Adding extra nights - what's the cost?

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm very seriously considering booking the Ireland vacation for next summer for my mom and I. We have decided we would like to add one night on at the beginning and two nights at the end.

Disney says they can give you a discounted rate to stay at the hotel if adding on nights. Just wondering what that has been for some of you. Obviously, I understand that each hotel has a different cost, but what percentage off of the rack rate would you guess it would be?

Thanks for the help!

So I was really curious to see what the prices were and I decided to call ABD directly.

Whoa! I'm very confused and shocked with this pricing.

To arrive early and stay one night in Dublin, she quoted me $180 - per person, per night. :confused3 That seems very expensive to me...I get that the hotels might be really nice and pricey but I've never heard of hotels charging on a per person basis. Don't even get me started on the price of the Dromoland castle! Try $320 per person, per night. Whoa! Even knowing that both hotels allow for airport transfers still seems so expensive. Kinda makes the rest of the trip seem like a huge value, huh?

Don't get me wrong, it probably won't keep us from doing this trip. :laughing: I just did not expect to hear those prices for the extra nights.

Still would be interested in hearing people's thoughts on this and what kind of pricing you all received.

We paid per person for our pre-tour stay as well. It was $139 pp per night for the Peninsula Hotel in Beijing.

I also called ABD and checked on the pre and post tour rates for the Austalia trip. The pre rate at Sea Temple Resort is $155.86 per person and the post rate at the Grace Hotel is $148.48. I looked online at the hotel websites and the book-it-myself rate at Sea Temple looks a bit higher than ABD and at Grace the rate seems to be a little less (taking into consideration the exchange rate). When I booked the trip a couple of days ago I was told that breakfast was included with the pre date at Sea Temple. I called about the post rates today and I didn't think to ask if the quoted rate included breakfast. Also, I'm traveling in June and those rates for next year aren't available, so I compared with August, September, February and March.

I also called ABD and checked on the pre and post tour rates for the Austalia trip. The pre rate at Sea Temple Resort is $155.86 per person and the post rate at the Grace Hotel is $148.48. I looked online at the hotel websites and the book-it-myself rate at Sea Temple looks a bit higher than ABD and at Grace the rate seems to be a little less (taking into consideration the exchange rate). When I booked the trip a couple of days ago I was told that breakfast was included with the pre date at Sea Temple. I called about the post rates today and I didn't think to ask if the quoted rate included breakfast. Also, I'm traveling in June and those rates for next year aren't available, so I compared with August, September, February and March.

ABD told me breakfast was included in both hotels as well as airport transfers. I guess I'm just confused that it is "per person". I'm used to booking a hotel and it be "x" amount per night for however are in the room.

They quoted us a per night (not per person) rate for Viva Italia and Knights and Lights. We are doing 2 pre nights in Rome (Bernini Bristol) and 2 post nights in Paris (Hilton Arc de Triomphe.) Rome was $389 per night and Paris was $420 per night.

ABD told me breakfast was included in both hotels as well as airport transfers. I guess I'm just confused that it is "per person". I'm used to booking a hotel and it be "x" amount per night for however are in the room.

Me too. I was comparing the regular room rate with the ABD quoted rate, considering just two people, since there are only two of us. It would be crazy expensive if they charged another $150 for a third person in the same room.

For pre-night in Germany the price was 323.00. The agent said he will put in a request and someone would call me back.:confused3

They told me the same thing, because they aren't able to book for my 2009 dates yet.

S

To arrive early and stay one night in Dublin, she quoted me $180 - per person, per night. :confused3 That seems very expensive to me...I get that the hotels might be really nice and pricey but I've never heard of hotels charging on a per person basis. Don't even get me started on the price of the Dromoland castle! Try $320 per person, per night. Whoa! Even knowing that both hotels allow for airport transfers still seems so expensive. Kinda makes the rest of the trip seem like a huge value, huh?

Hi Shannon!
My husband and I are doing the Ireland trip in May. We also inquired about staying an extra night before and after. And I too was totally thrown by the price (and that they quote you per person!!)
We were thinking about looking into the airport hotel in Shannon for our last night there...but we have a while to figure it all out I guess.

Hi Shannon!
My husband and I are doing the Ireland trip in May. We also inquired about staying an extra night before and after. And I too was totally thrown by the price (and that they quote you per person!!)
We were thinking about looking into the airport hotel in Shannon for our last night there...but we have a while to figure it all out I guess.

We are going to do June sometime because I work in the schools. I'm so excited...my father, who passed away in January was born in Galway and lived there until he was 18, and at his funeral I met cousins who still live there that I never met or knew about. And I have irish heritage on my mother's side as well. Great-grandparents were born in county cork. So I've been waiting a long time to finally see "my homeland". Our extra day or so at the end I was hoping to spend visiting with my cousins so it would be nice to be close to them. My mom and I are not going to rent a car - way too scary for us to worry about driving and all that.

Shannon,

DD and I are going in May with one pre-night in Dublin. I was quoted $360 per night per double occupancy which does equal $180 per person. They are probably trained to say everything per person since there are many single travelers and it might be the way the accounting books are kept. I know it's different than what we are used to but it boils down to the same price. It definitely isn't an outrageous price for a room in a nice Dublin hotel.

Here's a reference point: I plan on attending a weekend at WDW for the F&WF in October. I called Disney for an Epcot Resort room for 2 nights. I was quoted $1002 for a lagoon view room at Yacht Club ... now that's outrageous! :mad: She didn't give me the rate per night, just the total for the 2 nights. Just different ways to get to the same end.

Shannon,

DD and I are going in May with one pre-night in Dublin. I was quoted $360 per night per double occupancy which does equal $180 per person. They are probably trained to say everything per person since there are many single travelers and it might be the way the accounting books are kept. I know it's different than what we are used to but it boils down to the same price. It definitely isn't an outrageous price for a room in a nice Dublin hotel.

Here's a reference point: I plan on attending a weekend at WDW for the F&WF in October. I called Disney for an Epcot Resort room for 2 nights. I was quoted $1002 for a lagoon view room at Yacht Club ... now that's outrageous! :mad: She didn't give me the rate per night, just the total for the 2 nights. Just different ways to get to the same end.

You're right...and that is what I was thinking to, still odd to me. Makes me feel like I'm spending more than if she told me the same total as a "per room" price.

I'm so excited to book this, although my mom is a little hesitant (and I mean a little) because we don't have any kids with us. It's just me, 28, and her. It seems, from reading these boards, that it isn't really a big deal. Anyone care to offer their thoughts?

To those of you considering an extra night at Dromoland Castle- DO IT! It's worth every penny. I wish I had booked an extra day there just to enjoy he beautiful surroundings and relax after a week of touring.

I went on the Westin Dublin site, plugged in the dates and the prices range from 264 to 543 euros per night, which would be $396 to $814 at current exchange rate. So rest assured Disney is giving us a discounted rate off of rack.

I was also told that they could not yet book extra nights. If anyone finds out the price for an extra night at the hotel in Quito, Ecuador, please post here!

I asked ABD about Quito yesterday, and was told prices would not be available until end of September! Looking at the Marriott Website, for the day before our tour starts, a regular room starts at $225, not including breakfast. We would also have to pay for transporation from the airport if we booked it ourselves, but Marriott offers a shuttle for $5pp one way, so it wouldn't be too bad.

It will be interesting to see what type of discount Disney can offer.

And for those you going on the Galapagos Adventure, the Marriott there in Quito looks very nice. I know we will be there only one day on each end of the tour, but it appears Disney has selected well.

Leslie

I just spoke with ABD and they have the prices for 2009, but just can't book them yet. They are per person, not per room and ask about breakfast for each location. Some include breakfast, other do not.
In addition , some locations the price changes according to the day of the week. London is $674.00 for 2 on a Thurs. night. Price is less on the weekends, go figure.

I spoke with my mom tonight and mentioned the cost of the extra nights.

She said "Wow, that much?!...well I guess we'll just have to make it work." :laughing:

Thanks for the Quito price. Since we're travelling quite a ways, I want to add an additional day at the beginning of the tour to make sure we get there in time.

$674 for London? Wow! If I were you, I'd stay somewhere else on that extra day. Last year I paid 185 pounds/night including breakfast at a very nice hotel using a government employee rate. Shop around, you might also be able to get a AAA rate at certain hotels. Even if $674 includes transportation to or from LHR, this doesn't sound like a good deal. London is very easy to get around, even with luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter