About the recent crowds, also F & W experience

Kay1

<font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b
For those who wonder about last weekends large crowds and avoiding them in the future, I have one bit of advice: find out when Florida State ProEd days are. Every October we have a 3 1/2 to 4-day weekend during which all schools are closed. I know they have similar in every state but, as you can imagine, there is a huge impact when it's our schools because it's nothing for any Floridian to hop in the car and visit Disney. I think this important info should be included in all guide books to help people avoid or plan for large crowds.

We arrived Friday morning and the first thing I saw were big signs saying the MK fireworks and closing were pushed back an hour which was good. I think they did their best but we had to wait 20 minutes in the Fast Pass lines at Buzz and Pan, and the Fast Pass lines for those rides wove far from the buildings.

The F & W was great this year, though also crowded. Our favorite samples were the crab cakes and chowder in AA, the tart in France, and the mussels in New Zealand.

I don't know next year's ProEd days but we'll know by early in the year and it's always in October. Hope this helps someone.:wave2:

Excellent information! Thanks for sharing with us.

I was at the crowded F & W this weekend. My kids didn't have off any extra days either in Lee county, so it must not be the whole state. I don't think Collier County was off either.
I had the Loster & corn chowder in America, excellent by tiny!
Crab Cakes in America, very good.
I also had the Beef sosatie in s. africa, excellent.
The greek salad in Greece, terrible!!!!
Cheddar cheese soup in Canada, just okay.
sangria in Spain, Very yummy!
Cape Indaba Merlot in S. Africa, yummy!
Boutari Kretikos Red, yummy!:tongue:

The lamb in Australia is excellent as is the pulled chicken with lime in Southeast Asia.

The festival is the smallest it's ever been. The food quality seems a bit better than last year, though.

The poster for the festival is very nice. Done in the impressionistic manner it is the first poster that I can recall being done by a woman artist. It's format is museum style versus the conventional poster layout.

Prices have inched upward, $18 for the poster now, and no AP discount. $5 for the recipe book, where you once received them for the taking or asking. Food samples inching toward the $5 mark. Beers of the World all at $7.50...

Changes, but it's still my favorite time of year at the WS! :)

I live in Fla. and work for my local school system and I have never heard of FL State Pro ed days?!!! Are we missing something?

Originally posted by nowellsl
I live in Fla. and work for my local school system and I have never heard of FL State Pro ed days?!!! Are we missing something?

I know! I want a Four day weekend! I think the only time we get a four day weekend is Easter weekend and I wouldn't touch those parks that weekend for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter