ABC's of Trip Planning (Oct 10-20), Vol. 2- Z is for: Zippidee Doo Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so far behind on yours! Oopsies!

Life can sometimes get in the way, and that's ok. The DIS is here for fun, and we all need to take care of real life too.

I feel weird that I apparently have eaten more dim sum than most, while still not nearly as often as I'd like, lol. First time in Toronto, then in Chicago (both regular Chinatown - Phoenix is the place, and Furama in New Chinatown), and also once in SF. I also love tapas. Dh and I have tried a few different places. Small plates are fun to share. Of course, I grew up with a family that liked to order dishes together, and then everyone would try a bit of everything, esp at Chinese restaurants. It was weird the first time I went to a Chinese restaurant and realized everyone was just ordering one dish each, and not sharing!

Don't feel weird, feel lucky! I"m a fan!

We did that too, we never ordered our own; it's just too much fun to share and taste many dishes. In fact, I guess I thought everyone did that. huh?

The museum photos are gorgeous!

Thanks! I sure had fun with my camera that day!

Also, I don't think I ever want a jalapeno margarita now! But, I will take dark chocolate.

Love dangerously, Irene! You can do it! LOLOLOLOL!

I am so glad to not be tied to a M-F Day job. But then again though my job may seem cushy, there are times that it basically sucks. I am hoping that right now is not one of those times.

I hope so too, Alison. Everyone should love their job. Even though I do there are hard seasons, it should still be enjoyable. Sounds like for the most part, you do like what you do.

:faint: OK, I'm tired just looking at the micro-management that you have planned. I have enough trouble keeping up with my FP+

I really only micro manage/plan the first like 3 hours. After that we really do fly by the seat of our pants and have a lot of wiggle room built in.

If you come and visit, I'm sure that our Dalmation kitties will be thrilled to meet you. They are enthralled by everybody.

I do like a snuggly kitty, just don't come across them hardly ever.

I did a Yelp search for Dim Sum and couldn't find any Chinese restaurants with more than 3 1/2 stars, much less any that people reviewed them for their Dim Sum, if they even offered it. We'll have to do more research when your visit it imminent.

Well shoot. I"m sure they are out there. Might just take a bit of word of mouth.

So that's kind of interesting....is she considered an American citizen since she was born outside the US?

No, she doesn't. The rule is that at least one parent must also be a Thai citizen for the baby to have Thai citizenship. She has the COOLEST birth certificate though. It says that she was born in the year of the horse, in year 2453 during the waning moon or some crazy thing like that. I'll get it out of the safe and show you a bit of it.

I was dubious about making the switch, but when we started moving 5-6 years ago my life became much more complicated. When my coffee grinder broke, rather than get a new one, I decided to simplify things. Now I'm hoping that it will break so I can get a Nespresso machine. :lmao:

Mine is a Capresso brand that I adore. Turns out some serious crema!

I used to think that Oakland was mostly slums and then on our way home from a trip to Tahoe in college we stopped at one-of-the-guys-in-our-car's house where his parents lived. They were in the Oakland hills and the house was HUGE, and that's when I discovered the multi million dollar houses there.

Yeah, I noticed Oakland had several "districts". Some were money-laden, some not. The area up towards Berkeley was dripping...

I wonder if it had an upstairs when we were there. At the time it was close to the street in the middle of a parking lot. I didn't even know there was one on the pier.

Possibly not. There was a sizable parking lot adjacent still, but it looked pretty established too.

That's OK, I don't expect everyone else to like the same things I do, but you should try one someday.

I'll make you a deal: (I can't believe I'm saying this!), you buy me a drink, and I will try one. KK?

I haven't been there in DECADES! Your pictures are all gorgeous!

Thanks! :)

Wow! Impressive for museum cafeteria food.

It was an impressive Food Court. They had a whole section of "street food" that was great. The menu is actually online if you want to see it.

Oh, man! You really had me going there!

Tee hee. :)

And now you're reminding me. I have plenty of water, but might need to think of a few other things. I sure hope that our glass in our french doors is tempered.

EEK! I do too! We have the river, so don't worry about water, but food and fuel are an issue.

Who doesn't? :confused3

My hubby for one. He thinks is the stupidest thing ever. He'll have to suck it up on our trip though, cuz I'll be doing a Dining Report too.

More replies soon. Long days coming up and hubs texted that's he's coming home tomorrow. Good news there too! He was promoted while on this fire to a GSUL- Ground Support Unit Leader. YAY!!!

Congratulations to your husband!! GSUL sounds very impressive (could even be a Harry Potter character...).

I love your San Francisco experience. It seems like you did all the things that we did not do!! Besides the sea lions, where our opinions differ so much... But if you had met Cassandra, you might think differently about them. She was a real cutie!!

See:

LILOU13.jpg

I sure hope that our glass in our french doors is tempered.

It better be - all glass in doors is required to be tempered, even if you aren't in an earthquake zone!

And after looking at that earthquake zone map, I have to admit to being surprised at how far south they are showing the New Madrid fault. I had thought it was further north, at least, considering how much they talked about it when I was in college in Champaign. But, I'm just as happy to see that my far northern corner of Illinois is still pretty stable - at least, for earthquakes!

Aaaand... I still have mine. They are a bit better with socks and I think they MAY work. Maybe.

But, you were wearing thong sandals? Please don't tell me you wear socks with them!

Oh, Dear Sir, while they are my feet, they are NOT my shoes. By then, I'd traded Michaela for her shoes.

Aaand...that explains that.

So cold weather already has come your way. We had a major cooldown here as well. It's ok; I'm ready for Fall. Really.

Sort of. Got down to (or was supposed to.... I didn't notice.) 46 the other night. But days are still around 75. I'm not ready for Fall... because that means winter... and cold... and shovelling.

I have an espresso machine and make a latte every morning. French Press works in a pinch if I"m traveling.

Ah! Okay I'm with you now.

What if s/he stops to window shop?

Hopefully then, we're the ones walking.

Those equipped with outhouses are only a cool 2 bones.

A steal!

Ummm.... I actually have a story about... ummm.... this.

popcorn::

I call that one "Pisa's Competition".

Appropriate.

Aaaand... I still have mine. They are a bit better with socks and I think they MAY work. Maybe.

I'm actually stressing over this! :laughing: Shoes! The shoes have to be just right! I feel like freaking Cinderella.

Shut. Up.

How do I get one of these??

Go to France and ask.

I caved. I had to. I've tied to copy and paste directly onto this board, but get errors pretty frequently.

Yeah, me too.

I hate paying for stuff that used to be free.

I know. But it's still free.... just not the amount we use it for.

Yes, I did. It seemed like a dreamy scene that I wanted to emphasize. I guess it worked.

::yes::

I literally laughed out loud at that. That was some funny stuff right there.

:laughing:

Well, yes. Shouldn't I have?

You shouldn't have to!!

I think I'd like that.

My thought process...
"Yes! That'd be fun! But... oh.... anyone else with us: "Can we go? Can't you stop taking pictures for one minute!?!?""

You've Google mapped it, for crying out loud.

Remembered that, did you?

Oh, Dear Sir, while they are my feet, they are NOT my shoes. By then, I'd traded Michaela for her shoes.

Poor Michaela. How were her feet?

I could sure have used it today. :(

Uh, oh.

Not. One. Bit.

It is in the Turkic Language family, so I guess you could say that I can understand MOST of Kyrgyz, Uzbek, and somewhat less of Turkish, although getting to fluency in it wouldn't take much.

Ah and... cool.

Russian is totally different; even a non speaker of either could tell the difference in minutes.

Got it.

Ok, first you like white choco, and now you don't like olives. This mermaid is eyeing the edge of the pool. ;)

I like white chocolate, I don't like dark chocolate, but you know I love you, right?

My parents have moved several time since I graduated- out of California, over to Virginia, to east Tennessee, and then to Bowling Green. They got tired of lugging my crap around, the very few boxes I had left with them. Should've gotten it when I because an adult. Tough life lesson.

They just left your stuff?????

Friday is the day... I'll let you know what I get.

Standing by. I bought a SD case the other day.
Today I'm buying a Sekonic light meter.

I do hope she knows I"m yanking her chain and just jesting. Spicing up the Boards a bit.

Oh, I'm sure she knows. I'm kidding too.

However, if there wasn't 75% fluff, I'd likely not have stuck around very long.

Oh, that's goo....... "fluff"?

"FLUFF"?????????

Every day I look at my ticker I think, OH man! How did it get so close? In all seriousness, I think starting this job made time sort of warp for me.

::yes:: This I believe.

WE do have at least 2 FiPs for 7DMT, so we aren't too stressed about that one.

Don't know if you recall, but on my solo trip I had a FP for it at about 10 minutes after park opening. I sauntered along as the crowd blasted by me and.... rode Pooh first. Then I wandered across the way and rode while hundreds of pairs of eyes glared in jealousy. It was awesome.

Long days coming up and hubs texted that's he's coming home tomorrow. Good news there too! He was promoted while on this fire to a GSUL- Ground Support Unit Leader. YAY!!!

Great news! Both the promotion and that he's coming home.

Super cute pic of you @Flossbolna !

Okay, I'm sitting here eating half a Subway sandwich and some Cheetos. It's taking me a while to type this <pause> because I have to keep stopping <pause> to wipe the cheese powder off of my fingers. They're too good to stop eating while I write this comment!!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I loved the snake picture. I also liked the butterfly one where one is in flight. Looked like a fun day, even if the weather wasn't the best.

Got behind! :sad: Trying to get caught up on my reading, but keep falling asleep. Have been having pretty rough RA flares the past 2 months. Got sick and then all * broke lose! I did scroll through your pics which are amazing as usual. You experience the most diverse wonderful things!

Disney is right around the corner. I twill be here before you know it and then you can start helping me plan mine! lol Gotta learn what a relaxing vacation is all about somehow!

Hope to be caught up soon! Hope the job is going well and still keeping Zach in my thoughts. If you have updated on him, I haven't gotten that far yet, I am like 10 pages behind all the sudden I think and that is just your report!

Dinner (homemade enchiladas with garden fresh veggies, for those of you who have to know), a glass of wine, some tidying, and then photo editing. Will get to replies hopefully later tonight. :)

Dinner. Home made chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce, marinated beef tenderloin, teriyaki chicken and vegetables, shrimp in black bean sauce and rice.
Then did the dishes and crashed in front of the TV before heading out to work.

Nice SF pics! I like the second bridge pic best. Antique feel. Looks like a great day. Did you join in at the Lindy hop? Mmmm Thai! We eat at Yum Thai here. I love that name

Super cute pic of you @Flossbolna !

Thank you!! And just to be clear: I am the one wearing the blue hat! ;)

This was on an excursion on our Panama Canal cruise and we had no intention of buying any pictures. But then they showed us the pictures they had taken and they were all so good! Very sneaky of them to get more money out of you that way... I have now learned my lesson and do budget buying the pictures into the price of any excursions I am planning on my cruises.

Thank you!! And just to be clear: I am the one wearing the blue hat! ;)

:lmao: I think I like you.

This was on an excursion on our Panama Canal cruise and we had no intention of buying any pictures. But then they showed us the pictures they had taken and they were all so good! Very sneaky of them to get more money out of you that way...

So it would be more fair if they took crappy pictures.
Gotcha. Gives you a fighting chance to say no.

:laughing:

I have now learned my lesson and do budget buying the pictures into the price of any excursions I am planning on my cruises.

Not having done a cruise yet (some day... some day!) I had no idea this was even a thing.

Well while we're sharing dinner plans, I grilled Mahi Mahi (seasoned with garlic, ginger, s&p, and soy sauce), zucchini, pineapple, and then served it with some Israeli Cous Cous. Yummy, but way to filling. Even the kitties couldn't eat it all.

Turning chilly and rainy here- I fear Fall is upon us. Time to get my own jacuzzi up and running!

Now.... Off to an 8-5, then were going to our State Fair.

Dinner. Home made chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce, marinated beef tenderloin, teriyaki chicken and vegetables, shrimp in black bean sauce and rice.
Then did the dishes and crashed in front of the TV before heading out to work.
Did you make all that from scratch?!?!?!

Well while we're sharing dinner plans, I grilled Mahi Mahi (seasoned with garlic, ginger, s&p, and soy sauce), zucchini, pineapple, and then served it with some Israeli Cous Cous. Yummy, but way to filling. Even the kitties couldn't eat it all.

Whoa! That's my kind of dinner!! Yummies!

Nice SF pics! I like the second bridge pic best. Antique feel. Looks like a great day. Did you join in at the Lindy hop? Mmmm Thai! We eat at Yum Thai here. I love that name

No, it was getting to be dinner time and it would have taken a while to find a partner. I suck anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter