Add an additional night to a Hotel Package?

Runnsally

DIS Veteran
Given that the max length of a TDR Vacation Package is two nights, is it possible to tack on an additional room-only night to a package reservation? Thanks!

Me too!! Debating a stay at DL hotel or at the Hilton. Not real confident we will be successful at booking a DL resort hotel.

Anyone have any updates? We will be in the same situation for June. Thanks

…or you can book back-to-back packages ideally with the same room type…
But not if you want to stay onsite the night before or after and not forfeit a package park day. Plus, it's not always easy to do that. I tried and was unsuccessful at first. I, finally, after weeks of trying, was able to get 2 packages for the same hotel/room type. It's still not guaranteed that you can stay in the same room. It's up to the hotel. They have allowed it before though.

But not if you want to stay onsite the night before or after and not forfeit a package park day. Plus, it's not always easy to do that. I tried and was unsuccessful at first. I, finally, after weeks of trying, was able to get 2 packages for the same hotel/room type. It's still not guaranteed that you can stay in the same room. It's up to the hotel. They have allowed it before though.
New here, can you clarify what you mean by ‘not forfeit a package park day’?
Thanks

New here, can you clarify what you mean by ‘not forfeit a package park day’?
Thanks
I think I was trying to say that with overlapping packages you will have overlapping park days. For instance, a 3 day2 night package starting on day 1 that runs through day 3. Then a 2 day/1 night package starting on day 3 and ending on day 4. This keeps you from having to try to get a hotel room only, which you would have to do if they don’t overlap. Room only reservations are harder to get. With the overlapping day, day 3, you are sort of not taking full advantage of day 3. You still get passes, and you can actually park hop, since the packages will give you tickets for both parks that day. Does that make more sense?

I think I was trying to say that with overlapping packages you will have overlapping park days. For instance, a 3 day2 night package starting on day 1 that runs through day 3. Then a 2 day/1 night package starting on day 3 and ending on day 4. This keeps you from having to try to get a hotel room only, which you would have to do if they don’t overlap. Room only reservations are harder to get. With the overlapping day, day 3, you are sort of not taking full advantage of day 3. You still get passes, and you can actually park hop, since the packages will give you tickets for both parks that day. Does that make more sense?
Yes that does! So sorry, but what is the solution to this then? To not miss a park day?

Starting our planning for January Japan.

So packages book at 6 months while hotel at 4 months. So hotels solo without package is really that scarce?

We really want four nights with three days as prefer to get there and relax then hit the park first thing, rest midday and park again to close out then crash. This would require hotel nights to bookend the package 2 nights. Want to avoid off site hotels bookending cause that's a lot of luggage moving

Starting our planning for January Japan.

So packages book at 6 months while hotel at 4 months. So hotels solo without package is really that scarce?

We really want four nights with three days as prefer to get there and relax then hit the park first thing, rest midday and park again to close out then crash. This would require hotel nights to bookend the package 2 nights. Want to avoid off site hotels bookending cause that's a lot of luggage moving

Packages are currently 5 months 1 month at a time. The TDR reservation site has updates at the bottom. Since hotels get released 4 months out to the day, you could try and see. Mine was bad, but we are going in June. Maybe stuff will have calmed down some. However, it seems like certain rooms are usually gone with the package releases. We managed to get the night before our package and after. At first it wasn't at the same hotel as the package. Then I got that hotel, but not the same room type. Now I have the same room type before but not after. So only moving once now.

I'm wondering if toy story package would be more advantageous with a pre and post hilton stay. The challenge then is to monorail afterwards and we are very spoiled. Grand Californian dvcers.

Thinking miracosta maybe the best chances of cobbling together those four nights over fantasy springs.

I'm wondering if toy story package would be more advantageous with a pre and post hilton stay. The challenge then is to monorail afterwards and we are very spoiled. Grand Californian dvcers.

Thinking miracosta maybe the best chances of cobbling together those four nights over fantasy springs.
FS would be hard. Toy Story only gets Happy Entry at Disneyland. Miracosta hasn’t been easy lately, since only it and FS get HE at Disney Sea. Disneyland Hotel and Ambassador have been easier.

Happy entry is 15.minutes before.others....so rope drop advantage only right? Also premiere pass selections too i suppose if want to do that route for fs if hotel stay only?

Happy entry is 15.minutes before.others....so rope drop advantage only right? Also premiere pass selections too i suppose if want to do that route for fs if hotel stay only?
Huge Premier and Priority Pass advantage. Also an advantage getting to that first ride. 15 minutes may not seem like much, but it’s terribly useful. Sometimes it’s more than 15 minutes.

The big thing about TDR is that people there are conditioned to arrive early. So, of the people who will be in the park during the day a much larger percentage will do rope drop. So not like US parks and even DLP, you won’t have as many people arriving at 10, 11 am. From what I have been told it’s because day visitors come by train predominantly and trains run very early, but not late in the evening. Our experience was that evening crowds are much lighter than US parks. That’s why the 15 minutes matter.

We still stay offsite and arrive late. But we are also willing to accept that we might miss out on something and are planning to return soonish anyway as we love Japan and its easier to get there from Germany where we live than from the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter