Able to Book 2 Reservations for Same Dates?

dottieluv22

Earning My Ears
Hello all! Looking at a trip ahead and currently trying to determine whether it's best to get a 2 bedroom villa for our 2 families (totaling 9 people) or if it's best to just put in two reservations for two separate hotel rooms. We've got 5 kids between us and honestly, might be easier to just have separate hotel rooms so they're not keeping each other up at night. Plus, we don't really need the kitchen. I've also noticed in some instances, you use less points just doing hotel rooms versus villas. Is it possible to book two separate hotel rooms for the same dates (we'd like to treat our family and use our points!). If so, any tips and tricks in doing this? (like is it possible to put the reservation in the other family's name?). Sorry, total newbie here in this regard- any insight appreciated!

It really depends on your group but it’s nice to have a place to visit…like the living room. However, with 5 kids, some might be sleeping in the main area anyway so the two rooms might work well.

For us, with nine, we’d be doing the 2 bedroom and a studio. But, if that is not an option, then I’d still probably go wi5 the 2 bedroom just because that living rooms soace is nice.

Last edited:
Sandi must be on a phone bc I can’t tell exactly what she means. But, a 2BR is great if you know the other family really well as long as you know some of the kids will be sleeping in the living room area and you may not want that. You can definitely make a reservation in someone else’s name. You could make a request for the two rooms to be close to each other.

Sandi must be on a phone bc I can’t tell exactly what she means. But, a 2BR is great if you know the other family really well as long as you know some of the kids will be sleeping in the living room area and you may not want that. You can definitely make a reservation in someone else’s name. You could make a request for the two rooms to be close to each other.

I hate my fat fingers! I fixed the letter jumble!!
Haha

It really depends on your group but it’s nice to have a place to visit…like the living room. However, with 5 kids, some might be sleeping in the main area anyway so the two rooms might work well.

For us, with nine, we’d be doing the 2 bedroom and a studio. But, if that is not an option, then I’d still probably go wi5 the 2 bedroom just because that living rooms soace is nice.
Right, we have 3 smallish (under 7) kids and assume they’ll be sleeping in the pull down bed in the living room/extra sleeper anyway- so we won’t really have that living room area to gather at night. We can’t really do a 3 bedroom on our points, sigh.

Right- it’s my sister’s family, we’re all really close! But want the option to have two separate hotel rooms should we simply need that space apart at night, and again, noticed this might actually be lower in points altogether. If putting the reservation in someone else’s name can I do that at the time of booking on the computer? And when making a request that the two rooms be close to each other- do I have to call in order to do that? Thank you for your insight here!

Are you sure hotel room points are cheaper than studios? Once you change your points over, that can't be undone.

Right- it’s my sister’s family, we’re all really close! But want the option to have two separate hotel rooms should we simply need that space apart at night, and again, noticed this might actually be lower in points altogether. If putting the reservation in someone else’s name can I do that at the time of booking on the computer? And when making a request that the two rooms be close to each other- do I have to call in order to do that? Thank you for your insight here!
Do you mean booking 2 studios? Only Aulani has hotel rooms in the DVC inventory, and there are only 8 of them, and depending on time of year, it may not be possible to book 2. If you mean booking hotel rooms in the Disney collection, then the points required will be much higher.
You can put in the name of the other family at the time of booking on the computer.
Lastly, yes, you will need to call DVC MS to put in the request.

when making a request that the two rooms be close to each other- do I have to call in order to do that?
You can chat via the member website, email via the Contact Us link on the member website, or call MS. You want to give them both reservation numbers and ask that a "traveling with" notation be put on each of them. That lets the room assigners know you'd like to be as close together as possible. Keep in mind it's only a request, and depending on the specific resort may be more or less difficult for them to meet. For instance, Poly is all studios, so it's easier for them to keep you nearby than at a resort that has a lot of 1BR and 2BR villas, with studios more spread out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter