go with any of the deals that charge for cancelling because she takes care of my dad w/altz. and could possibly not be able to go at the last minute. As it is, I will book her airfare separate just in case. Thanks all.

I booked 2 rooms for August, 2 nights, one regular, one Club, both on AAA for the 2nd night (Friday it was not available).

At RPH, they told me Club was in Tower 3, so I requested Tower 3 for my regular room.

Thanks Pat! That's what I needed to know. My mom asked to be in the same building because she's afraid of getting lost. I can swing putting her on club level with us as long as I can use AAA. Have a fun vacation!

I booked through the resort. I had planned to use the AP discount because it would be about $30 per night cheaper but AAA is the only one that would count as a Loew's stay, giving me credit towards becoming a platinum member. Just found out yesterday that my mom wants to stay on club level if possible. Guess I'd better call down to RPR this morning. I want to call instead of book online........just so there's no mixup where my family's 10 night stay gets replaced by my mom's 2 night stay.

Thanks! I have found that the AAA price is the best price for my stay. There is no FAN or ENT. rate for the mid July frame. Buying the tickets through AAA is also less than the FAN rate.

Any advantages for calling the hotel direct?

We really wanted a Garden View room with queen beds and the only thing showing on both the Loew's and AAA web site are the Bay View 2/queen at a cost of $16 more per night.

I know that there are those that would say get the Bay because the view is prettier and it is only $16 more dollars (every little bit helps). We are not going to be there long enough to see the view. If there were balconies, that would be different so that we could drink our coffee outside in the morning. We get in late one evening and leave early the next morning for the park. We will do a full day and evening at the park and then maybe City Walk. The following morning, we will be leaving around 9:30 am to head for Port Canaveral and a cruise.

A view means nothing on this visit, so I was wondering if a Garden View may be available by calling?

Update on this: I called RPR yesterday to book my mom's 2-night stay and was told I couldn't use AAA for the 2nd room. He asked what other discounts I'd like to try and I said AP----I was originally quoted $223 AP for club back in Feb. when I first made my family reserv. Whoa! Yesterday I was quoted $288 w/ AP discount!!! I went ahead and booked it because I've got my mom all excited about joining us for 2 nights. The man I talked to was very polite and even suggested calling back several times between now and July to see if any cheaper rates are available. I plan to do this......won't give up hope until it's too late to change anything. Right now, at least I know she's got a reservation. That's the important thing at this point! Once again, this may be one of those things that depends on who you talk to as to what answer you're given.

That's odd that they wouldn't let you use AAA for a second room. :rolleyes:
I plan on calling today. If they say no, then I will just book online where it is available.

I am not believing this!

I just called and they quoted me a price of $288 for a Bay View. I asked for the AAA price and was told that I couldn't get that price for Friday night, but Saturday night was open. :rolleyes;

So, I went online and tried the Loew's web site. The AAA price for two is showing $269 now instead of the $231 it showed just this morning. I tried the AAA web site and it shows the same.

I think I am going to book the second night and hope that the first night comes back eventually. If not, we will just stay off site that first night and save money. It will be a hassel with luggage, but may be worth it!

I just went on the Loew's site and the message keeps coming up "dates not available" no matter if I use a promo. code or not. Guess I'm glad I booked yesterday! ....of course the Loew's site was showing AP rate for $223 club before I called down to reserve it and then they quoted me $288 yesterday. Sheesh! It would be nice to see consistency just once!

I have been searching all over this board for info on the RPH and keep running into your post about booking your mother's room. LOL:teeth:

The RPH now has the AAA rates. I can get a room there for $175 for both nights! Great rate but smaller room. Just wondering if we can make do. We will only be there 2 nights.

At any rate, I think I will go ahead and book it and then see if something comes up later that I can switch to. Or, I could book one night at RPH and one night at PBH and have the hotel move our luggage (I don't like this idea) while we are at the parks.

I am waiting on my husband to call me so I can fill him in.

OK, booked it at $215 for 5. I will keep checking the Loew's site to see if the PBH goes down in price and re-book.

LOL Familyof14! I guess the more I write about it, the more I'll convince myself it's going to work out ok. Mom turned into a little kid when we took her to WDW a few yrs. ago. This time is a little different because she's got to make a ton of arrangements for care for my dad while she sneaks away for a couple of days with us. Who knows what to expect with her this time......at MGM she rode Tower of Terror with my older son and I when dh and other 2 kids wouldn't go near it! She also did Bliz. Beach slides "because you only live once". She may like US and RPR so much that she won't want to go home!

When I called to book 2 rooms with AAA, they also told me I needed 2 AAA memberships. 1 for each room.

We have 5 memberships, so that wouldn't be a problem for us.

Eclpz314 - You should try calling about the AAA thing again. Just doesn't seem right.

Familyof14, I know I should be able to use AAA for both rooms. Maybe....just maybe that's why the person I talked to put them both under the same confirmation #? Who knows. Right now I'm just going to take a break from planning....yeah, right. All I really have left to do is book a towncar for mom and buy her park ticket (which a call to US today assured me that the 2day/3rd day free would still be available in July when we go---still thinking of going ahead and buying it now.......just in case:rolleyes: )

I'm in the same boat! :rolleyes: As soon as I finalize our hotel arrangements, I need to hire a limo for all our running back and fourth. I haven't decided whether or not to buy our 1 day ticket now or wait. AAA has a great discount. Which I could get the 1 day - 2 park ticket because I would love to sneak over and try the Twister ride at US.

BTW - A Garden View room in Portofino finally opened up and I got a AAA rate of $255 for 4 adults and one adult sized child..

I am keeping my other reservation at Royal Pacific ($215) and I will keep checking back with rates to see if I can get a better rate at Portofino. I had no trouble booking another room using AAA.

So far, that's the best rate I have seen for a Garden View at Portofino since I missed getting the FAN Club rate of $242. :)

Knowing the above rates and that we will have 5 adult sized people sharing the room, which resort would you pick?

My RPH AAA rate went up today to $269.00. I do wish that Loew's would just keep rate at their very lowest and quit playing games. :rolleyes:

Went ahead and cancelled the Royal today. We are going to be better off at the Portofino and the rate isn't that bad. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter